Ironton(0) @ (35)Ashland

Transparent
Waterboy

Re: WEEK 4 IRONTON @ ASHLAND, KY. YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by Transparent »

JTEK wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:34 am
Kleao wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:36 am
ELChapo wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:56 am

Ashland fumbled the ball when the score was 14-0 and Ironton recovered it with the side judge and the back official signalling Ironton. Head ref came in and reversed the call, which he got wrong

This game was not determined on that one play. The Tigers had many opportunities to make plays and didn't, you can't blame one call when you get blitzed 35-0.

And yes, I said I wasn't going to any more games after last week, but Putnam Stadium has the best hot dogs in the Tri-state and I sure as hell wasn't missing out on that.
You must have been at the concession stand getting a hot dog and missed all the other horrible calls!
Still kind of hard to blame officials when you get beat 35-0

Agreed. Not officials fault when you get handled on both sides of ball. All we're teaching our kids now is to shed blame, put it on the refs when something goes wrong...smh

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Transparent wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:53 am
JTEK wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:34 am
Kleao wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:36 am

You must have been at the concession stand getting a hot dog and missed all the other horrible calls!
Still kind of hard to blame officials when you get beat 35-0

Agreed. Not officials fault when you get handled on both sides of ball. All we're teaching our kids now is to shed blame, put it on the refs when something goes wrong...smh
I agree 100%!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

several people on facebook have asked me while a coach gets tossed in a game in another state. does that prohibit him coaching the next week in ohio. and though I don't know the definitive answer but I would think by all means think this applies, no matter where they were playing when he got ejected. I remember being in the stands when coach lutz gotted tossed at greenup county.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

85/86/87 , somewhere in that time frame.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it was 85, we were at greenup ky. and the musky---tears fell to the tigers 28-0.

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Who's going to be interim head coach next week? Probably be a good week. Just saw where they have South Point and where Coal Grove handled them pretty well.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

I would bring another coach outside this staff in and fire Vass today.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:52 am several people on facebook have asked me while a coach gets tossed in a game in another state. does that prohibit him coaching the next week in ohio. and though I don't know the definitive answer but I would think by all means think this applies, no matter where they were playing when he got ejected. I remember being in the stands when coach lutz gotted tossed at greenup county.
I would not worry about that right now he would gone today and I would hire a head coach outside the current staff. Enough is enough!

tigerfan83
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan83 »

I listen to the game on the radio last night every time Ironton would get a Drive started a penalty flag would come out the best no call the game was when Ashland had the ball into the past catch fumble and gave back to Ashland that was the play of the game right there Homer's took over the announcers were going off on the officials I thought that would have been a riot

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

coach knows wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:35 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:52 am several people on facebook have asked me while a coach gets tossed in a game in another state. does that prohibit him coaching the next week in ohio. and though I don't know the definitive answer but I would think by all means think this applies, no matter where they were playing when he got ejected. I remember being in the stands when coach lutz gotted tossed at greenup county.
I would not worry about that right now he would gone today and I would hire a head coach outside the current staff. Enough is enough!
Well you are not in control of that. As the contract for supplemental contracts must be followed. You can not just fire and bring in coaches when ever you want. Even though this is the main objective of to many even before the season. Which is more important than actually winning games to a lot of people in the Ironton area. Not many coaches would want to go into Ironton with all the off field crap. To many people think it is more like a
video game. Just sit back and plug in to win. Which leds to team work to prepare for game and the game. The reality is many Ironton fans help to keep this team down. As history lesson here is the future to many are damaging. When it becomes about football not throwing baby fits where it is about the coach more than the team. As in the movie that Bait really likes. When the Game Stands Tall.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Many ironton fans think this team has way more talent than they actually do. I have seen it on here and all over Facebook about all the talent this team has and it just isn't the case. This team talent wise is not a 8-2, 7-3 team.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

If you have fans and/or parents airing dirty laundry on social media you have problem.

Nothing worse than drama creation by those not playing or really even understanding the situation. Be quiet.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

farmer wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:32 pm
Well you are not in control of that. As the contract for supplemental contracts must be followed. You can not just fire and bring in coaches when ever you want. Even though this is the main objective of to many even before the season. Which is more important than actually winning games to a lot of people in the Ironton area. Not many coaches would want to go into Ironton with all the off field crap. To many people think it is more like a
video game. Just sit back and plug in to win. Which leds to team work to prepare for game and the game. The reality is many Ironton fans help to keep this team down. As history lesson here is the future to many are damaging. When it becomes about football not throwing baby fits where it is about the coach more than the team. As in the movie that Bait really likes. When the Game Stands Tall.
Really I cannot agree less. This staff has under achieved for the last four years. Can you name a game that it could be a coin flip which team wins and Ironton came out on top? In the last 3 games with Ashland we have scored 3 points. I rest my case.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:53 pm If you have fans and/or parents airing dirty laundry on social media you have problem.

Nothing worse than drama creation by those not playing or really even understanding the situation. Be quiet.
Social media is what killing Rock Hill and will continue to do so

You can't handle the truth
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

gametime wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:17 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:53 pm If you have fans and/or parents airing dirty laundry on social media you have problem.

Social media is what killing Rock Hill and will continue to do so
People read it, share it, talk in front of their kids (players) about it to friends and colleagues.

Kids then are required to deal with it.

Cancer starts, spreads, kills the program.

Good programs don't deal with it, generally they are successful.

If you aren't part of the solution you are part of the problem. The solution is just be quiet and be supportive in front of your kids no matter how much you disagree with the situation. Just my opinion.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Game day wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:14 pm
farmer wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:32 pm

Really I cannot agree less. This staff has under achieved for the last four years. Can you name a game that it could be a coin flip which team wins and Ironton came out on top? In the last 3 games with Ashland we have scored 3 points. I rest my case.

Getting Older
Riding the Bench

Post by Getting Older »

It will be very difficult to replace the head coach and the entire staff. There are no teaching positions that I know of that would lure someone into Ironton to take over the program plus finding an entire new staff which is what I would think a new coach would want to do. The new coach that Ironton gets if it does come to that should have no ties to anyone here as well as his staff. Ironton needs a clean start with a coach that and staff that isn't living in the past. All Ironton fans need to quit living in the past because living in the past will definitely get you past by.look forward and move forward

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Enjoy watching When the Game Stands Tall. As you continue to help tear down the program.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

I think SEOPS should have a forum called
Ask Wheelersburg posters
We pretty much have that now. Oh how they forget their issues after Miller left. One things for sure we can all rely on them telling us how it is. Hell they bring up Irontons past more than Ironton does,you guys are so full of yourselves lol

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

12gauge wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:43 pm I think SEOPS should have a forum called
Ask Wheelersburg posters
We pretty much have that now. Oh how they forget their issues after Miller left. One things for sure we can all rely on them telling us how it is. Hell they bring up Irontons past more than Ironton does,you guys are so full of yourselves lol
Take notes. There is a reason wheelersburg is dominat..in every sport... and in the classroom.

Return to “Football”