Fairland(27) @ (21)Ironton

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Fairland(27) @ (21)Ironton

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BigCarlito72 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:27 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:28 pm you don't get to be one of Ohio's winningest programs and still yet one of the most playoff and state title games experience or build the states most prolific football coach with more wins than anybody else, bob lutz. by being classless , dirty, and disrespectful.to me that's an insult, by virtue of the fact some outsider said it that is butthurted.
Let the past go. Its OVER!!!.
I'm going to bring up the past here for a second. Bait. You said Ironton is the polar opposite of classless, dirty and disrespectful. I have one question for you. Do you remember when Burg beat the brakes of Itown in Ptown? What about that late hit well into the end zone that broke a kids leg? You don't call that classless? Dirty maybe? Come one bait. Everyone knows Ironton. It's no secret.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Twenty years down the road, Fairland Dragon supporters won't look back at their 2017 season and say "Remember when we beat that 5-5 Ironton team??"

With that said, I'm sure there's a bigger win in program history

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:23 pm The "Greatest form of flattery" is telling another school that the biggest win in their history is beating a bad team? But it's great because of who Ironton WAS! Ironton is an also ran.

you may be right crab but why do you have to be rude about it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

IT'S OKAY GUYS , I HAVE BIG SHOULDERS. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

P(irate) wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:04 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:28 pm you don't get to be one of Ohio's winningest programs and still yet one of the most playoff and state title games experience or build the states most prolific football coach with more wins than anybody else, bob lutz. by being classless , dirty, and disrespectful.to me that's an insult, by virtue of the fact some outsider said it that is butthurted.
I'm going to bring up the past here for a second. Bait. You said Ironton is the polar opposite of classless, dirty and disrespectful. I have one question for you. Do you remember when Burg beat the brakes of Itown in Ptown? What about that late hit well into the end zone that broke a kids leg? You don't call that classless? Dirty maybe? Come one bait. Everyone knows Ironton. It's no secret.
That's the thing that pisses most off when it comes to Ironton.....it's that "Ironton Piety" that they all want to project all the time. and while there are plenty of upstanding people there, they've also got their fair share of cruds, cheats and deplorables!!! And it's always been that way!!!

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

okay then you win.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:01 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:23 pm The "Greatest form of flattery" is telling another school that the biggest win in their history is beating a bad team? But it's great because of who Ironton WAS! Ironton is an also ran.

you may be right crab but why do you have to be rude about it.

I don't see anything "rude" about my post, but to each their own.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

whatever you say man.

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Like I said before, some can sure sling the shlt in the fan but don't like the return :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BigChuck wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:44 am
P(irate) wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:04 am

That's the thing that pisses most off when it comes to Ironton.....it's that "Ironton Piety" that they all want to project all the time. and while there are plenty of upstanding people there, they've also got their fair share of cruds, cheats and deplorables!!! And it's always been that way!!!
''ironton piety'' eh, chuck is you sayin the fighting tigers has a place in the locker room now where they makes pies. cause I didn't know that. maybe the fighting tigers was full and their bellies hurted. all joking aside I can only speak of when bob lutz coached and Merrill triplett coached. because I was a small part of it with coach lutz. and so were both my sons with coach lutz and coach triplett. you didn't play fair n square you'd get yanked and be doing extra laps n grass drills Monday till ya yakked if caught being dirty. and I have heard way to many players and coaches through nearly 57 years, tell me ironton played them clean, hit them hard, and beat em er not they shook your hand with humility. when you hear that from so many coaches n players from the past over the course of 4 decades. you start to believe it. especially since you did it yourself and seen it with your own sons. I can't speak for anything past Merrill triplett's and coach Lutz's careers because I didn't have a dog, or pups in the fight.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Ya know, if my memory serves me, it was Gallipolis that broke Ironton's 64 game unbeaten streak. Look at Gallipolis now. It's hard to tell where a program will be in ten years. Only 3 years ago Lucasville Owned Burg. It has also changed. Anything can happen. I thing the only difference right now is Burg is building from gradeschool up like Ironton used to do. Now it's all about Ws in gradeschool and not as much about learning technique.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i was a sophomore on that team in 1976 when we lost that game to the blue devils. they also had an seoal win streak of 34 coming into that game. everywhere you looked in gallipolis there were signs all the way to the stadium including our locker room saying ''34 AND NO MORE''. THAT WAS A LONGGGGGGGGGGGGG RIDE HOME FROM THE FRENCH CITY. and I wanted eal bad to be sick Monday. cause I knew what would happen.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

after that game ironton went on an seoal path of destruction to other seoal opponents beating Jackson 32-21, waverly 68-0,athens 19-6, and meigs 34-6. to finish out the season,

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

oddly enough that 1976 season the fighting tigers went 9-1 and missed the playoff
here was the results.

beat Russell, ky 6-0. (I think Russell won ky. state title that year.) with billy ray cyrus on the Russell team.
beat Portsmouth 22-14
beat Dayton Jefferson-28-14
beat logan 8-0
beat wellston 36-3
lost to gahs 14-18
beat Jackson 32-21
beat waverly 68-0
beat Athens 19-6
beat meigs 34-6.================================= and didn't even make the playoffs going 9-1. and being in the seoal.
dang them was some great memories. I remember getting in a lot in what turned out to be my last year. my sophomore year due to a knee injury. and we were smashing teams and this 179 pound guard, middle guard, center. had a blast.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

You Ironton people truly are a side show unto yourselves.....drumming up the 70's!!! AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! hahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha
P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C!!

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the game was brought up about in 76 when they lost a game that broke a huge win streak. and I made a comment about it, because I was on the team. nothing more nothing less. if that bothers you then I apologize. the reason that this sometimes sounds repetitive is because ''they had the past they had to talk about''. ------------------------------ that an a biscuit from tudor's bicskets and a small coffee don't mean jack spit in this weeks game with Ashland. how many local teams can talk about big games in the past, including state tiles. again this has no reflection on what's currently going on with ironton football. the very same people that accuse us of living in the past are now the braggarts now that are making fun of irontons misfortunes now. and trust me wheelersburg wasn't talking running clocks against the tigers up till 2007, where they had only won like 3 games against the tigers. but any and everybody knows they have owned us since. don'tchall have anything else to do like trim yer toenails or change your sweeper bag. trust me it's wayyyyyyyyyy funnier seeing posts from outsiders like this than occasionally a tiger fan bringing up a game from the past. ironton is as proud of their team past, present and future as anybody else. if that offends someone outside the district, then that's their axe to grind. no tiger supporter I know has set their sights on just trying to win a league title. which I don't think will even happen this year. but I sure hope it does. but even at that it has taken ironton being into their 3rd year in league play to lose a game. that to me shows ironton's program is reeling out of control, and the other Lawrence county teams are getting good sound coaching, keeping their kids in their district and are playing more competitive football. and ironton is not the beast of the east anymore. at's about as plain as I can put it.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

If you don't believe that Ironton doesn't play dirty, then you are delusional. I watched them play against Russell one year and witnessed an Ironton defensive lineman repeatedly punch an offensive lineman from Russell. Instead of that player being ejected, the Russell coach got an unsportsmanlike penalty for defending his player. Or what about the time Oak Hill played Ironton at the tank and Oak Hill is about to score to win the game? Oak Hill started off 1st and goal from the 3 yard line only to end up having a 4th and 57 and had to punt. It's about time Ironton knows what the other side feels like. For years have they made sure that they have won at home, especially through officiating. Or, how about the time I witnessed an OHSAA official talking to an individual beyond the chain link fence during the 4th quarter of a one score game? That official later called a touchdown no good, even though the player and the ball clearly broke the plain. Like I said, it's about time that Ironton knows how the other half lives.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Come on every team gets a home field advantage if you have ever coached you would know that from the start.
Last edited by Game day on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

I find it amusing the Burg fans of all people,popping off at ironton. Every one in Scioto County dislikes them over their pompas ways. It all comes full circle,it just took Ironton a lot longer to get there lol

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

IBTT wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:44 am Ya know, if my memory serves me, it was Gallipolis that broke Ironton's 64 game unbeaten streak. Look at Gallipolis now. It's hard to tell where a program will be in ten years. Only 3 years ago Lucasville Owned Burg. It has also changed. Anything can happen. I thing the only difference right now is Burg is building from gradeschool up like Ironton used to do. Now it's all about Ws in gradeschool and not as much about learning technique.
Valley has never owned burg. In their history which probably started around the early 2000s valley has won three games. Those three came in a row, and if it wasn't for a late fumble on the goal line valley would only have two wins. I will agree that the youth level isn't very good. Your view on burgs history is not very good.

Return to “Football”