Licking County League expansion

gils
JV Team

Licking County League expansion

Post by gils »

Just found out Zanesville is joining the Licking county league for the 2020-21 year. I wonder who else is joining?

ravensfan09
JV Team

Re: Licking County League expansion

Post by ravensfan09 »

Athens?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

ravensfan09 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:27 amAthens?
In a word, NO. Zanesville joined the big league side with Granville, Licking Valley, Licking Heights and Watkins Memorial all of which are little over an hour to hour and a half drive from Athens on crappy 2 lane roads most of the way. So with a bus you're looking at a good hour and a half for each game, compared to what Athens is doing now no I don't even think they'll consider it unless TVC gave them the boot. If that wasn't enough you compare the teams they play now all lower division teams and then the idea of them joining a league with 2 division 2 teams, 2 division 3 and a division 4, lol not happening.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Attachments
E2E11DA2-9FA4-48D1-890E-425F3F0CB192.jpeg
E2E11DA2-9FA4-48D1-890E-425F3F0CB192.jpeg (15.98 KiB) Viewed 4132 times

Mr Wildcat
Waterboy

Post by Mr Wildcat »

Hello to all, this is my first post on this site, but i have been a long time follower. The recent news of the LCL expansion finally pushed me over the edge to join. As you can tell i am a Newark High School supporter. As a long time Newark supporter, i can tell you that there are many many fans who would like to see Newark join this league....in an expanded fashion. A lot of fans i speak to are just sick of the OCC and how there is no consistency or rivalries in the OCC. Plus a lot of supporters don't think Newark gets treated with the same respect. Lastly, a lot of supporters just simply would like to be in a league with a more level playing field. These OCC schools are just growing and growing and growing...and add in open enrollment, its open season in the OCC. So, having said that here is what a lot people in Newark would like to see happen if Newark were to ever join the expanded LCL. Additions to the LCL would be Newark, Zanesville, Tri Valley, Mt Vernon, Big Walnut and Sheridan

Big School:

Newark
Zanesville
Licking Heights
Watkins Memorial
Tri Valley
Mt Vernon
Big Walnut
Granville

Small School:

Heath
Lakewood
Licking Valley
Johnstown
Newark Catholic
Northridge
Sheridan
Utica

Lastly, according to the article in the Zanesville Times Recorder, Scott Aaronholt believes it will be 8 team divisions and the article also states that the league has desires to expand to 16 teams. I think the above league would be great for all. The farthest travel in the league would be Zanesville to Big Walnut. But other than that, you are talking about traveling no farther than 30-35 mins max for any of these schools. Win win for everybody. Again, nice to be on board and look forward to the conversation.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Why would Atyens be interested in leaving the TVC?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Like Tri Valley and Sheridan would ever leave the MVL! :lol: :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Like water, schools and athletic conferences seek their own level of equilibrium. What I find surprising is how the demographics of Newark and Zanesville have changed. Both schools back in the day were in the prestigious AAA Central Ohio League. As to Logan, they are simply the victims of geography.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

You were looking for Logan. If Logan can’t get in, they win the worst administrators for 2019. Warren won it for 2018

Mr Wildcat
Waterboy

Post by Mr Wildcat »

Omega wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:22 pm Like water, schools and athletic conferences seek their own level of equilibrium. What I find surprising is how the demographics of Newark and Zanesville have changed. Both schools back in the day were in the prestigious AAA Central Ohio League. As to Logan, they are simply the victims of geography.
Newark is completely different than Zanesville in reality. Newark is still comfortably D1 and the city of Newark has a growing population. I think when the census estimates come out in March, you will see Newark reach the 50,0000 people milestone. Newark hasn't had a decade of negative population growth...maybe ever. Zanesville has had 6 strait decades of population decline...thus the decline in enrollment down to D3. Licking county is going through a population boom that is just getting started. In the next 20 years...Licking Heights, Watkins and Johnstown will double in size. Newark will continue to grow as well. Anyway, that's why this league should be attractive to a school like Tri Valley. The LCL is full of growing school districts. Many school districts in the MVL are dropping in enrollment. I am so curious as to who the other schools are who commissioner Bowman and Zanesville AD Scott Aaronholt are talking about???

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Actually, more MVL schools are increasing in enrollment over the last decade, and continue to rise today. Everyone knows Zville should not be D3 based on true number of boys. I think Newark would benefit from joining from a scheduling standpoint but they would be outliers in regards to size. How are their enrollment numbers trending?

MoCoSportsGuy
JV Team

Post by MoCoSportsGuy »

With the recent MVL expansion, I heard there is a fine if any MVL school leaves in the next ten years. I'm not sure, but I think it starts out at $10,000 and drops $1,000 each year over the ten years. That is what I heard. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

MoCoSportsGuy wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:33 pm With the recent MVL expansion, I heard there is a fine if any MVL school leaves in the next ten years. I'm not sure, but I think it starts out at $10,000 and drops $1,000 each year over the ten years. That is what I heard. If I'm wrong, please let me know.
It's actually $20,000 w/ $2,000 increments over 10 years.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:12 pm
You were looking for Logan. If Logan can’t get in, they win the worst administrators for 2019. Warren won it for 2018
You're a fool.

The Licking County League DOESN'T WANT Logan in their league. The Logan AD has consistent communication with admin up there. They don't want to travel to non-contiguous counties for league games.

Logan's admin can't make Perry or Fairfield Counties disappear.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

loganlocos wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:06 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:12 pm
You're a fool.

The Licking County League DOESN'T WANT Logan in their league. The Logan AD has consistent communication with admin up there. They don't want to travel to non-contiguous counties for league games.

Logan's admin can't make Perry or Fairfield Counties disappear.
It’s a sad reality Locos. If only in 1818 when Hocking County was cut from Fairfield, Ross and Athens counties they didn’t leave a 30 mile strip of land up to Licking County. 🤪

MoCoSportsGuy
JV Team

Post by MoCoSportsGuy »

BobcatQB wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:48 pm
MoCoSportsGuy wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:33 pm With the recent MVL expansion, I heard there is a fine if any MVL school leaves in the next ten years. I'm not sure, but I think it starts out at $10,000 and drops $1,000 each year over the ten years. That is what I heard. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

Thanks, I knew it was something like that.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Lancaster, Newark, New Albany, and Mount Vernon joining the LCL?

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I think 16 is a little too far out... You are probably not going to get Newark, Mount Vernon just joined a new league so maybe if they are unhappy, probably not going to get New Albany so now to get to 16 you are going to have to stretch to teams like Cambridge and Logan that don't have a conference... needs to do one or two at a time and stay as close to LC as possible

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

MoCoSportsGuy wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:44 pm
BobcatQB wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:48 pm

Thanks, I knew it was something like that.
I just wonder if thats binding? Good principle if the school could be held to it.

Return to “Football”