GAME REPORT:St Marys(W.Va) 63 Marietta 19

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

GAME REPORT:St Marys(W.Va) 63 Marietta 19

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

(I ONLY HAVE A ST MARYS ROSTERS, SO I WILL HAVE NAMES OF THE PLAYERS FROM ST. MARYS AND NUMBERS FOR THE MARIETTA PLAYERS)

Last night I made my first ever trip to St. Marys. West Virginia to watch 2-0 St Marys battle 3-0 Marietta, this would also be the first time I had got to see either team play in person. I was hoping to see a battle that came down to the wire, what I got, along with all of the others in the very big crowd was a blowout that took three minutes to see was coming.

With a little over a minute going into the opening quarter the Tigers put the ball on the ground and making the recovery for St. Marys was Jacob Hoyt.
Eric Illar would get St Marys on the board when he threw a short pass to Dylan Gray, who took it to the house from 66-yards out to put the home team up 6-0. Strong footed kicker,Robbie Gonzalez made this a 7-0 game with his booming kick, with 10:42 left in the quarter.

#13 of the Tigers would be sacked by Tucker Dalrymple and Elijah Hearn for a five-yard-loss, at the 9:29 mark of the quarter.
The St. Mary defense looked a step and a half faster than the Tigers offense and twice as strong,
With 9:08 left in the quarter #13 of the Tigers would be picked off by Dylan Gray.

St Marys offense needed just one play to score on its first drive and on the first play after the interception, they would score again.
With 9:00 left in quarter, the best player I have watch play this season,Jaiden Smith went 35-yards to make this a 13-0 game. A bad snap cause the point after try to fail, leaving this a 13-0 game. Counting all star games and the grid I went to in Kentucky and the 53 games I have recorded from TV, Smith is without a doubt the best player I have watched. He plays running back on offense and middle linebacker on defense. He is listed 5-9, 205 pounds, has speed to burn and is the most powerful back I have seen in a long time.

The Tigers would use a recovered fumble to lead to a much needed score, with 3:09 left in the long first quarter. The scoring play came on a 41-yard run by #24, The point after kick from #23 made this a 13-7. Even with there being just six points separating the two teams, it did not really look that close. St. Marys had multiple weapons on offense and they all were clicking, while the Tigers were making mistake after mistake, with most of them being dropped passes by anyone #13 was throwing the ball to.

Just six seconds after the Tigers score, Smith made a 12-yard run that showed nice speed and Paul Bunyan like strength. Then with 1:14 left Eric Illar found a wide open Matt Eichhorn, for a 42-yard score. Eichhorn was opened by at least 10-yards. A two point conversion pass from Illar to Dylan Gray, made this a 21-7 game.

Smith would field a Tigers punt and electrify the large home crowd, with a 86-yard return for another St. Marys touchdown.The point after kick made this a 28-7 game, with 6:51 left in the half. Smith had shown in every way possible that he was a dangerous player and one that every player on the field better know where he was.

#24 For Marietta would take a hand off from his quarterback and be planted on the turf by Jeremy Smith, for a three-yard-loss, with 6:00 left in the half.

Dylan Gray, who played a huge game, batted down a pass by #13of the Tigers, with 4:43 left in the quarter.
The St. Marys defense seems to be able to get a big play from any player on the field at anytime, as this unit seems to play like a swarm of angry wasp.
There was 4:29 left in the quarter when Smith, would break several tackles and pick up 12-yards, as he showed everyone how powerful he ran and did so with the grace of a power lifter, making a huge life. The scored became 35-7 after Grey capped off the 55-yard, 12-play drive, with a 12-yard run right up the gut of a depleted Tigers defense, with 3:15 left in the quarter. The point after was good once again.

Marietta (3-1) faces a fourth and twelve, with 1:40 left in the third and they elected to go for it and that choice was made good,when #13 hooked up with #8, who took the ball down to the St. Marys 27-yard line. Just two seconds later the Tiger found pay dirt when,#24 went 27-yards for the score. The point after kick was blocked and this stayed a,35-13 game.

The Tigers defense would get a sack from #65 on Eric Illar, that netted a loss of four, with :31 left in the half. It was good to see the defense still giving a hardy effort, with the game already out of reach.

st. Marys(3-0) took the 2nd half kickoff and Smith took the ball all the way out to the Tigers 43- Smith just kept getting stronger and it seemed faster as the game progressed. Smith would pick up twenty-one of his 266-yards with 10:58 showing on the score clock at Bill Hanlin Stadium. Grey pranced in from a yard out for another score by the home team and after the point after kick, we had a 42-13 game.

The Tigers would answer at the 8:27 mark of the quarter, when #13 connected with #8, on a 72-yard bomb. # 13 does throw a nice ball and he deserved better than he got from his receivers in this one. #8 had drops of his own but this time he was able to show how dangerous he could be, when he was playing up to his own talent level.

Smith scored again when he jump into the end zone to avoid a would be tackler,at the 4:45 mark of the high scoring third quarter. The point after kick made this a 49-14 game. If possible the St. Marys offense looked better in this quarter than they did the first half. Weather it be from the Tigers defense be tired, or they had given up, I can't say, but that offense was playing at a level that most can't.

The Tigers would go for it again on 4th and 11 with 3:31 left but this time the St. Marys defense was up to the task. #24 of the Tigers was by Smith, who does everything for the home team. Smith made a big-time hit to force the fourth down. I am telling you even at 5-9 and a little over 200 pounds, this kid is A division one college talent.
With just 13.5 left in the quarter THE LICKING COUNTY PLAYER OF THE GAME, JAIDEN SMITH would go five-yards for another score and after the point after kick, this was a 56-19 game. Smith is a player I suggest everyone go watch play.

There was 10:03 left in the game, when Smith used three big stiff arms and a couple of others moves to pick up 59-yards.The score ballooned to 63-19 after Matt Eichhorn scored from 11-yards out and another point after kick.

The Tigers got one final big play, when #24 busted free for a 55-yard run, with 7:19 left.
Cyle West 5-0 / 144 would recover a Tigers fumble, with 1:20 left.

VERY UNOFFICIAL STATS

MARIETTA
73-PLAYS
377 YARDS
13-33 1 TD 1 INT

ST MARYS
52 PLAYS
506 YARDS
PASSING 3-6 2 TD'S

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: GAME REPORT:St Marys(W.Va) 63 Marietta 19