Licking Heights(7) @ (28)Chillicothe

Ohio1234
JV Team

Licking Heights(7) @ (28)Chillicothe

Post by Ohio1234 »

From What I have seen Licking Heights is a very good team with a little bit of everything good size good athletes. Chillicothe will have to play very well to win this game. I thought Chillicothe looked pretty good offensively against Teays except for the two first half turnovers. Chillicothe's defense had some real problems tackling and giving up the slant. Hopefully Harris and Beard are healthy and ready to go for this game because Maughmer needs help.

Chillicothe will either Win the game in a close one or lose by two or 3 touchdowns.

Thoughts??

Paladin
SEOP

Re: WK 2 Licking Heights vs Chillicothe

Post by Paladin »

LH is a big school team playing in a small school league. They are always over rated. I'd be surprised if Chilli didn't pound them.

This should be a Chilli win.

Have gun, will travel
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Winner will get a good bit of points since both play in average to bad leagues.

I'll take Chillicothe by a score.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Chilli is in a very weak league and LH is in an average league but a big school vs small ones. Both will be point hogs. Chilli by 2 TDs.

Have gun, will travel
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

licking heights will be tough but chilli can do it..

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Not a 100% sold on Chillicothe yet, potential is there but QB needs to have some other weapons to rely on to make him as dangerous as he is capable of being.

I will take Chillicothe at home.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Ohio1234 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:11 pm From What I have seen Licking Heights is a very good team with a little bit of everything good size good athletes. Chillicothe will have to play very well to win this game. I thought Chillicothe looked pretty good offensively against Teays except for the two first half turnovers. Chillicothe's defense had some real problems tackling and giving up the slant. Hopefully Harris and Beard are healthy and ready to go for this game because Maughmer needs help.

Chillicothe will either Win the game in a close one or lose by two or 3 touchdowns.

Thoughts??
Elaborate on Harris and Beard. I did not travel to TV last week instead caught Paint Valley. One of these boys the one who transferred back from Unioto? What positions do they play? Any time we can relieve Maughmer of more duties is huge. He needs a play-maker alongside him to take the brunt.

I do not know much about LH. From everything I am reading they sound similar to CHS. Are they always in D2? Chilli fluctuates so much its hard to keep track between bball and football. When was the last time we were D2?
I will be making the 3 minute walk from my doorstep to The O Friday to catch this one. Go Cavs

Chilli 28
LH 24

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:07 am
Ohio1234 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:11 pm From What I have seen Licking Heights is a very good team with a little bit of everything good size good athletes. Chillicothe will have to play very well to win this game. I thought Chillicothe looked pretty good offensively against Teays except for the two first half turnovers. Chillicothe's defense had some real problems tackling and giving up the slant. Hopefully Harris and Beard are healthy and ready to go for this game because Maughmer needs help.

Thoughts??
Elaborate on Harris and Beard. I did not travel to TV last week instead caught Paint Valley. One of these boys the one who transferred back from Unioto? What positions do they play? Any time we can relieve Maughmer of more duties is huge. He needs a play-maker alongside him to take the brunt.

I do not know much about LH. From everything I am reading they sound similar to CHS. Are they always in D2? Chilli fluctuates so much its hard to keep track between bball and football. When was the last time we were D2?
I will be making the 3 minute walk from my doorstep to The O Friday to catch this one. Go Cavs

Chilli 28
LH 24
If it is the same Beard that was at Unioto last year, he can be dynamic running the ball. He would be a great addition for the Cavaliers. He tore his ACL last year late in the season or the Shermans may have scored in Week 11 lol really though, he runs hard and is fun to watch.

Go Cavs!

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Yes Beard is originally a Chillicothe kid who went to Unioto last season and is an explosive athlete and Running back he has been limited in the offseason due to injury last season and learning curves with the offense and did not dress vs Teays Valley due to staff infection from what I heard. Should be good to go this week. Harris is another dynamic athlete who plays receiver or that H back role and also is a stud defensive back he started against Teays Valley but had an ankle injury on the first punt return in the first quarter he did come back late in the 4th and made a few big plays but was visibly still favoring the ankle. He should also be good to go this week. Beard is number 21 Harris is number 40 .

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Ohio1234 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:43 pm Yes Beard is originally a Chillicothe kid who went to Unioto last season and is an explosive athlete and Running back he has been limited in the offseason due to injury last season and learning curves with the offense and did not dress vs Teays Valley due to staff infection from what I heard. Should be good to go this week. Harris is another dynamic athlete who plays receiver or that H back role and also is a stud defensive back he started against Teays Valley but had an ankle injury on the first punt return in the first quarter he did come back late in the 4th and made a few big plays but was visibly still favoring the ankle. He should also be good to go this week. Beard is number 21 Harris is number 40 .
I will be looking for those two numbers!

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

28-7 Cavaliers. (still 20 seconds left)

I walked over and sat through he drizzle until half. I had seen enough to know Licking Heights did not have the weapons to compete tonight.

First time seeing the Cavaliers this year. They looked very impressive. Hard hitting, very disciplined, athletic. They just looked like they wanted it more tonight and LH looked like they woke up from a nap.

I have said this a million times and I wont stop until hes not behind center....Brandon Maughmer is the real deal folks....
Did anyone see that play tonight where he took a roll out pass play 38 yards tip toeing along the sideline? ATHLETIC!

This team is good. Very good. Best team I have seen Chilli field since 2009.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Maughmer is a stud. Good win for the Cavaliers

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

As expected

Have gun, will travel
mattash
Site Admin

Re: Licking Heights(7) @ (28)Chillicothe

Post by mattash »

Stats?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Re: Licking Heights(7) @ (28)Chillicothe

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

https://www.facebook.com/bvee.3/posts/10210432635071681

Not sure if you can click on that but there is the run I referenced above. I saw it from the visitors stand.

Return to “Football”