Game Report:Delphos Jefferson 54 Paint Valley 20

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Game Report:Delphos Jefferson 54 Paint Valley 20

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Delphos Jefferson 54 Paint Valley 20

Today was my first trip ever to Springfield Northwestern High School and my first time seeing Delphos Jefferson play.
Jefferson dresses just nine seniors and I believe only seven got into the game. They are a young team, that is only going to get better as the season goes on. Their opponent the Paint Valley Bearcats has just six seniors on their roster and I believe all six got into the game, to say they are young is a big understatement. I think they will be much better by the end of the season and in two years, if the group stays together, they should make a big playoff run.

As far as the game today, it was as one-sided as the score would lead you to believe.
Nobody would have thought this to be after one quarter of play and the score was locked at seven apiece, with neither team having a real advantage.

Just :56 into the game young Bryce Newland, the Bearcats quarterback threw a nice pass to his Sophomore classmate Cruz McFadden , that resulted in a 37-yard gain. McFadden had an step and a half on the Wildcats defender making the completion look very easy.
Newland would be sacked for a 10-yard loss by Troy Dudgeon, with 9:38 showing on the clock.The sack killed the promising looking drive, that netted 34-yards.

Brenen Auer the Wildcats running back would be hit for a short loss by, when Tyger Tesi and Lane Mettler teamed up for a nice play by the Bearcats defense.#14 Logan Hubert connected with Wildcats teammate Tyson Davion for a 15-yard gain, at the 8:09 mark of the quarter.
Then with 6:16 left #14 Logan Hubert hooked up with 5-6 Auer Brenen for another 15-yard gain, made possible because of one of several miss tackles the Bearcats defense had on the day. The drive fizzled out a short time later.

The Bearcats offense, who according to Paint Valley coach and a man I call friend had six turnovers in the first two games of the season, would have their first with 4:59 left in the first and this time it was as costly as it could be, because Davion recovered it for a Wildcats touchdown. The point after kick from Troy Dudeon made this a 7-0 game.

Paint Valley would get a 71-yard long bomb for a touchdown with 3:21 left in the quarter.Newland threw a beautiful ball to Caden Grubb, who had a step or two on the defender as he easily scored. The point after kick from JD Woodgeard out of the hold from Grubb ,was good to tie things up at seven.

6-5, 170 pound Tyler Bratton found a wide opened Auer for a gain of 72-yards. This play was the beginning of the end for the young Bearcats secondary, that at times looked lost and about three steps slower than any of the Wildcats receivers. Jefferson would fumble to ball in the end zone, with 8:59 left and coming up with it for the Bearcats was Grubb.

The Bearcats offense could do nothing with the ball and was forced to punt, with 8:39 left in the quarter. Newland, who looked like he was in slow motion as he tried to punt the ball away, had it blocked by,6-2, 210 pound Doug Long Jr. This would give the Wildcats a first and goal at the Bearcats 10-yard-line. I.M.O. this was a mistake that can be corrected by the Bearcats coaching staff and I am sure the young Sophomore will learn his lesson quickly, so that this will not happen again.

The Wildcats would score just 17 seconds after the block kick, when Auer plowed in from 2-yards out. The point after kick was no good, leaving this a 13-7 game, with the Wildcats leading.

With 2:23 left in the half Bratton was sacked by Tyger Tesi and Caden Johnson for a 4-yard loss.
The Wildcats would go up 19-7, after a Bratton 52-ayrd touchdown pass to Auer, who broke a tackle and easily outran the Bearcats defense to score. A two point conversion try failed.

With just eleven seconds left the Licking County Fan player of the game, Brenen Auer got wide opened, hauled in a Bratton pass and again out ran the Bearcats defense for a 36-yard touchdown. Darius Shurelds converted a two pint try to give the Wildcats a 27-7 lead.

In a span of 1:42 of the third quarter the two teams combined for four touchdowns, with the Wildcats scoring three of them and putting the game away.

Jefferson would get back to back kickoff returns for touchdowns,ad I do not believe either return man was touched.
The first return came from Auer, who made the Bearcats kickoff team look like they were lost and in super slow motion, with 11:47 left in the quarter. The 2nd return came with 10:44 left, when Kole McKee did his best Auer impression.

The Bearcats only score in this scoring boom came with 10:47 showing,when Newland connected on a 67-yard strike to Malique Davis.
Davis was wide opened as the Bearcats receivers had a easy time getting behind the Wildcats secondary a lot of the times. One big reason the Bearcats I.M.O. did not have a better day throwing the ball was due to the fact that the Wildcats line was a lot stronger than the Bearcats line and this led to crazy pressure on both of the quarterback the Bearcats used.

The third touchdown in this scoring barrage was on a pick six by the Wildcats Auer on a badly thrown ball by Newland. The pick six covered about 45-yards. The score at this point was 47-14 Wildcats, with 10:05 left in the quarter.

With 11:37 left in the game, Conner Anspach ran for a gain of 77-yards, giving the Wildcats a first and goal from the Bearcats one-yard-line. Bratton would take it in from there to make it a 53-14 lead, with the point after pending. The point after kick was good to make this a 54-14 game.

The final score of the game came on a 40-yard run by the Bearcats,Tesi. The point after kick by Freshman Loren Schorr made the final score 54-20.

VERY UNOFFICIAL STATS
JEFFERSON
39 PLAYS
330 YARDS
PASSING 6-10 2 TD'S

PAINT VALLEY
56 PLAYS
314 YARDS
PASSING 6-19 1 TD 1 INT
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Delphos Jefferson 54 Paint Valley 20

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Re: Game Report:Delphos Jefferson 54 Paint Valley 20

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

thnx for the read

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Thanks for reading.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

How was the young qb for the jeffcats, will they be able to win the nwc again or at least win the battle of 66 trophy game?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

The QB for Jefferson looked like he could spin the ball, if the pass plays were called.
Based on what I did see in the game, they should be able to play, with anyone in their league.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Ada and crestwiew will be tall orders but as long as the win week 10 I'll be happy

Return to “Football”