Portsmouth(0) @ (23)Gallian

mattash
Site Admin

Portsmouth(0) @ (23)Gallian

Post by mattash »

Can Portsmouth bounce back? Hopefully its dry.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: WK3 (1-1) Portsmouth @ (2-0) Gallian

Post by BigBlueNation »

Don't know anything about Galion. Good luck to the Trojans.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

CalPreps has this one as a 1 point win by Portsmouth, and I'm gonna take this one as a touchdown win by Portsmouth.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I wish I didn't have to work or I'd go to this one, I'm only about 10 miles from Galion, another Tiger Team. They are coming off a 2-10 season.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Hope the 4 hour trip dont settle into them

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:14 pm Hope the 4 hour trip dont settle into them
I drive from here to Ironton in 3 hours, still a long trip for a High school football game.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

I got family in bucyrus thought it was longer lol maybe just my driving

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Cal Preps:

Portsmouth 28
Galion 27

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

What I think it funny on scheduling this game is ports drops the burg and then picks up a team 3 hrs away for a one yr deal. Kinda crazy if u ask me

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

Just watched film on Gallion and looked pretty good. Athletic qb and rb. Someone needs to get there head out of there ass on the play calling or it's gonna be a long season. The backup rb Johnson can run the ball. You can't run your qb up the gut again 25 times.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Love seeing this type of match up. Kudos to both schools for scheduling this game.
I think Galion pulls out the win.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:11 pm What I think it funny on scheduling this game is ports drops the burg and then picks up a team 3 hrs away for a one yr deal. Kinda crazy if u ask me
Why? :?:

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

The Oaf wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:36 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:11 pm What I think it funny on scheduling this game is ports drops the burg and then picks up a team 3 hrs away for a one yr deal. Kinda crazy if u ask me
Why? :?:
why do i think it's funny. the last time they beat us was the last time we played at spartan. they drop us and then they pick up a team almost 3 hrs away

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The Trojans have simply got to minimize penalties going forward........in the first two games, PHS committed far too many penalties and it made a huge impact in the West game. Killing several drives inside the 15 yard line with penalties is a sure way to make defeat closer than victory, and that indeed was very true against the Senators.

GO TROJANS!!!

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

From reading these posts Trojan fans, I see some of Burg fans trolling and still making comments of Portsmouth playing Gallion. seems to me they are still wondering why Portsmouth dropped them, I say good luck Portsmouth and you can play,who you all want, or ask the Burg fans first if it is all right to play someone else. loL My point is proven everyday on them . they act like they have won the state already and they're unbeatable in my eyes, check they're posts and my opinion is for them to drop out of SOC and play in a bigger and better league up north. That's my take on all comments from the start on them. good luck to the Portsmouth team and all Southern Ohio teams, you all know your playing for second place right. lOL

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Prime Time wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:35 am From reading these posts Trojan fans, I see some of Burg fans trolling and still making comments of Portsmouth playing Gallion. seems to me they are still wondering why Portsmouth dropped them, I say good luck Portsmouth and you can play,who you all want, or ask the Burg fans first if it is all right to play someone else. loL My point is proven everyday on them . they act like they have won the state already and they're unbeatable in my eyes, check they're posts and my opinion is for them to drop out of SOC and play in a bigger and better league up north. That's my take on all comments from the start on them. good luck to the Portsmouth team and all Southern Ohio teams, you all know your playing for second place right. lOL
I get what you're saying but dropping a home game with a huge gate and scheduling an away game that most fans won't attend that may still result in a loss makes absolutely unequivocally no sense. It would be different if they scheduled greenup, or east, or something more local.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Portsmouth not playing Wheelersburg has more to do with stuff off the field than taking losses on. I would expect this to continue with other teams.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Oak wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:07 pm Portsmouth not playing Wheelersburg has more to do with stuff off the field than taking losses on. I would expect this to continue with other teams.
Huh? Do tell. A statement like that holds no validity if you can't explain.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

When teams are trying to build a program back up and make playoffs to build confidence and self esteem back up.A down trodden program, does it make sense to get killed by 30-40 points a year and then listen about how bad you got beat for the whole,year from over confident fans and teams. Portsmouth would be wise to forget about large gates and establish a winning tradition before listening about how bad they are year in year out. Does my thoughts make sense, I would do the same thing they are doing. Try to get program back up and running and at least have hopes of play offs in the end.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Nelsonville York sees big seasons and low seasons, but nothing like the last 10-15 years n Portsmouth. Portsmouth can establish a few winning seasons and build on that, then gradually try to look for different teams. Build confidence and build on it year after year. kids will buy into that.

Return to “Football”