Ironton / Burg updates

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Re: Ironton / Burg updates

Post by bilco 2 »

We just have to face it tiger fans they suck, when you complete 3 straight passes and lose 10 yrds you suck. that's what they did the first series of downs.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Oak wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:25 pm The onside kick and running your first team quarterback up 38 is classless. There were some wheelersburg fans around me that said the same. Woodward tries to do this to rivals when he can. He's a ____

Why didn't No. 52 field the ball? He let it hit right in front of him when he easily could have caught it in the air. No onside kick then. It was almost like he didn't know he could catch it in the air. If there coaching staff doesn't tell the up men that then that is bad coaching.

On to the game-Burg was hitting on all cylinders tonight. Offense was strong and defense was even stronger. Holden is going to be hard to stop as is Lowery, oh wait so is Salyers throwing the ball to them. Then there is Reyes or maybe Carmichael will run the ball. Wait, Mikaya(sp) Matthews returning punts is a threat as well. I believe he will get him a few TD's returning punts this year.

Was really impressed with the play of Avery Donini on defense. He did a great job covering the ends and made quite a few TFL's tonight.

Radio said the penalties were 4 for Burg and 1 for Ironton. Burg had way more than 4 penalties tonight and Ironton only had ONE called on them :o :o :o

tiger59
Riding the Bench

Post by tiger59 »

Wow is all i got

tiger59
Riding the Bench

Post by tiger59 »

At least Russell is supposed to be terrible

Burg94
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg94 »

Don't let a few arrogant Burg posters ruin your day. I would love nothing more than for this to be a competitive series again. Ironton just has a ways to go...as we did several years ago. The game has changed a lot in the last 10-15 years and Burg has adjusted to this change at a quicker pace. Wish Ironton the best the rest of the season and in OVC play...I for one route for you since Portsmouth pulled a chicken move and dropped us. Good luck Tigers. Even with your team facing this current dilemma, you still showed up thousands strong and supported these kids. Not the case in most communities.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

bilco 2 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:54 pm We just have to face it tiger fans they suck, when you complete 3 straight passes and lose 10 yrds you suck. that's what they did the first series of downs.
I just don't understand what the coaching staff does all winter long too look this bad. Do they not know who the first game is against?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Burg94 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:24 pm Don't let a few arrogant Burg posters ruin your day. I would love nothing more than for this to be a competitive series again. Ironton just has a ways to go...as we did several years ago. The game has changed a lot in the last 10-15 years and Burg has adjusted to this change at a quicker pace. Wish Ironton the best the rest of the season and in OVC play...I for one route for you since Portsmouth pulled a chicken move and dropped us. Good luck Tigers. Even with your team facing this current dilemma, you still showed up thousands strong and supported these kids. Not the case in most communities.
Now, that's a classy post........

Hopefully the Fighting Tigers can get things figured out, Wheelersburg's just the cream of the crop in Southeastern Ohio right now. Good luck to your Pirates the rest of the Season and beyond.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:22 pm Incredible, up 41-3 late in the 3rd and you onside kick the ball.....really.....

If you only knew why!!!!

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Oak wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:25 pm The onside kick and running your first team quarterback up 38 is classless. There were some wheelersburg fans around me that said the same. Woodward tries to do this to rivals when he can. He's a ____

LOL so many people like you want to live in the Burg and be part of this program!!!! You can feel it in your words.... It will be okay Oak..... What would be classless in this game if the Burg would keep the hammer down and scored 75 points, instead they showed mercy ....

falcons4life
Riding the Bench

Post by falcons4life »

I was an impartial fan at this game and watched 1 good football team and 1 football team that could make a serious run to the state! (there is a big difference between the level of talent between a good team and a state contender) Ironton was outmatched in all areas, but is still a good looking ball team. Wheelersburg can go 2-3 deep at all positions and putting their backups in would still result in the team winning nearly every game. I don't think it is time to throw in the towel on this series as it still highlights 2 of the best teams in the area. Best of luck to both teams this year!

Return to “Football”