Coal Grove(43) @ (0)South Point

Footballrules
Waterboy

Re: WK4 OVC (2-1) Coal Grove @ (2-1) South Point

Post by Footballrules »

Say this game is gonna be closer than what it should be! Rumors are true on the changes! Starting qb playing rb, the starting rb is out, freshman took another spot, got a kid starting qb that shouldn't be starting, o line needs fixed on the weak side thx to coach starting 2 freshmen, that don't get their blocks, the strong side can't do everything! Jv's haven't had any playing time, coach has to remember that there are quite a few seniors graduating this year! Coach had support at beginning but is slowly fading! But that's what you get when you hire kids to do job with no head coaching experience and he bring buddies with no experience, head coach plays the kissing up game, name game, n worried about making certain parents upset, can't do that and be a head coach and win ballgames! Use your talent!

Skywalker
Waterboy

Post by Skywalker »

The Wayne Hornet coaching staff got welcomed to Ohio football last week. This isn't w.va. Where you play weak teams every week and win by 50 and even in the playoffs over there it's weak until you get to the championship game. Changes will look good against a weak team like south point, but when you play ironton ports and Peake and fairland we will see. Cg should be a playoff team this year if coaches don't blow it. But we will see where this program is in 2-3 years then we can talk. And Fntl, don't talk about docw's coach, he will get mad.

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

I agree this team has potential to be a playoff team and i am hopeful they can be. Remember CG is by far the smallest school in the OVC and what they accomplish yearly is fantastic. Let's remember they also have many new starters with all of the graduations last year. If you want to talk playoffs there is NO DOUBT the talent CG had the last 4 years should have been playoff teams but those coaches could not get it done. Let's give this staff support and allow them to figure out the team. They have not watched these kids since Jr. High and are likely still evaluating. We need to keep supporting and encouraging each player to give their best effort when called upon as it will help the team now and prepare them better for next year. Support is what is needed!

grovefanfrom94
Riding the Bench

Post by grovefanfrom94 »

I cant believe that these coaches our doing this. I can understand evaulating kids, but the kids the have moved are some of the best athletes on the team. Moving Harmon from QB is absolutely a mistake. I think Harmon will be a good running back, but with a little more time i believe he could be one of the most yalented QB's CG has had. Move Sites from TB is crazy. This kid has done nothing but play his guts out in every game ive seen. Very dangerous runner and receiver, this kid should be returning kicks and playing defense. What our the goofy coaches thinking. Final the York kid should be playing both ways along with Waulk. These moves our unbelievable. I really supported this coaching staff until know. Just unbelievable.

bhicks42
Freshman Team

Post by bhicks42 »

Imagine how much fun the boys would have if we didn't pretend we know football and complain about their coach. Didn't like Lucas, get rid of him! Didn't like Kidd, force him out! Uh oh, Ferguson lost one game, and now he's losing support? Get the heck out of here. Are you guys second guessing Belichicks decisions on 3rd and short too? Lol. Question: When we started to lose the game last week, did you feel bad for our boys that have worked their tails off all summer or did you start blaming the coach for decisions he's paid to make and you didn't agree with? Maybe you should think about that answer. Our seniors have had 3 coaches in 4 years. Wouldn't it be nice to see our program have a little stability?
Our offense looked pretty good for the first 9 quarters of the season didn't it?
Just relax and see what happens. We're not going 10-0 this year. We're also not going 2-8. The guys on the sidelines are not just "this young coaches buddies" and they don't have kids on the team. They've won state championships and played college ball. Raise your hand if you can say that. They've learned more about football than we have watching on Sundays, playing Madden and coaching little league.
Call your buddies and vent. Don't put it on here for our boys to read. That's garbage.
Go Hornets!

bcltcr
Riding the Bench

Post by bcltcr »

bhicks42 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:28 am Imagine how much fun the boys would have if we didn't pretend we know football and complain about their coach. Didn't like Lucas, get rid of him! Didn't like Kidd, force him out! Uh oh, Ferguson lost one game, and now he's losing support? Get the heck out of here. Are you guys second guessing Belichicks decisions on 3rd and short too? Lol. Question: When we started to lose the game last week, did you feel bad for our boys that have worked their tails off all summer or did you start blaming the coach for decisions he's paid to make and you didn't agree with? Maybe you should think about that answer. Our seniors have had 3 coaches in 4 years. Wouldn't it be nice to see our program have a little stability?
Our offense looked pretty good for the first 9 quarters of the season didn't it?
Just relax and see what happens. We're not going 10-0 this year. We're also not going 2-8. The guys on the sidelines are not just "this young coaches buddies" and they don't have kids on the team. They've won state championships and played college ball. Raise your hand if you can say that. They've learned more about football than we have watching on Sundays, playing Madden and coaching little league.
Call your buddies and vent. Don't put it on here for our boys to read. That's garbage.
Go Hornets!

Well said.

Hornets win big

SportFan08
Riding the Bench

Post by SportFan08 »

I am surprised no parents have went to the BOE since the board loves to keep drama going on that school district. All it takes is one upset parent to complain to get a coach fired at that district. SAD!

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Has anyone heard of "Building a Program"? Cmon people give the new coach a chance. He may be sacrificing one win this season for a rebuild that will sustain itself the next 5-10 years. All you can see is the now! The future to a new coach is the important thing. I do not have a dog in this fight, just an OVC supporter that wants to see all county teams do well. Changing coaches every 3 weeks does not work.

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

Well said Bhicks42.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

bhicks42 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:28 am Imagine how much fun the boys would have if we didn't pretend we know football and complain about their coach. Didn't like Lucas, get rid of him! Didn't like Kidd, force him out! Uh oh, Ferguson lost one game, and now he's losing support? Get the heck out of here. Are you guys second guessing Belichicks decisions on 3rd and short too? Lol. Question: When we started to lose the game last week, did you feel bad for our boys that have worked their tails off all summer or did you start blaming the coach for decisions he's paid to make and you didn't agree with? Maybe you should think about that answer. Our seniors have had 3 coaches in 4 years. Wouldn't it be nice to see our program have a little stability?
Go Hornets!
this is a top 3 post of all time on this site.....VERY well said!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck to both teams, should be a dandy.

grovefanfrom94
Riding the Bench

Post by grovefanfrom94 »

Just a follow uo to BHicks42. I wasnt bad mouthing the kids in anyway, All i was saying was i know the two kids involved have worked very hard to play these positions. Also i dont think its right to take away from a kid because of his size. And i agree with the fact these kids have had to endure coaching issues with diffent coaches. I dont agree with the moves, but im not the coach, but do not throw state championships up especially when it occured in West Virginia. Great accomplishment if it was in Ohio. Im done going to call my buddies and vent. Have a nice day.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Any word on the injured South Point quarterback? Hate seeing kids get hurt. Hope he gets better and is able to play again this year.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Coal Grove(43) @ (0)South Point

Post by mattash »

Coal Grove(43) @ (0)South Point

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

2trap_4ever wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:21 am Any word on the injured South Point quarterback? Hate seeing kids get hurt. Hope he gets better and is able to play again this year.
Out for weeks, may be back sooner but honestly we may have to forfeit. Cant risk getting younger kids hurt.

Return to “Football”