Bishop Watterson(17) @ (47)Wheelersburg

countywide35
SEOP

Re: WK4 Columbus Bishop Watterson 1-2 @ Wheelersburg 3-0

Post by countywide35 »

let tha burg be tha burg so we can setup a post of (4-0) Wheelersburg @ (4-0) Jackson so we can start on with the "showdown in J-Town"!!!!!!!!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:31 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:01 am
sapientia et veritas wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:10 pm
Well guys, here it is Saturday afternoon. We've got to prep for next week's big game against this team - The Burg, whatever that is.

First order of business... Hey, Freshman Coach with no team, did you get the game films? Let's fire them up and do a quick run thru.

No wait. I just thought of something. Let's check the map first...

Well, what do you know. This Burg team is a Southern Ohio team. Game over. I had them mixed up with Gibsonburg, I guess. Throw away the game tapes, and let's go back to Panera for more lattes and pecan rolls. We've got this one in the bag already. Team dismissed - everybody do double Madden this week and we'll see you on the Podunk Express at 2:00 PM sharp on Friday. And remember, no girlfriends on Thursday.

I just love how you take 1 sentence out of the entirety of an enourmous post and try to make me look like a heel. I think folks might be onto ya sapi. when in fact my whole post was being supportive of the burg. I bet your family wouldn't let you play in the sandbox when you were a young'un cause the cats kept covering you up.------------------- if you think fer a minute these private northern schools don't look down on us as football competition, then I probably got underwear older than you. the only way to shut them up and earn their respect is to kick em right in the chops n beat em.------------- that one is free on ole bait.

woah..... was that a racist dig? Uncalled for.
no, nothing racist because I like cats. but prefer big ole dogs like my English mastiff.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

P(irate) wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:29 am
Tartanblue wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:54 pm This week and Jackson are going to be the only challenges for the pirates until playoffs.
West is looking pretty good.
They are as well as Waverly, but I think Burg is on another level than the rest of the SOC teams this year

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:43 amOf course they look down on you: when you look at a map of Ohio, Ironton is south of Columbus.
Hartley doesn't look down on Ironton as much as Columbus Academy does. First of all because we're not in the same division and don't have a reason to compare. Academy is R19. Also because Hartley is only 750 feet above sea level. Academy is 950. Academy looks down at Ironton from a 400 foot higher vantage point.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's 2 minutes i'll never get back reading that, lol
anyway I'm outta hear I want chilli to beat bishop Hartley, and the burg to beat Watterson. just because they are 2 of the best teams that can be assembled.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
falcons4life
Riding the Bench

Post by falcons4life »

Best of luck to our friends in da Burg for a great game tomorrow night! I would expect that if the Pirates execute as they have done so far this year that they will come away with a convincing victory.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:15 pmjust because they are 2 of the best teams that can be assembled.
Like that 1972 reigning state championship Bishop Wehrle baseball team that didn't give us any respect and was popping the champagne at the end of six before we gave them what for. You guys are living in the past and denying reality. How many people "lived" in town for the chance to play in The Tank for Bob Lutz? This whole we get no respect thing is just dumb. The northern privates didn't merely respect ye old Tigers. We feared you. No one wanted to go down there and play. On the Hartley sideline of week 13 in 2010, you'd have thought we just won the super bowl. Ironton was a team that could knock off DeSales. And D1 teams like Pick North in that blowout. That the little school on the east side could compete with a state power like Ironton and beat them was beyond belief. So whatever lack of respect you feel now has nothing to do with geography. It's strictly about scoreboard. You guys just aren't any good any more. You've got no reason to look north. Most of the disrespect directed at southern ohio teams comes from other southern ohio teams. At the regional championship in Nelsonville in 2013, I sat in front of three Minford guys cheering for Hartley. They had no idea who we were. When I said our first name was Bishop, they didn't believe it until they saw the logo. And they said that the Burg was as "assembled" as we might be. Ya'll ought to consider whether your inferiority complex is contributing to your failures. You say it enough and maybe the kids start to believe that there's a good reason why those durn northern privates don't respect us. There is no one in the Watterson or Hartley football programs looking down on Wheelersburg or Chillicothe.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you funny.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:58 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:15 pmjust because they are 2 of the best teams that can be assembled.
Like that 1972 reigning state championship Bishop Wehrle baseball team that didn't give us any respect and was popping the champagne at the end of six before we gave them what for. You guys are living in the past and denying reality. How many people "lived" in town for the chance to play in The Tank for Bob Lutz? This whole we get no respect thing is just dumb. The northern privates didn't merely respect ye old Tigers. We feared you. No one wanted to go down there and play. On the Hartley sideline of week 13 in 2010, you'd have thought we just won the super bowl. Ironton was a team that could knock off DeSales. And D1 teams like Pick North in that blowout. That the little school on the east side could compete with a state power like Ironton and beat them was beyond belief. So whatever lack of respect you feel now has nothing to do with geography. It's strictly about scoreboard. You guys just aren't any good any more. You've got no reason to look north. Most of the disrespect directed at southern ohio teams comes from other southern ohio teams. At the regional championship in Nelsonville in 2013, I sat in front of three Minford guys cheering for Hartley. They had no idea who we were. When I said our first name was Bishop, they didn't believe it until they saw the logo. And they said that the Burg was as "assembled" as we might be. Ya'll ought to consider whether your inferiority complex is contributing to your failures. You say it enough and maybe the kids start to believe that there's a good reason why those durn northern privates don't respect us. There is no one in the Watterson or Hartley football programs looking down on Wheelersburg or Chillicothe.
Well put brother. Just like 2014 when burg and Hartley went to overtime at Chillicothe. Not many people outside of wheelersburg in southern Ohio thought we had a chance. I never once heard anyone from the Columbus area doubting burgs chances! It was one of the best football games I've ever seen! I don't think bishop watterson is over looking burg because they are a d5 school from the south.. on the other hand I think they have respect for us. Just like Hartley respects chilli.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:06 pm you funny.
Bait, you are stuck in the past. Ironton use to be great! Now the players don't even respect the coaches... why should other teams fear/respect that program.?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:00 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:43 amOf course they look down on you: when you look at a map of Ohio, Ironton is south of Columbus.
Hartley doesn't look down on Ironton as much as Columbus Academy does. First of all because we're not in the same division and don't have a reason to compare. Academy is R19. Also because Hartley is only 750 feet above sea level. Academy is 950. Academy looks down at Ironton from a 400 foot higher vantage point.
Your sarcasm sir, is flawless. :lol:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:58 pm
Keep it coming bud. darn good post again.

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

By this time tomorrow night, the parking lot will be getting full and the tailgaters will be on about Hour 2. Radar will have the smell of his lighter fluid burgers streaming down Pirate Drive. The music will be pumping and The Burg Squad will be ready to play like never before. After watching the Heath Game last night on Spectrum TV reruns for the 5th time this week, makes me even more excited for the game. BIG TEST in BW. Going to be a great game close game I believe...

GO BURG!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Hoping that burgfan.com can score a halftime interview with Urban lol

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Saw on the basketball topic Tanner Holden subject that Urban Meyer may be in attendance at the Burg game as his son plays for Watterson. Any truth to this? Would be great if it happened.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

79Tiger wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:35 pm Saw on the basketball topic Tanner Holden subject that Urban Meyer may be in attendance at the Burg game as his son plays for Watterson. Any truth to this? Would be great if it happened.
there is speculation that him and shelly will be there

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Hope it happens. It would add to what should already be one heck of a game. Go Burg!

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

What number is his son? Is he any good?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

79Tiger wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:11 pm Hope it happens. It would add to what should already be one heck of a game. Go Burg!
I heard he may be able to sign some autographs and perhaps interview with one of the local stations. Word is he's interested in some local talent down here but I haven't heard who.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

8332 Granite St wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:18 pm What number is his son? Is he any good?
his name is nate and his number is 15. he's their wr/fs. he is also a stand out on their baseball team and a commit to uc

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best

Return to “Football”