Fairland(27) @ (21)Ironton

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: WK3 (0-2) Fairland @ (1-1) Ironton

Post by Crab's Brother »

The Oaf wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:46 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:02 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:52 am

I agree it is what it is. fairland wasn't scared coming in the had already faced 2 undefeated teams back to back with wheelersburg and west. you come from 0-10, and pull of the biggest win in your school's history. you deserve the props. I keep telling people the ovc is going to be very even this year. I congratulate the dragons as well. I been saying it to whoever will listen this is going to be a deep league overall. but the tell tale sign of improvement otherwise will be can we get teams in the playoffs n win games. time for both teams to get ready for next week.

Come on Bait...."biggest win in school history". Give me a break. This isn't 1986 and Ironton is a shell of what they were. It's a decent win for an 0-2 football team.
What win on the program's resume is bigger Crab?
I'm by no means a Fairland football historian, but if beating a terrible Ironton team that has one non OVC win in 3 years is the "biggest in school history", then your program should have folded years ago. Fairland beating Ironton 15-30 years ago would have been a story. Now it is just a good win for an 0-2 team. Ironton has the history. But they no longer have "the program".

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Re: Fairland(27) @ (21)Ironton

Post by Buramgerdin »

Actually if my memory serves me correctly, South Point beat Ironton in 66 or 67 too. Herb Cartlett was SPs stud then. Right before the Bruny era at Ironton. In the 50s and 60s Ironton played the monster schools, Lancaster, Newark, Zanesville, back in those days.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Crab's Brother wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:11 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:02 am

Come on Bait...."biggest win in school history". Give me a break. This isn't 1986 and Ironton is a shell of what they were. It's a decent win for an 0-2 football team.
I'm by no means a Fairland football historian, but if beating a terrible Ironton team that has one non OVC win in 3 years is the "biggest in school history", then your program should have folded years ago. Fairland beating Ironton 15-30 years ago would have been a story. Now it is just a good win for an 0-2 team. Ironton has the history. But they no longer have "the program".
My program? No dog in the fight. Just curious as to your thoughts on what the biggest win would be. But make no mistake about it, this is certainly it.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

The Oaf wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:13 pm

My program? No dog in the fight. Just curious as to your thoughts on what the biggest win would be. But make no mistake about it, this is certainly it.
I'm not referring to them as your program. That's not how I meant it. I meant in general.

Basically Bait has said it doesn't matter how down Ironton is, it is the biggest win because it is Ironton. That's total crap. And that is part of the issue with Ironton. They talk about how good it used to be. Well it isn't like that anymore. Beating Ironton no longer carries weight in this area. The Burg gets excited to play Ironton because it is week 1. Move that game to week 6 and it is ho hum for the Pirates, IMO.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Crab's Brother wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:20 pm

I'm not referring to them as your program. That's not how I meant it. I meant in general.

Basically Bait has said it doesn't matter how down Ironton is, it is the biggest win because it is Ironton. That's total crap. And that is part of the issue with Ironton. They talk about how good it used to be. Well it isn't like that anymore. Beating Ironton no longer carries weight in this area. The Burg gets excited to play Ironton because it is week 1. Move that game to week 6 and it is ho hum for the Pirates, IMO.
Burg has always looked forward to Ironton. Even when we got our backsides handed to us. But it is a whole lot more fun these days.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:53 am
LHS 72 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:04 am OMG! An Ironton LOSS. What is going on Bait!
read the post above this hoss. the county schools have caught us.
The county schools are for the most part playing with very few transfers. Ironton for the most part is playing with mostly Ironton boys. The tide has changed.

With floods in Houston, rampant fires out west, two huge back to back hurricanes in Florida, unrest in tbe Middle East and an Ironton loss to a county school . What is the world coming too?😉😉😁😁😁

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Ok, I see what you're saying.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
CRAZY4SPORTZ
Waterboy

Post by CRAZY4SPORTZ »

If I'm reading these post correctly, the Great IHS fighting Tigers lost to a lowly OVC school?? (not my opinion, that's just what it sounds like) The coaches aren't to blame, the kids aren't at fault?? So....who is? Winning is usually a combination of effort on the kids behalf and correct play calling on the part of the coaches as well as having the kids in the right positions. It takes a team effort and that includes the coaches. Ironton isn't what it once was (and hasn't been for years), but some people in Ironton just can't see it??
Congrats to Fairland on a well played game :)

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

to the Ironton "mystique"....Na na na na
Na na na na
Hey hey hey
Goodbye!!!!!!

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:18 am He better just resign and move
He is going to move, he is building a new house in our neighborhood.......probably not far enuff to make you happy ...... :mrgreen:

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Bruddah gum I live far away from ironton

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Bucknut
Waterboy

Post by Bucknut »

Outsider looking in. I know a kid that graduated last year, he said there is zero respect from the kids for the coaches. Which makes since, the kids hear at home "it's not your fault you guys are winded at half", "it's not your fault the play was busted", it's not your fault your not a starter, etc. The parents don't want to make their kids feel bad and blame the coaches. So the kids start believe that. This problem starts with youth leagues,nobody losses everyone gets a trophy! Could a different coach get results. Maybe as long as the parents don't bash the coach. The kids must believe in the coaches, they will never be successful if they don't

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Buckeye1971 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:02 am
bigpoppy20 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:13 am Easily the biggest win. Not the biggest upset, but biggest win whether Ironton was a state contender or a conference contender. This would have been the biggest win for any county school. Nearly 60 years is a long time.

Let's at least clear this up. Yes, 60 years is a long time, but let's keep in mind Ironton didn't start playing all the OVC teams until 2 years ago. Playing one of them every few years in a playoff game shouldn't be considered in a 60 year span.
Couldnt agree more....it would even be different if they had played 60 times.

Buckeye1971
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye1971 »

noles_fan wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:30 pm
Buckeye1971 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:02 am
bigpoppy20 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:13 am Easily the biggest win. Not the biggest upset, but biggest win whether Ironton was a state contender or a conference contender. This would have been the biggest win for any county school. Nearly 60 years is a long time.

Let's at least clear this up. Yes, 60 years is a long time, but let's keep in mind Ironton didn't start playing all the OVC teams until 2 years ago. Playing one of them every few years in a playoff game shouldn't be considered in a 60 year span.
Couldnt agree more....it would even be different if they had played 60 times.

That's right Noles. It would be like saying Symmes Valley hasn't lost to a team from Georgia in over 100 years.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Bucknut wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:16 pm Outsider looking in. I know a kid that graduated last year, he said there is zero respect from the kids for the coaches. Which makes since, the kids hear at home "it's not your fault you guys are winded at half", "it's not your fault the play was busted", it's not your fault your not a starter, etc. The parents don't want to make their kids feel bad and blame the coaches. So the kids start believe that. This problem starts with youth leagues,nobody losses everyone gets a trophy! Could a different coach get results. Maybe as long as the parents don't bash the coach. The kids must believe in the coaches, they will never be successful if they don't
You obviously are an outsider because the kids do believe in their coaches! You know nothing so just keep your opinions to yourself! If your a outsider, stay out!

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

I think Fairland played a great game and it shouldn't been as close as it was. The flags keep IT in this game the first half.. second half I don't think there was a flag thrown.. anybody got the stats on it.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Just saw the stats in the Tribune and Fairland had 5 for 52 yards all in the first half. Ironton had no flags according to the stats in the paper.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I was sitting next to a fairland fan and when we got the ball back with about 3 minutes or so I said watch Ironton will not just try and run the clock down and kick a field goal. There is an old saying between coaches just win who cares if it was ugly. It is a win!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

way to remain impartial. it is the biggest win. name one bigger for fairland. everybody knows the tiger football program is down, but name a bigger win for fairland, anybody. it is the biggest wins exactly because it was ironton, nobody is claiming any ironton superiority here. but the fact remains fairland has never won a bigger game, and it was at ironton. you guys are as stuck as the ironton posters that are supposedly living in the past. you can't stand the fact that we made a statement, or I did anyway that it was the biggest win for fairland. regardless of the current state of ironton football. and that to me is the greatest form of flattery. we'll never see that kind of success again in the tigers future. but the fact remains they were the king a longgggggggggg time in these parts. so any local team that starts beating ironton that has never had any substantial playoff history. it likely will be their biggest win to date as well. I stand by that.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

P(irate) wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:41 pm

Burg has always looked forward to Ironton. Even when we got our backsides handed to us. But it is a whole lot more fun these days.
exactly.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”