Post by TIGER#27 »

Tigers 26-24

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: WK4 (3-0) Waverly @ (1-2) Fairland

Post by smurray »

toast wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:00 am Fairland has played West, Burg and Ironton....ALL on the road. No one in southern Ohio has played three tougher games. They lost by 2 points to West which is 3-0, beat Ironton and hung around with Burg.

I think it's safe to say this is going to be Waverly's stiffest test yet. It's going to take a monster effort by the Tigers. Fairland will be sky high for their first home game and having just beaten Ironton.

Waverly's defense is making progress and playing hard. I wouldn't mind seeing the offense add a few new wrinkles to take some of the work load off Kritzy. We need to keep that boy healthy. We're going to have to be ready from the start. Go Tigers!
Tigers definitely need a couple new wrinkles on offense. Can't just keep handing the ball to Kritzy up the middle. Fullback carries, jet sweeps, something. Like to see is carries closer to 20-25 instead of the 30's. Defenses will start keying on it.

waverlytiger
Waterboy

Post by waverlytiger »

Gregory Jones will be impossible to stop in this one. 25-31, 378 yds passing last week. Shabazz Thomas is a great weapon for Waverly at reciever.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

smurray wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:32 am
toast wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:00 am Fairland has played West, Burg and Ironton....ALL on the road. No one in southern Ohio has played three tougher games. They lost by 2 points to West which is 3-0, beat Ironton and hung around with Burg.

I think it's safe to say this is going to be Waverly's stiffest test yet. It's going to take a monster effort by the Tigers. Fairland will be sky high for their first home game and having just beaten Ironton.

Waverly's defense is making progress and playing hard. I wouldn't mind seeing the offense add a few new wrinkles to take some of the work load off Kritzy. We need to keep that boy healthy. We're going to have to be ready from the start. Go Tigers!
Tigers definitely need a couple new wrinkles on offense. Can't just keep handing the ball to Kritzy up the middle. Fullback carries, jet sweeps, something. Like to see is carries closer to 20-25 instead of the 30's. Defenses will start keying on it.
I agree as well. Do they not have anyone else who can step in and take some carries to give Kritzy a break? I know Brooker was that guy preseason, but with him being out I feel like they need to find someone who can at least come in here and there to take some snaps. I know they have Thompson who could, but they don't seem to use him much. You have to believe that there is someone on that team who they could trust enough to take 5-10 carries a night.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

waverlytiger wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:48 am Gregory Jones will be impossible to stop in this one. 25-31, 378 yds passing last week. Shabazz Thomas is a great weapon for Waverly at reciever.
These posts are hilarious. Keep them up. You get tons of responses, so you have to! Great job

dragonalum
Riding the Bench

Post by dragonalum »

Omega wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:33 pm Has Fairland's facility been updated in the last 30 years? I saw the Tigers lose to the Dragons at Fairland's back in the late 1980's. The field was rough grass, the lights poor, and the stands looked run down. No knock on Fairland though as money is always scarce.
They have added aluminum bleachers on both the home and away sides.
The bond that would have built a new stadium and improved other athletic facilities was voted down.
The grass should be fine. This is the first home game the team has played, and the football boosters do a great job of taking care of the field in the off season.

dragonalum
Riding the Bench

Post by dragonalum »

osumufan wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:03 pm Wealthiest school in the county has the worst field, go figure!
Sorry we haven't been able to get our voters to approve a new, turfed field :roll:

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Rock Hill is probably the wealthiest with the power plant funding and funding they get from the National Park but that's a different story

Does the scoreboard at Fairland still flash all game like it used to??? Feel like it could ever stay on

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:51 am
smurray wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:32 am

I agree as well. Do they not have anyone else who can step in and take some carries to give Kritzy a break? I know Brooker was that guy preseason, but with him being out I feel like they need to find someone who can at least come in here and there to take some snaps. I know they have Thompson who could, but they don't seem to use him much. You have to believe that there is someone on that team who they could trust enough to take 5-10 carries a night.
I've heard next in line would be a freshman RB, seems like Waverly would want to take the opportunities when they have the lead to use whatever back is behind #11. Instead they're going to make that fatal mistake of feeding him the ball to much at times when it's not needed and they could find themselves in a tough spot should something happen. Best to find out what you have when you can instead of waiting until you're forced to find out what you have.

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

Kritzy is a senior one way player guys. He wants the ball as many times as he can get it. He wasn't happy with his 29 last week. Pick a different scab.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Bigdog wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:01 pm Kritzy is a senior one way player guys. He wants the ball as many times as he can get it. He wasn't happy with his 29 last week. Pick a different scab.
Is that really all you got from reading what people were saying about #11 and the usage?? Everyone knows he's a 1-way player, he's a back getting what 20-30 touches a game and goes what 175, have no idea just going off of when I've seen him. The issue people are getting at which I put out there for you and apparently you didn't grasp, is what happens if he goes down or he's rode into the ground and by week 7 he's lost a step?? You give him the ball 30 times a game and there's been times where Waverly was comfortably up enough to where they could break in someone behind him in a non pressure situation. Pick a different scab :roll: REALLY. LOL

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

This kid busted his ass all winter and has for 4 years to get his. He has goals. Reserves get their reps in JV games.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Bigdog wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:37 am This kid busted his ass all winter and has for 4 years to get his. He has goals. Reserves get their reps in JV games.
Everyone knows Kritzy is the guy and will be leaned on very heavily all season long. And you are right, he has waited his turn and now is his time to shine and he should continue to be fed. I don't think it's about getting reserve guys reps, I think where the concern is coming from is the potential for injury, especially when the game is already put away. Waverly can't afford to lose him. But I can see both sides, I can understand Kritzy wants his and wants to show everybody what he's got. Just don't want to see him go down or get wore down, when maybe it could be prevented.

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

In my opinion you play your players until it is running clock time. Waverly has not been there yet this year. I don't buy into wearing a kid down running plays that are part of your base offense. Never seen a good running back get tired of 100 yard plus games.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

My point was never about giving Kritzy a break or rest. He does not play defense on a regular basis so he shouldn't be tired. He can easily carry the ball 30 times and not be worn out. My point was about defenses starting to key on him. When he is lined up in the backfield all by himself guess who's getting the ball? My point was about adding a few wrinkles to keep the defense confused.
Two backs in the backfield and give it to the fullback a few times. Spread it out 5 wide - throw from it and run from it.
A lot better teams are coming up on the schedule and what has worked to get the Tigers to 3-0 in the SVC may not work at Nelsonville, Wheelersburg and West.
Kritzy has indeed worked his butt off and it's paying off. He is one of the best backs in the area. Would love to see him with 30 carries a game but also work in some stuff where the defense doesn't know if its going to him or someone else.
Last edited by smurray on Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

In other words, your really don't understand the one back Spread offense and think they should change it because the defense may put 7 in the box to stop Kritzy, when in fact that is what we want them to do! Ok I get it now.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Bigdog wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:16 pm In other words, your really don't understand the one back Spread offense and think they should change it because the defense may put 7 in the box to stop Kritzy, when in fact that is what we want them to do! Ok I get it now.
:o

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Looking at the schedule, it looks like Waverly is really entering a tough stretch of games starting Friday night. The next 4 out of 5 are away, and those 4 games are going to be ginormous tasks for these Tigers. Don't get me wrong, each week is important and no opponent should be overlooked, but these next few weeks will have huge implications on how this season ends.

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

Agree MON and we need to get better at what we do and play as fast and smart as possible, no time to be thinking about new wrinkles! If everyone does their job as best they can it comes down to execution!

Just want to be 1-0 every week!

https://www.facebook.com/WaverlyTigersF ... =3&theater

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Exactly. If the Tigers could put a full game together with both sides of the ball clicking on all cylinders for two halves of football, I think they can hang with anyone on the schedule. It seems like they are making strides toward that each week, which is promising, just hope they can get it going this Friday in Proctorville and ride that wave thru the meat of the schedule.

Return to “Football”