Funny or inspiring Football Story's

mattash
Site Admin

Funny or inspiring Football Story's

Post by mattash »

We need a topic for football story's. Share your memory and let's have fun with this thread.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Re: Funny or inspiring Football Story's

Post by mattash »

1998 my Junior year at Symmes Valley. Herb Conley (State Champion from Ashland Ky, wishbone and 4/4) was the coach and current Coach Webb the D coordinator at the time. Our final game of the season was against New Miami in Cincinnati Ohio and we were going for our first non losing season in like 10 years. Well New Miami turned out to be pretty bad and we won pretty big. After the game we stayed at a hotel in Cincinnati I think. Well back then no one had cell phones and regular phones were in. The cheerleaders were teasing us all night trying to convince some of us to come over to there room knowing the coaches were in the hall. Well one of the players, trying to sleep and tired of the constant phone calls (πŸ˜†) decided to open the window of our 3rd floor hotel room and risk his life to make it to there room. Well he made it over to the next room, but it happened to be our coaches. Good thing it was the last game of the season or I'm sure there would of been some grass hits.

Michael Scott
allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

mattash wrote: ↑Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:50 pm 1998 my Junior year at Symmes Valley. Herb Conley (State Champion from Ashland Ky, wishbone and 4/4) was the coach and current Coach Webb the D coordinator at the time. Our final game of the season was against New Miami in Cincinnati Ohio and we were going for our first non losing season in like 10 years. Well New Miami turned out to be pretty bad and we won pretty big. After the game we stayed at a hotel in Cincinnati I think. Well back then no one had cell phones and regular phones were in. The cheerleaders were teasing us all night trying to convince some of us to come over to there room knowing the coaches were in the hall. Well one of the players, trying to sleep and tired of the constant phone calls (πŸ˜†) decided to open the window of our 3rd floor hotel room and risk his life to make it to there room. Well he made it over to the next room, but it happened to be our coaches. Good thing it was the last game of the season or I'm sure there would of been some grass hits.
Nice my guess is they were by the coaches for a reason.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mattash wrote: ↑Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:50 pm 1998 my Junior year at Symmes Valley. Herb Conley (State Champion from Ashland Ky, wishbone and 4/4) was the coach and current Coach Webb the D coordinator at the time. Our final game of the season was against New Miami in Cincinnati Ohio and we were going for our first non losing season in like 10 years. Well New Miami turned out to be pretty bad and we won pretty big. After the game we stayed at a hotel in Cincinnati I think. Well back then no one had cell phones and regular phones were in. The cheerleaders were teasing us all night trying to convince some of us to come over to there room knowing the coaches were in the hall. Well one of the players, trying to sleep and tired of the constant phone calls (πŸ˜†) decided to open the window of our 3rd floor hotel room and risk his life to make it to there room. Well he made it over to the next room, but it happened to be our coaches. Good thing it was the last game of the season or I'm sure there would of been some grass hits.
Didn't I see this play out on a movie?? LOL. So it's my senior year and we're winning big, I get the play call and head back to the huddle. Once I get to the huddle everyone is laughing and carrying on, I asked what the heck is going on. Look over and one of my lineman is bent over all red faced, holding himself just yelling over and over he stepped on my b@lls, he stepped on my b@lls, oh my gosh he stepped on my b@lls. I just busted out laughing

Probably one of the more inspiring story's was the Waverly and Northwest game back in the early 2000s, when Waverly stepped aside and let that young man from Northwest score a touchdown from like 50 yard run. Just happened to do a search and found this link on the story.
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread2913/pg1

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Back in 1987 Jackson was atrocious but had a last chance and tried an onside kick. The kicker whiffed on the attempt....

Then went on to be a very well known Ohio State Buckeye....he was Brutus for 4 years

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

greygoose wrote: ↑Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:33 pm
Didn't I see this play out on a movie?? LOL. So it's my senior year and we're winning big, I get the play call and head back to the huddle. Once I get to the huddle everyone is laughing and carrying on, I asked what the heck is going on. Look over and one of my lineman is bent over all red faced, holding himself just yelling over and over he stepped on my b@lls, he stepped on my b@lls, oh my gosh he stepped on my b@lls. I just busted out laughing

Probably one of the more inspiring story's was the Waverly and Northwest game back in the early 2000s, when Waverly stepped aside and let that young man from Northwest score a touchdown from like 50 yard run. Just happened to do a search and found this link on the story.
Lol.

On the Jake story that was the first year of Seops. I think when that happened we had a thread of over 1000 post. It was super cool and probably still the best story on SEOPs

Michael Scott
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

That Jake Porter story is a tear jerker. Remember him getting up there at the ESPY Awards. The ESPY is in their trophy case. This was the first of many similar stories to follow.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mattash wrote: ↑Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:36 pm

Lol.

On the Jake story that was the first year of Seops. I think when that happened we had a thread of over 1000 post. It was super cool and probably still the best story on SEOPs
Wasn’t aware Jake transferred to Burg 8-)

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: ↑Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:46 pm

That Jake Porter story is a tear jerker. Remember him getting up there at the ESPY Awards. The ESPY is in their trophy case. This was the first of many similar stories to follow.
That's right, I forgot about the ESPY. Was a really great moment for everyone involved.

sportsfanscioto
Waterboy

Post by sportsfanscioto »

Was reading old articles about the Jake Porter story and saw this one mentioning their current coach Doug Montavon taking Jake Porter under his wing as a player. Thought that was interesting.

https://www.bridges4kids.org/articles/2 ... 10-02.html

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

sportsfanscioto wrote: ↑Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:08 am

Was reading old articles about the Jake Porter story and saw this one mentioning their current coach Doug Montavon taking Jake Porter under his wing as a player. Thought that was interesting.

https://www.bridges4kids.org/articles/2 ... 10-02.html
Never got to meet Coach DeWitt, but Dave France is a top notch person.

one Oak
JV Team

Post by one Oak »

In the late 90's Oak Hill traveled to River High School in Hannibal, Ohio for a Saturday afternoon game. Both teams were having good seasons and there was a good crowd with somewhat of a playoff like atmosphere. There was a lot of cheering and balloons were released just prior to kick off. Unfortunately, there is a cemetery just beyond the north end zone. All the cheering and the release of balloons was occurring while a burial was taking place.

Return to β€œFootball”