Fairland(27) @ (21)Ironton

inOVCsider
Riding the Bench

Re: WK3 (0-2) Fairland @ (1-1) Ironton

Post by inOVCsider »

Congrats to Fairland on a nice win. Fairland out played and out coached Ironton. Vass has learned a valuable lesson, never be the coach to follow the legend. I don't think Ironton's fall is 100% coaching but I finally concede it might be time for a change. If nothing else to inject some energy in the program.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Transparent wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:46 pm Farmer really takes up for the coaching staff. Hmmm sounds like a woman that stands behind her man???
So coaches aren't responsible for wins and losses, wow. So your saying Urban Meyer and Nick Saban aren't good coaches. Wow groundbreaking news just lucky to get good players I guess, just lucky to be in the right place at the right extended period of time. Give me a break.
You are wrong. Just that because a team loses a game not everything that goes wrong is the coaches fault. As well as to call for all the coaches to be fired after the third game of the year and before that. I never said anything about Urban or Nick. In case you do not know the players are the ones playing the game on the field. It takes players and coaches to win games. Just seems everything that goes on when Ironton doesn't win is all the coaches fault. Players have to step up and be responsible for their actions on the field. Learn for that and work with the coaches to improve.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Really the realm of the Lawrence County All Stars has come to an end. So sad😉 It's the fault of both the players and coaches, negativity rampant!! Off with their heads! This negativity will not help matters. Some of you act like it's the end of the world. It's just a game. So many more important things in this world to be concerned with! Jeezzzzz!

bigdogtaz
Waterboy

Post by bigdogtaz »

Great win for Fairland, hard fought for both teams, it's sad that 3rd game of the season Ironton fans are calling for heads to fall, maybe Vass isn't the coach to lead them to dominance again, but because so many live in the past and have blinder's on as to why they had that dominance the program suffers. when Coach Lutz started his career it was a different time coaches could demand respect and get it , either you gave it to them or they took it there wasn't a 3rd option , society wont allow that today, and to top that without the draw of the Lutz legend athletes are choosing other programs or staying in the system they have been raised in, so kinda simple to figure no legend, fewer transfers, equals the smaller pool to draw from thus the harder to build a program to compete with your past, and on top of the failing economy in this area I mean what are you people expecting? For now and for who knows how long Tiger fans are going to have to accept that striving for the OVC is as good as it gets if you exceed that great. and any coach who comes in is looking at a 3 to 4 year's in the best circumstances at building a program, your kids have worked hard and deserve fan support for them and their program, My opinion if you aren't careful with all the negative BS you may start a snowball effect that keeps your tiger's down for many years to come

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Have a little class and give credit where credit is due. Fairland's coach went 0-10 his first year and two years later, he has them in the drivers seat in the OVC. I wasn't there but I'd bet money Fairland won this game moreso than Ironton's coaches loss the game. Congrats to Fairland on the win.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

bigdogtaz wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:37 am Great win for Fairland, hard fought for both teams, it's sad that 3rd game of the season Ironton fans are calling for heads to fall, maybe Vass isn't the coach to lead them to dominance again, but because so many live in the past and have blinder's on as to why they had that dominance the program suffers. when Coach Lutz started his career it was a different time coaches could demand respect and get it , either you gave it to them or they took it there wasn't a 3rd option , society wont allow that today, and to top that without the draw of the Lutz legend athletes are choosing other programs or staying in the system they have been raised in, so kinda simple to figure no legend, fewer transfers, equals the smaller pool to draw from thus the harder to build a program to compete with your past, and on top of the failing economy in this area I mean what are you people expecting? For now and for who knows how long Tiger fans are going to have to accept that striving for the OVC is as good as it gets if you exceed that great. and any coach who comes in is looking at a 3 to 4 year's in the best circumstances at building a program, your kids have worked hard and deserve fan support for them and their program, My opinion if you aren't careful with all the negative BS you may start a snowball effect that keeps your tiger's down for many years to come
Great win by the dragons. I agree it is sad. IMO there will never be another bob lutz. Just like we will never see another ed miller

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

farmer wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:40 pm
BigCarlito72 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:36 pm
farmer wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:33 pm
Not on the staff as much as on the players. They know what kind of shape they are in. They know this year in and out. They are the ones on the field.
This is the prep level. The accountability for conditioning [ preperation] falls on the staff.
There you go make excuses because only thing you want is to get rid of the coaches. Players need to be held accountable for their being in shape. Coaches are there to help but can not do it for the players.
You obviously know nothing about these players or you would know what kind of conditioning and work out routines they have.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

OVC wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:14 am Have a little class and give credit where credit is due. Fairland's coach went 0-10 his first year and two years later, he has them in the drivers seat in the OVC. I wasn't there but I'd bet money Fairland won this game moreso than Ironton's coaches loss the game. Congrats to Fairland on the win.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

OMG! An Ironton LOSS. What is going on Bait!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

OVC wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:14 am Have a little class and give credit where credit is due. Fairland's coach went 0-10 his first year and two years later, he has them in the drivers seat in the OVC. I wasn't there but I'd bet money Fairland won this game moreso than Ironton's coaches loss the game. Congrats to Fairland on the win.

I agree it is what it is. fairland wasn't scared coming in the had already faced 2 undefeated teams back to back with wheelersburg and west. you come from 0-10, and pull of the biggest win in your school's history. you deserve the props. I keep telling people the ovc is going to be very even this year. I congratulate the dragons as well. I been saying it to whoever will listen this is going to be a deep league overall. but the tell tale sign of improvement otherwise will be can we get teams in the playoffs n win games. time for both teams to get ready for next week.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

LHS 72 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:04 am OMG! An Ironton LOSS. What is going on Bait!
read the post above this hoss. the county schools have caught us.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:52 am

I agree it is what it is. fairland wasn't scared coming in the had already faced 2 undefeated teams back to back with wheelersburg and west. you come from 0-10, and pull of the biggest win in your school's history. you deserve the props. I keep telling people the ovc is going to be very even this year. I congratulate the dragons as well. I been saying it to whoever will listen this is going to be a deep league overall. but the tell tale sign of improvement otherwise will be can we get teams in the playoffs n win games. time for both teams to get ready for next week.
Biggest win in school history? Come on bait. They beat a mediocre Ironton team. It may be the win they have looked forward to the most. Don't give yourself too much credit.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Every post on social media is for Ironton wanting the head of the coach. High expectations in Ironton.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:52 am

Come on Bait...."biggest win in school history". Give me a break. This isn't 1986 and Ironton is a shell of what they were. It's a decent win for an 0-2 football team.

bigpoppy20
Riding the Bench

Post by bigpoppy20 »

Easily the biggest win. Not the biggest upset, but biggest win whether Ironton was a state contender or a conference contender. This would have been the biggest win for any county school. Nearly 60 years is a long time.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

mattash wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:00 am Every post on social media is for Ironton wanting the head of the coach. High expectations in Ironton.
I've seen that as well. Have some family around those parts and they aren't very happy.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

He better just resign and move

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Having met a Fairland coach this past summer, I know he was confident about this summer.
Maybe this is going to be the start of the good season, he was feeling they would have,

Congrats on a nice win,

Uncle Creepy
Waterboy

Post by Uncle Creepy »

We were just talking in the trailer park, and have no idea why anyone would want to coach or play for the Ironton community. One week they love you, the next week they hate you. Almost like they have unrealistic expectations.

I figure with so many coaches on here, finding the next coach should be easy.

My cousin, Pretty Ricky, was at the game and he wonders if we are gonna have to hear this same stuff after they lose to Coal Grove, Chesapeake, Ashland, Gallia Academy and Portsmouth?

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

First great game by Fairland!

Ironton this has been coming over the last 4 years. If you have been going to the ball games you would know this is nothing new.

Return to “Football”