WK4 Warren 6 Fort Frye 50 Final

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK4 Warren 6 Fort Frye 50 Final

Post by EasternDspy »

Heck of a game for all the Cadets. Fort Frye rushed for over 300 yards in the first half. Tyler Bradford scored 3 Tds 1 Rush, 1 Rec, 1 pick 6!

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:07 pm
efarns wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:00 pm It was 50-0 at the half, and you want to focus on Warren scoring meaningless TD? Let the kids have some fun.
Could of been 80-0 Fort let off the pedal. Just think you got see bigger picture when building a program. Warren scoring a long Td on Fort Fryes back up JV players is just kinda sad.
I know you mentioned a few names of upperclassmen, but a significant number of Warren kids are 14 year old freshmen who are in way over their heads at the varsity level. So when FF goes to its bench with JV players, those kids are really getting the reasonable competition that they need. I would say it wasn't as much for the older kids who played the skill positions, but for some of those lineman and such that have been taking a whipping because they got thrown in the fire too soon out of necessity to have something positive to take forward. So yeah, it is sad, but that IS the big picture that you have no idea about.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

enigmaax wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:27 am
efarns wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:00 pm It was 50-0 at the half, and you want to focus on Warren scoring meaningless TD? Let the kids have some fun.
Could of been 80-0 Fort let off the pedal. Just think you got see bigger picture when building a program. Warren scoring a long Td on Fort Fryes back up JV players is just kinda sad.
I know you mentioned a few names of upperclassmen, but a significant number of Warren kids are 14 year old freshmen who are in way over their heads at the varsity level. So when FF goes to its bench with JV players, those kids are really getting the reasonable competition that they need. I would say it wasn't as much for the older kids who played the skill positions, but for some of those lineman and such that have been taking a whipping because they got thrown in the fire too soon out of necessity to have something positive to take forward. So yeah, it is sad, but that IS the big picture that you have no idea about.

What ? Why start a young Qb bench him bring him back in and bench him again? How is that working his development?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:56 am
enigmaax wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:27 am

What ? Why start a young Qb bench him bring him back in and bench him again? How is that working his development?
Also Schaffer and Hill have been mostly all Warrens offense all year. One is a Jr the other a Sr how is that making the whole team better by letting them get a cheap late td? In way maybe it gives the kids something to build on and something positive to build on for next week. I say you let the young pups take the lumps and by the time they get the reps and the experience they'll be ready.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Warren 21 rushes for -2 yards.
3 of 10 passing 95 yards 3 Ints
Schaffer 1 for 61 Td

Fort Frye 47 for 300

Tyler Fisher 9-147 2tds
Evan Schob 12- 55
Tyler Bradford 4-29
Timmy Pritchard 5 - 34
Jonny Garvin 6-29

Tate 5-9 Passing 86 yards 2 Tds

Warren 5 Turnovers 3 Ints

Curious
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious »

Right now at Warren, the numbers out for football are, and have been suffering. Now a group of young freshmen, that have had some success at the junior high level, stayed together, show some promise, have some size, some talent and are perhaps the class that begins the turn around, (with better coaching) are being thrown to the wolves on Friday nights for the 40-7, 50-0, 42-7 HALFTIME beat downs. These kids are not impacting the scoreboard. The only thing that is being impacted, is these young men's desire to continue. Berated during the week, play zero freshmen games, and play a minimal JV schedule because they are wanted on the varsity practice field for an unrealistic scout team. All of this equals zero fun. Some have already stated they have had enough. I do not believe these young men are becoming better football players. I do not believe they are gaining self esteem. The theory of adversity making you stronger does not always apply to 13,14,15 year old young men playing the game of football for a program that has no self esteem. Leave these young kids alone, let them play in their own age group, let them be competitive. You are asking these kids to take over for starters from last season that did not want to return because of the way they were treated and zero fun. There is a pattern here. This years roster (all four grade levels) had only six students that were on the roster 2 years ago.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

From last year I thought Warren would be making a better showing.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Just don't believe you can expect any young Qb to succeed when you and dangling them like a yoyo.

Curious
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious »

A lot has changed from last year, four starters from last year did not want to return, another was ineligible, and four coaches did not want to return.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye went through a rough stretch 02-07.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Curious wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:33 am Right now at Warren, the numbers out for football are, and have been suffering. Now a group of young freshmen, that have had some success at the junior high level, stayed together, show some promise, have some size, some talent and are perhaps the class that begins the turn around, (with better coaching) are being thrown to the wolves on Friday nights for the 40-7, 50-0, 42-7 HALFTIME beat downs. These kids are not impacting the scoreboard. The only thing that is being impacted, is these young men's desire to continue. Berated during the week, play zero freshmen games, and play a minimal JV schedule because they are wanted on the varsity practice field for an unrealistic scout team. All of this equals zero fun. Some have already stated they have had enough. I do not believe these young men are becoming better football players. I do not believe they are gaining self esteem. The theory of adversity making you stronger does not always apply to 13,14,15 year old young men playing the game of football for a program that has no self esteem. Leave these young kids alone, let them play in their own age group, let them be competitive. You are asking these kids to take over for starters from last season that did not want to return because of the way they were treated and zero fun. There is a pattern here. This years roster (all four grade levels) had only six students that were on the roster 2 years ago.
This. For someone to say, "let them take lumps..." ... what the $&@? do you think theyve done for the last four weeks? That's why, a "meaningless" TD at the end of the game doesn't mean a thing to FF (so really, stop complaining about it), but is a small gasp at some redemption - a big deal - for the Warren kids. There is just so much more to it than what can really even be described that I wish the topic hadn't even come up here.

There is a threshold on how playing better competition makes you better; when that threshold is surpassed, having really zero chance at success just kills your spirit. It is difficult to know what some of those kids are going through right now, let alone have some random nut complaining about the one small sliver of a bright spot that they were able to muster.

Curious
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious »

You pegged my post, but you talked about someone else's. Do you even know who you are mad at? Maybe you would call a time out on 4th and 14, from your own 32 with 17 seconds left, down 42-0 first half so you could throw a pick six and go in down 50-0.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

It's possible to turn this situation around and build from the ashes. I think people are not getting what I'm trying to say so I'll just stop.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Curious wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:41 pm You pegged my post, but you talked about someone else's. Do you even know who you are mad at? Maybe you would call a time out on 4th and 14, from your own 32 with 17 seconds left, down 42-0 first half so you could throw a pick six and go in down 50-0.
When someone says "This." when quoting a post on a message board, it means it is in agreement. So, I liked what you said and offered my additional comments in support of that. So for sarcastic questions, here's one back, have you ever been on a message board before?

Whsalum
Waterboy

Post by Whsalum »

Curious wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:33 am Right now at Warren, the numbers out for football are, and have been suffering. Now a group of young freshmen, that have had some success at the junior high level, stayed together, show some promise, have some size, some talent and are perhaps the class that begins the turn around, (with better coaching) are being thrown to the wolves on Friday nights for the 40-7, 50-0, 42-7 HALFTIME beat downs. These kids are not impacting the scoreboard. The only thing that is being impacted, is these young men's desire to continue. Berated during the week, play zero freshmen games, and play a minimal JV schedule because they are wanted on the varsity practice field for an unrealistic scout team. All of this equals zero fun. Some have already stated they have had enough. I do not believe these young men are becoming better football players. I do not believe they are gaining self esteem. The theory of adversity making you stronger does not always apply to 13,14,15 year old young men playing the game of football for a program that has no self esteem. Leave these young kids alone, let them play in their own age group, let them be competitive. You are asking these kids to take over for starters from last season that did not want to return because of the way they were treated and zero fun. There is a pattern here. This years roster (all four grade levels) had only six students that were on the roster 2 years ago.
Bingo!

Curious
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious »

My apology for the sarcastic question. I was confused by the your post because I do not spend a lot of time on message boards. It is a struggle for me to hand crank my model T and drive to the library to get online.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Curious wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:39 am My apology for the sarcastic question. I was confused by the your post because I do not spend a lot of time on message boards. It is a struggle for me to hand crank my model T and drive to the library to get online.
Lol. That means "laugh out loud," which I typed because your joke about the model T is funny. Let me know if you need any other internet tips. In the meantime, hopefully Warren gets some things sorted out before this young crew gives up on the whole thing.

Return to “Football”