Bishop Watterson(17) @ (47)Wheelersburg

BigChuck
JV Team

Re: WK4 Columbus Bishop Watterson 1-2 @ Wheelersburg 3-0

Post by BigChuck »

This will be a good game for us. I believe we win, but I also think that BW is a much better team than their record indicates. We will for sure see better athletes (overall number on a team) than we have seen in the first 3 games. I'm calling 24-17 Burg.....

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

this is wattersons schedule. though they have had 2 losses , it's against a div. 2 and a d1 team. wheelersburg is by far the smallest team they play. and with school's on the horizon like cleveland Benedictine,columbus bishop Hartley, hilliard Bradley, Columbus saint Charles, Dublin Jerome, and Columbus saint francis desales. they play beastly teams every week. actually the Watterson team is likely looking at this game as a get well week. as a week to heal up, get well, and beat a southern ohio team that they look down upon. ----------------------------------------------------- that is the general concensus of the thinking of the northern teams and coaches. but ole bait thinks this is a game that burg CAN WIN, but it's gonna be a tall task indeed. personally I think burg takes one on the chin here, that won't affect their playoff chances a bit. I'd like to see them win this, I really would. but I have my doubts, I'd love to be wrong here. ------------------ I'd love to see a southern ohio team go there and kick their rear. I think burg has to get the pipe dreams out of their head about scoring so quickly they anticipate a running clock on the eagles. and concentrate on playing smart, and innovative to possibly beat Watterson, and win the turnover battle. it's impressive the burg kicked a 43 yarder in the rain. if burg can stay close that may win a game for them in a pinch.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it's impairative that burg keeps it close to win this game, win the turnover battle and play sound fundamental football. because a d3 Watterson team with their impressive past will be pulling out all stops to keep from taking it on the chin to a d5 team from the south. that would be hard for them to live with. it makes me miss the schedules and road trips that ironton used to play in the past. leaving the stadium after a big win is a high I want you all to feel.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

Appreciate the support Ole Bait! Big task but I think Burg it up to it!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:46 am this is wattersons schedule. though they have had 2 losses , it's against a div. 2 and a d1 team. wheelersburg is by far the smallest team they play. and with school's on the horizon like cleveland Benedictine,columbus bishop Hartley, hilliard Bradley, Columbus saint Charles, Dublin Jerome, and Columbus saint francis desales. they play beastly teams every week. actually the Watterson team is likely looking at this game as a get well week. as a week to heal up, get well, and beat a southern ohio team that they look down upon. ----------------------------------------------------- that is the general concensus of the thinking of the northern teams and coaches. but ole bait thinks this is a game that burg CAN WIN, but it's gonna be a tall task indeed. personally I think burg takes one on the chin here, that won't affect their playoff chances a bit. I'd like to see them win this, I really would. but I have my doubts, I'd love to be wrong here. ------------------ I'd love to see a southern ohio team go there and kick their rear. I think burg has to get the pipe dreams out of their head about scoring so quickly they anticipate a running clock on the eagles. and concentrate on playing smart, and innovative to possibly beat Watterson, and win the turnover battle. it's impressive the burg kicked a 43 yarder in the rain. if burg can stay close that may win a game for them in a pinch.
I hope watterson is looking at this as a "get well" pushover game.. burg scheduled this game knowing it is a tall task..... I don't see any burg fans calling for a running clock. Stop babbling so much on here just to get your post count up.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

knightruner wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:38 pm The Burg has played three games of nobodies and this week isn't much more.. running clock again...
I'm still looking.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:13 pm
sapientia et veritas wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:05 pm Watterson has a stout defense. It's always good - even though their offense is generally bad. Teams that are used to scoring at will can be easily frustrated by them. It's going to be the best defense they see all season - even better than the Ironmen the following week. This is a good regular season OOC opponent for them. It will help them prepare for the Academy team that they'll be seeing in the playoffs. Don't take them lightly. A really good Hamilton Township team did that in the playoffs in 2015 and got punched hard in the mouth.
No one will take them lightly, far from it, but Burg isn't your ordinary SE Ohio opponent.

And yeah HT may have got pumched in the mouth in 2015, but another SE Ohio team punched Watterson in the mouth the following week as I recall.

Would really like to send both Catholic all-star teams traveling to SE Ohio back to Columbus next Friday with losses. Think Burg and Chilli have an opportunity to do so.
And the Burg does not have players from other school! Really

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

fbnut wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:27 am
The Oaf wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:08 pm
knightruner wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:38 pm The Burg has played three games of nobodies and this week isn't much more.. running clock again...
Beyond laughable.....
Watterson would be a top 10 caliber D5 school

still looking.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:58 am
"Bishop Watterson? Never heard of 'em."

hold my sweet tea, I'm only to page 2.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Prime Time wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:27 pm Personally I think since Watterson is going to have running clock put on them and burg has all but beat them 30 some. I think Burg ought to start scheduling Div 2 or 1 schools just for it to be a game. Lol I told everyone a few weeks back of there thinking . Maybe Watterspn will save there starters for next week and no one will get hurt. Just a thought here.

hang on a spell, be right back.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

24sevenfootball wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:30 pm Watterson is bad, any team around would beat them probably
these may not be burg posters I have no idea, but it's on the topic.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:30 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:09 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:05 pm

Raider is probably right, not certain Jackson has much this year.

In league play this might very well come down to a Week 10 showdown with West.
Abe, have you seen the ironmen. They seem to be dominant...
My guess is BW will be very similar to Week 5 (since we are only allowed to go one week at a time lol).

We will be more athletic and explosive, they will be bigger and not as athletic and wanna pound the rock and eat up clock. At least that is what the video link above looks like to me, even though it shows passing, my guess that is a few highlights in between a lot of run plays.

Avoid turnovers or giving them cheap points and we should be ok this week.
almost done.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BurgGrad6 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:15 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:46 am this is wattersons schedule. though they have had 2 losses , it's against a div. 2 and a d1 team. wheelersburg is by far the smallest team they play. and with school's on the horizon like cleveland Benedictine,columbus bishop Hartley, hilliard Bradley, Columbus saint Charles, Dublin Jerome, and Columbus saint francis desales. they play beastly teams every week. actually the Watterson team is likely looking at this game as a get well week. as a week to heal up, get well, and beat a southern ohio team that they look down upon. ----------------------------------------------------- that is the general concensus of the thinking of the northern teams and coaches. but ole bait thinks this is a game that burg CAN WIN, but it's gonna be a tall task indeed. personally I think burg takes one on the chin here, that won't affect their playoff chances a bit. I'd like to see them win this, I really would. but I have my doubts, I'd love to be wrong here. ------------------ I'd love to see a southern ohio team go there and kick their rear. I think burg has to get the pipe dreams out of their head about scoring so quickly they anticipate a running clock on the eagles. and concentrate on playing smart, and innovative to possibly beat Watterson, and win the turnover battle. it's impressive the burg kicked a 43 yarder in the rain. if burg can stay close that may win a game for them in a pinch.
I hope watterson is looking at this as a "get well" pushover game.. burg scheduled this game knowing it is a tall task..... I don't see any burg fans calling for a running clock. Stop babbling so much on here just to get your post count up.

hey ace you take 2 words out of my entire comment and off you run with it. go walk yer granny's chee --- wawas. how much more supportive can a poster be from what ya'll see as the enemy. and I'm about as worried about my post total as whether president trump's hair is real er not.----------------------------------- you guys cain't even take a compliment. I think this is a game burg can win, but they'll have to play a completely perfect game likely to do so. let's quit acting like a ding dong and read what is actually written in print. I hope you guys win, plain n simple. I predict the burg loses this one. but hope they don't. -------------------------------- you guys come on the ironton threads and ride and beat on the tigers like a rented mule. and get offended by a guy that has watched teams like Watterson for years and get offended by somebody rooting for you. I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but that makes lil sense to me. and if you get butt hurted by a tiger fan rooting for you, then quit taking over ironton topics and and calling the tigers anything but a poor pee wee team.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

there are burg posters here I'd love to meet sometime, seem like really good people I got to meet doggie, he seemed like a great guy. and there are others I pm with and enjoy, then some of ya'll are a lil aloof to say the least.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

PirateBB wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:55 pm Appreciate the support Ole Bait! Big task but I think Burg it up to it!
thank you, really hope you all pull this one out. it's gonna be a points bonanza for somebody. especially if Watterson wins a few certain games if you all top them.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:15 pm
yeaaaa you clearly haven't read much of this thread mmmhmmmmmm (Ladies man voice)

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

I'm calling for close to a running clock. (Mans voice) I ain't skeerret

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

on the contrary cav, I've read every post. and as a tiger I'm ashamed of the fact I've spent as much time on the burg game topics as I have ironton's game. so that don't compute in the only voice I got. and if you are callin bait a ladies man, I couldn't be more happier,i have been blessed to have been married to the lovely mrs. bait fer nearly 31 years. so you may be onto something. ------------------------------------- whew I gotta go fluff some laundry and pick dead flowers and scrub a dirty terlet. happy wife, happy life.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:20 pm on the contrary cav, I've read every post. and as a tiger I'm ashamed of the fact I've spent as much time on the burg game topics as I have ironton's game. so that don't compute in the only voice I got. and if you are callin bait a ladies man, I couldn't be more happier,i have been blessed to have been married to the lovely mrs. bait fer nearly 31 years. so you may be onto something. ------------------------------------- whew I gotta go fluff some laundry and pick dead flowers and scrub a dirty terlet. happy wife, happy life.
no i was backing you up.
ladies man, SNL?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Go Burg

Return to “Football”