Ironton(0) @ (35)Ashland

Game day
All State

Re: WEEK 4 IRONTON @ ASHLAND, KY. YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by Game day »

I heard some of the kids were thrown out of the weight room this week from Ironton. I hope they can right this ship quickly over the next couple weeks.

ArntonFartinTiger
Riding the Bench

Post by ArntonFartinTiger »

Game day wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:00 pm I heard some of the kids were thrown out of the weight room this week from Ironton. I hope they can right this ship quickly over the next couple weeks.
oh comeon....they just boys being boys!! youns gets tored all up over nuthin!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

me too, I hadn't heard that. but there's likely gonna be a kersplosion of emotions before this season is over. they need to invite bob lutz to the locker room before the game and let him give the whole lot, coaches and players a come to Jesus talk we used to call them.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
uner the bus
Waterboy

Post by uner the bus »

I believe it was 1974, Ironton beat south point by 2 points at south point with one or two south point touchdowns called back. I think ironton went on to play in, if not win first state title. ironton refused to play south point for many years after that. from 1968 to 1978 south point was the county powerhouse. Hey bait, call you're uncle bob for details. he was coaching at south point. ask him how he came in at quarterback (from being a guard the previous season) for ironton in 1954, threw some td passes and beat Ashland for first time in several years, great story! It is also in the tribune archives. uncle bob and uncle carl are former ironton quarterbacks and coaches. long family history with ironton and the white family

uner the bus
Waterboy

Post by uner the bus »

oh, and by the way, rock hill has very good chance of beating ironton this year too.

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

Good luck tigers! I think if we lose this game there will be no playoffs, haven't looked at the bottom of the computer points yet, this game could be a great points game for us if we pull it out, GO TIGERS!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

You know what. I miss CG_Irontonfan. Whatever happened to him? Did he get lost walking to Burg McDonald's for that cup of McCafe coffee fro BG6? Where oh where is CG? I miss you buddy.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

P(irate) wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:43 am You know what. I miss CG_Irontonfan. Whatever happened to him? Did he get lost walking to Burg McDonald's for that cup of McCafe coffee fro BG6? Where oh where is CG? I miss you buddy.
Don't know about him but I'm pretty sure a few of the ironton posters that used to make some of the more outlandish comments are now posting under different names.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Good luck ironton tigers!!

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Walk down memory lane. Week 3 1979. Ironton (2-0) @ Washington C.H. We were without RB/CB Gabriel Lewis and DT Joe Hacker. Looking back, this game proved to be pivotal as to the success of the season. How many of you remember the outcome of this game?

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GOOD LUCK TO THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS TONIGHT AGAINST THE ASHLAND TOMCATS. WE PRETTY MUCH KNEW BURG WOULD BEAT US. WE REBOUNDED WITH A DOMINATING WIN OVER RUSSELL, KY.THEN LOST TO FAIRLAND IN THE LAST FEW SECONDS. SO THE MONKEY IS OFF OUR BACK, WE LOST AN OVC GAME, AND THE BURG OVERWHELMED US. BEAT RUSSELL SOUNDLY --- TIME TO REBOUND AND START BY PAYING BACK THE ASHLAND TOMCATS RIGHT IN THEIR OWN ''BIG LITTERBOX'' GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

ironton has 0 chance beating ashland not with this staff

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

osu 77 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:54 am Maybe Friday was a wake up call for the Tigers and the community.
maybe for the school board with all the empty seats showing...

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Good luck tigers seen these guys they have lots of speed, lots.

Uncle Creepy
Waterboy

Post by Uncle Creepy »

This will be an interesting game because rumor is going around that 3 starters for ironton are thinking about transferring out as soon as the season is over. 1 of them is planning a transfer to Ashland. I don't think it's a big deal, because that one in particular will not be that big of a loss. But the other two......WoW. Going to be interesting.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck Fighting Tigers...

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

The Tomcats will be celebrating the 50th anniversary of their '67 State Championship team. If they get up on the Tiger's, it's all over. Tigers need to score early to stay in this one.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GOOD LUCK FIGHTING TIGERS JUST GOT IN FROM CUTTING GRASS, GONNA SETTLE IN AND LISTEN TO THE TIGERS N TOMCATS AND TAKE ME A NICE HOT SHOWER AFTER THAT. LETS GET SOME REVENGE ON THEM TOMCATS TONIGHT.

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

I saw on Facebook that Ironton was readily cheated by Refs and Ashland 35-0 😎😁🕺

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

We all know what needs done, let's make the changes and move on, just as well about playoffs, no since getting the beat down by the burg again, start getting ready for next season

Return to “Football”