Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Carter
Riding the Bench

Re: WK4 (0-3) Northwest @ (1-2) Minford

Post by Carter »

Minford's young kids get some playing time and the Falcons win by eight TDs or more!

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

MINFORD running clock and all scores 50

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Minford gets back to even

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Just get out injury free.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Good game for Minford to get going. They need to get the ball rolling as they get into a tougher part of their schedule.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Minford needs to set a goal on defense, it needs to be about mentality and killer instinct. I say NO first downs for Northwest all night, ZERO and anything else is met with major consequences come monday at practice. Lets go Falcons, get it rockin! It's now or never at this point in the season with the upcoming schedule.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

They are looking better each week.

FTBLFAN
Waterboy

Post by FTBLFAN »

If Minford doesn't find more speed on offense and the line doesn't start improving, it is going to be a very long year. Coach, if you are going to block 7 with 5 you better throw short quick passes to kids that can catch because you will never get anywhere running the ball that way. Minford by 4 TD's.

falcons4life
Riding the Bench

Post by falcons4life »

FTBLFAN wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:04 am If Minford doesn't find more speed on offense and the line doesn't start improving, it is going to be a very long year. Coach, if you are going to block 7 with 5 you better throw short quick passes to kids that can catch because you will never get anywhere running the ball that way. Minford by 4 TD's.
You bring up a good point...Minford's offense is weak this year compared to past years. I had expected a better showing this far into the season, but
it just doesn't seem like we have the skilled players to execute the offense the way that is needed to put up points on the scoreboard. Hoping for continued improvement as we get closed to starting to play the SOC II schedule which will be very tough!

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

I believe that Minford wins this game BIG! Good luck to the Falcons!

FTBLFAN
Waterboy

Post by FTBLFAN »

falcons4life wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:18 pm
FTBLFAN wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:04 am If Minford doesn't find more speed on offense and the line doesn't start improving, it is going to be a very long year. Coach, if you are going to block 7 with 5 you better throw short quick passes to kids that can catch because you will never get anywhere running the ball that way. Minford by 4 TD's.
You bring up a good point...Minford's offense is weak this year compared to past years. I had expected a better showing this far into the season, but
it just doesn't seem like we have the skilled players to execute the offense the way that is needed to put up points on the scoreboard. Hoping for continued improvement as we get closed to starting to play the SOC II schedule which will be very tough!
The players are there! They are! But with this coach, if you are not family member to a coach or a senior you don't play a skilled position. And it will bite them in the butt next year when only one skilled player has any experience. Just glad my boy didn't play for this staff!

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

FTBLFAN wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:52 am [quote=falcons4life post_id=151475 time=<a href="tel:1505413100">1505413100</a> user_id=4352]
[quote=FTBLFAN post_id=151114 time=<a href="tel:1505282662">1505282662</a> user_id=4491]
If Minford doesn't find more speed on offense and the line doesn't start improving, it is going to be a very long year. Coach, if you are going to block 7 with 5 you better throw short quick passes to kids that can catch because you will never get anywhere running the ball that way. Minford by 4 TD's.
[/quote]

The players are there! They are! But with this coach, if you are not family member to a coach or a senior you don't play a skilled position. And it will bite them in the butt next year when only one skilled player has any experience. Just glad my boy didn't play for this staff!
[/quote]
please expand on this! They start 4 sophomores at any time that is a lot for a varsity team. And what senior or family memeber that doesn't deserve to be starting because they are not better. I would really like to know sounds like to me you're a little butt hurt!

FTBLFAN
Waterboy

Post by FTBLFAN »

Yep you got me, I'm butt hurt. I don't have a dog in this fight, just giving my opinion. I don't know the boys by name but When a coach tells boys you have to prove yourself before you get to play then starts two that haven't ever played a down of any kind JV or varsity and taken the last two years off, should tell you something. And it's not because they are that much better than the kids that have been playing. Just by doing that tells all anyone needs to know about this staff. If no changes made , 3-8 or at best 4-7.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

As I don't think many teams would be getting into the playoffs with that kinda record; so out of a 10-game season, how could they go 3-8 or 4-7?

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

FTBLFAN wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:28 am Yep you got me, I'm butt hurt. I don't have a dog in this fight, just giving my opinion. I don't know the boys by name but When a coach tells boys you have to prove yourself before you get to play then starts two that haven't ever played a down of any kind JV or varsity and taken the last two years off, should tell you something. And it's not because they are that much better than the kids that have been playing. Just by doing that tells all anyone needs to know about this staff. If no changes made , 3-8 or at best 4-7.
I know which 2 you are talking about and I highly doubt they didn't earn their starting roles. Just because they didn't play doesn't mean someone who isn't as good or is just too young to start over them if they are better they better plain and simple. This is the problem at minford parents not wanting their kid to compete. Look at wheelersburg you don't see their parents complaining. They tell their kid to go and earn it. It's high school football you don't earn a starting spot just by showing up.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

vladimir wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:50 am As I don't think many teams would be getting into the playoffs with that kinda record; so out of a 10-game season, how could they go 3-8 or 4-7?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Northwest(3) @ (33)Minford

Post by mattash »

Northwest(3) @ (33)Minford

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
FTBLFAN
Waterboy

Post by FTBLFAN »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:41 am
FTBLFAN wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:28 am Yep you got me, I'm butt hurt. I don't have a dog in this fight, just giving my opinion. I don't know the boys by name but When a coach tells boys you have to prove yourself before you get to play then starts two that haven't ever played a down of any kind JV or varsity and taken the last two years off, should tell you something. And it's not because they are that much better than the kids that have been playing. Just by doing that tells all anyone needs to know about this staff. If no changes made , 3-8 or at best 4-7.
I know which 2 you are talking about and I highly doubt they didn't earn their starting roles. Just because they didn't play doesn't mean someone who isn't as good or is just too young to start over them if they are better they better plain and simple. This is the problem at minford parents not wanting their kid to compete. Look at wheelersburg you don't see their parents complaining. They tell their kid to go and earn it. It's high school football you don't earn a starting spot just by showing up.
First off my boy graduated years ago, and second what you said just proved my point! Tell me the last kid at Wheelersburg that took two years off of football then stepped into starter role! MINFORD has kids not doing anything all summer then showing up first day of two a days and getting a starting spot because they are seniors or taking years off because of this or that then stepping in to starter roles, come on that's not earning anything! I'm not complaining, just stating what many many people are saying.

Return to “Football”