Waverly(13) @ (38)Nelsonville-York

moonshine
SEO

Re: WK5 Waverly (4-0) @ Nelsonville-York (4-0)

Post by moonshine »

since grounded chuck is not coaching anymore NY by 10! :mrgreen:

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

This is a must win for the Tigers at the halfway point of the season. A loss in this one and another loss and no way Tigers make the playoffs in region 16.
It's a different story in the other 3 Divison 4 regions.
Tigers just need to take care of business and play good sound football. Limit penalties and no turnovers.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

NY BUCKS wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:44 pm Ny has played a little tougher schedule. .
I think if Ny can pop a couple good passes to spread waverly out and give Wilburn some room get up field Ny will be tough to beat..
How do you figure that NY has played a tougher schedule? Waverly's opponents have a combined 8 wins & NY's opponents have a combined 7. Not saying the combined win factor means everything, I am just curious as to your reasoning why you believe they've had a tougher schedule thus far.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:24 am
NY BUCKS wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:44 pm Ny has played a little tougher schedule. .
I think if Ny can pop a couple good passes to spread waverly out and give Wilburn some room get up field Ny will be tough to beat..
How do you figure that NY has played a tougher schedule? Waverly's opponents have a combined 8 wins & NY's opponents have a combined 7. Not saying the combined win factor means everything, I am just curious as to your reasoning why you believe they've had a tougher schedule thus far.
I would call the schedule pretty close to even at this point in the season.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:37 am
I would call the schedule pretty close to even at this point in the season.
I agree as well.

Bring the Heat
Freshman Team

Post by Bring the Heat »

smurray, I think division IV region 13 looks pretty stout right now.
They have 7 teams undefeated and 3 others at 3 and 1.
Your region has 5 and 5 at 4 and 0 and 3 and 1.

Both regions at this point leave little room for error going forward.

NYBUCKSFAN
Waterboy

Post by NYBUCKSFAN »

Really looking forward to this game. Not sure what to expect from Waverly, but I've been impressed with how the offense and defense of NY has been improving each week. Rusty really seems to be good at getting the best out of his talent, and game-planning for each opponent. That's a nice change that he's brought to the table. Not throwing shade at the previous staff, just saying that he seems to be flexible and obviously watches a lot of film

Hope it's a great game and everyone stays healthy!

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Do any Waverly folks know about the kicking game? I thought we had lost our extra point and field goal kicker a few weeks back due to a concussion from soccer, but I'm not 100% certain.. Whatever has happened I hope they are able to get things figured out for this week, because those extra points could be the difference between sitting at 5-0 or 4-1.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I think NY and Waverly have played nearly equal schedules.

NY plays a more difficult schedule than most schools their size for sure. That’s why NY is ranked first in their region right now.

NYBUCKSFAN
Waterboy

Post by NYBUCKSFAN »

I love the Calpreps site, and I've been projecting a few matchups between NY, Waverly, and common opponents. It's usually pretty accurate. They rate Waverly's offense about 3 points better than Nelsonville's, and Nelsonville's defense about 7 points better than Waverly's. That probably determines the 31-28 prediction they came up with of NY over Waverly.

Whatever the case, it should be a great high school game. Looking forward to it.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Trimble minford newark catholic all 3 are usually strong ..

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

NY BUCKS wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:03 pm
Mark Minford off that list. They have a very stagnant offense. Any decent defense can shut them down with little effort.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

P(irate) wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:48 pm

Mark Minford off that list. They have a very stagnant offense. Any decent defense can shut them down with little effort.
I'm not sure Newark Catholic is very good this year either. The fact Watkins Memorial had em beat until the final minute (NC 15, Watkins 14) tells me a little about the Green Wave. Athens played Watkins the week before and absolutely dominated the game - winning 27-0 - and it probably could have been 40-0 ... Newark Catholic is 1 point away from being (0-4) and is probably gonna lose tomorrow to Licking Heights as well.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

And they put 33 points on the board. Is Minford's offense underrated or is NY defense overrated?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Sports-nut wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:48 am

And they put 33 points on the board. Is Minford's offense underrated or is NY defense overrated?
I think that is my point. Lol. They put 33 on Northwest. Who is 0-4. Put 21 on Rock Hill. 7 on Oak Hill. Are you seeing where I'm going with this? I don't think Nelsonvilles defense has been tested. That will change on Friday.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

P(irate) wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:08 am

I think that is my point. Lol. They put 33 on Northwest. Who is 0-4. Put 21 on Rock Hill. 7 on Oak Hill. Are you seeing where I'm going with this? I don't think Nelsonvilles defense has been tested. That will change on Friday.
LOL I hope Waverly thinks the way you do. If so, they'll have a rude awakening on their first possession. Sometimes you're the windshield, and sometimes you're the bug. Waverly will be like a common mosquito Friday night. :mrgreen:

FEAR the SPLAT! :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Ground Buck wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:59 am
P(irate) wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:08 am

LOL I hope Waverly thinks the way you do. If so, they'll have a rude awakening on their first possession. Sometimes you're the windshield, and sometimes you're the bug. Waverly will be like a common mosquito Friday night. :mrgreen:

FEAR the SPLAT! :mrgreen:

Yeah if I was NY, Id just go ahead get prepared for Meigs. :lol:

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

FEAR this!

Image :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Waverly needs to win the battle up front on both sides of the ball. The O-Line needs to be able to make holes for Kritzy to keep the NY defense honest and also give protection to Howell so he can make the right reads. The D-Line needs to be able to get in the backfield and make their QB uncomfortable and get a few sacks. If the D-Line just rushes him out of the pocket, he seems like he can hurt you with his legs as well, so containment will be another key.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:50 pm Waverly needs to win the battle up front on both sides of the ball. The O-Line needs to be able to make holes for Kritzy to keep the NY defense honest and also give protection to Howell so he can make the right reads. The D-Line needs to be able to get in the backfield and make their QB uncomfortable and get a few sacks. If the D-Line just rushes him out of the pocket, he seems like he can hurt you with his legs as well, so containment will be another key.
The Buckeye defense has a tall task in front of them.
It should be interesting tomorrow night.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”