Games postpones/moved up

Matt77
Varsity

Games being moved to Thursday due to weather

Post by Matt77 »

They only Ohio team that's 100% been moved is
Boyd County vs South Point

But I've heard Ironton vs Russell are discussing moving there's.

(Per Grant Traylor with the herald dispatch's twitter account)

I'll add to the list as decisions come down, or if they do.

OVC
JV Team

Games postpones/moved up

Post by OVC »

I've heard that some games are discussing moving back to Thursday or pushed back to Saturday due to the threats of rain and winds from Hurricane Harvey. Any truth behind this?

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Games postpones/moved up

Post by Orange and Brown »

Merged

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I thought I heard on the radio that most/all Kentucky games were moved to Thursday not 100% right though.

jgrlzz
Freshman Team

Post by jgrlzz »

This is what's on Kentucky's site

scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyfb17

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

Ironton and Russell game, moved to Saturday night at 7:30.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Latest path and times predicted appears to suggest it has slowed down I thought? Saturday AM for our area now? May want to stick to the Friday games I don't know, it's a crap shoot predicting.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

The latest I have heard for SE Ohio.....Friday is the main day for Harvey, especially Friday night. Lingering showers Saturday morning, and should be gone by Saturday afternoon/evening. GA-River Valley is Saturday, but it was scheduled for Saturday all along.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Burg v/s Fairland is definitely not rescheduling.

Burg grad 85
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

scott1297 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:41 pm Burg v/s Fairland is definitely not rescheduling.
that might prove to be a mistake

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

Pansy world we live in

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

dontreply wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:32 am Pansy world we live in
SNOWFLAKES! :mrgreen:

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

Rescheduling due to some rain? It's Ohio, not Texas. The rain is part of the game... deal with it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

absolutely. I have no idea what is like anywhere but waverly. but just a light steady rain here. seems a bit premature to me. the percentage of rain here today is 100 and Saturday it's 90. so play ball ya'll.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:44 pm
scott1297 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:41 pm Burg v/s Fairland is definitely not rescheduling.
that might prove to be a mistake
Definitely not rescheduling no mistake here

Burg grad 85
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I'm sending a letter to the NFL to call the Minnesota/Green Bay game off because there is a chance of bad weather that day.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

BiddyBallDaddy wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:17 pm Rescheduling due to some rain? It's Ohio, not Texas. The rain is part of the game... deal with it.
I think the issue is possible weather delays coupled with playing surface concerns. The former underscores a stronger concern than the latter. If anyone remembers two years ago, this same week (week 2), there were many weather delays and games that had to be played between two days due to the 30 minute rule for lightning constantly getting imposed. I know one team drove to far southern Ohio for a game on Friday and couldn't get past the first half because of weather delays and then had to drive back down the next day.

It's not that anyone is scared to play in the rain, it's the components of heavy rain storms coupled with thunder/lightning producing potential that make some AD's take a second look at the current playing arrangements.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

About the Boyd county South Point game I feel that was the right call only because Boyd County has a huge creek to cross to get to and from their new and their old school. This area is prone to flooding and there is no way if it had flooded that they could have gotten to the school or from it. i'd say their area gets flooded on a yearly basis alot of times into the baseball, softball and even the football field areas. Yes the SP field would have been no problem because of turf but the right decision was made. It allows all teams some better scouting anyway because games are going to be played on Friday and Saturday now! lol Sp can scout teams on Friday and Saturday now! They are getting a two for one since River Valley and Gallipolis are playing on Saturday. Sp suffered from the gate somewhat because we had teams playing volleyball, golf, soccer and middle school football last night. But I did see quite a few people wearing OVC colors too so maybe it equaled out!

Return to “Football”