Waverly(13) @ (38)Nelsonville-York

Ground Buck
All Conference

Re: Waverly (4-0) @ Nelsonville-York (4-0)

Post by Ground Buck »

dilligaf wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:32 am Buckeyes doing good with there new Trimble coach just like last time
They just needed someone in there who knows something about football i guess
I'm pretty sure if you ask Rusty he'll tell you he not a "Trimble coach." Doubt if he even says he's from Trimble. He's an NY Buckeye through and through. You are correct that he "knows something about football" though, and he proves that each year when he hands Uncle Phil his hind side. So the only thing Trimble about Rusty is that he owns them, and the new field should be named after him instead of The Gambler. :mrgreen:

NY will handle Waverly in this one. The Tigers haven't seen speed like what they are about to come up against. It could get ugly.

FEAR the little Big 3! :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Well, these same waverly kids played wheelersburg & valley view last year - so im gonna guess they've seen similar speed & size.

;)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Ground Buck wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:23 am
dilligaf wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:32 am Buckeyes doing good with there new Trimble coach just like last time
They just needed someone in there who knows something about football i guess
I'm pretty sure if you ask Rusty he'll tell you he not a "Trimble coach." Doubt if he even says he's from Trimble. He's an NY Buckeye through and through. You are correct that he "knows something about football" though, and he proves that each year when he hands Uncle Phil his hind side. So the only thing Trimble about Rusty is that he owns them, and the new field should be named after him instead of The Gambler. :mrgreen:

NY will handle Waverly in this one. The Tigers haven't seen speed like what they are about to come up against. It could get ugly.

Coach Richards will tell you he's a rudder......
He's proud of where he came from.
But having said that. He is a Buckeye thru and thru.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:30 am Well, these same waverly kids played wheelersburg & valley view last year - so im gonna guess they've seen similar speed & size.

;)
The same kids that had a chance to beat Burg.....
I can't understand anyone who would take this team lightly.
This is a darn good football team.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Waverly ain't gonna be punked thats for sure

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

This is going to be a big game for both teams. NY is the favorite I would say, they seem to be very strong on both sides of the ball. But I don't think you can chalk up this one as an automatic W for the Buckeyes. Waverly is a pretty solid team, with a very explosive offense. I could see this one possibly turning into a shoot out if the defenses struggle. This is going to be a mighty task for the Tigers, this will be the best team they have seen and this will make back to back weeks where they have to travel an hour and a half. Hopefully the Tiger faithful will make the trip and help create a great atmosphere for this one. Looking forward to Friday night!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I see this game being a track meet! Least turn overs and last team with the ball wins!!

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:21 pm I see this game being a track meet! Least turn overs and last team with the ball wins!!
NY will shut down Waverly. The question will be, can Waverly stop NY? I say no way.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

indianabuck wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:02 pm Great non conference battle. What does everyone think? Both QB's went for over 300 and 5 tds.
Seen both teams Waverly will stomp a gut outta NY!

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

bevo wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:33 pm
indianabuck wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:02 pm Great non conference battle. What does everyone think? Both QB's went for over 300 and 5 tds.
Seen both teams Waverly will stomp a gut outta NY!
Can't say I disagree that there might be a stomping, but it will be NY stomping and wearing a hole in Waverly's aszz. :mrgreen:

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

talk is cheap see ya Saturday morning

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

bevo wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:03 pm talk is cheap see ya Saturday morning
You mean you're not coming to the game to see the stomping? :mrgreen:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:37 am
93Bulldog wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:30 am Well, these same waverly kids played wheelersburg & valley view last year - so im gonna guess they've seen similar speed & size.

;)
And NY had a chance before the 1st quarter started. It went down hill fast after that.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

this will get out of hand pretty quick... Waverly rolls!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

P(irate) wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:41 pm

;)
And NY had a chance before the 1st quarter started. It went down hill fast after that.
Same Nelsonville fans who 2 years ago talked smack when they were 1-9 lol. Same game plan for 30 years beat teams with lesser athletes, when they play equal talent they fold like a lawn chair! Waverly by at least 3 scores!

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

bevo wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:50 pm

Same Nelsonville fans who 2 years ago talked smack when they were 1-9 lol. Same game plan for 30 years beat teams with lesser athletes, when they play equal talent they fold like a lawn chair! Waverly by at least 3 scores!
I'll have you a pot of crow stew after the game. I have to admit though, you did get a chuckle out of me with this garbage. :mrgreen:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

:lol:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Ground Buck wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:54 pm
I'll have you a pot of crow stew after the game. I have to admit though, you did get a chuckle out of me with this garbage. :mrgreen:
Not big on crow, but if you have any leftover........

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I forgot to give my prediction. Got side tracked by the side show. I'm going to say Waverly by 17. Pull away late in the 3rd.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Blitz wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:49 pm this will get out of hand pretty quick... Waverly rolls!
I agree, NY will roll Waverly, and Waverly will roll over and have cleat marks on their backs. The Waverly fans will think this is a track meet and their coach brought all the slow kids. :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”