New Coal Grove Coach???

pistol
Freshman Team

Re: New Coal Grove Coach???

Post by pistol »

If I looked at the numbers correctly, Fairland is now the second smallest in the OVC?

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

2trap_4ever wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:30 pm New number have the Hornets in D VII. I would like to stay there but we will probably get bumped back up to D VI. What say my fellow Grovers, which division would you like to see the Hornets in next year: D VI or D VII?
D7 for sure.
CG needs to think hard about going independent or leaving the OVC if playoff football is their hopes. With 9 of 10 games being against D5 or D4 teams chances of playoffs are less due to wins are much more important than the size of the school you lost too. CG last year would have needed to be 7-3 to make the playoffs . Possible at 6-4 if things played out perfectly. Grandville is the only playoff team last year with a similar schedule but they still played 2 D6/7 schools to CG's 1 which was Valley.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

CGFAN#1 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:51 am
2trap_4ever wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:30 pm New number have the Hornets in D VII. I would like to stay there but we will probably get bumped back up to D VI. What say my fellow Grovers, which division would you like to see the Hornets in next year: D VI or D VII?
D7 for sure.
CG needs to think hard about going independent or leaving the OVC if playoff football is their hopes. With 9 of 10 games being against D5 or D4 teams chances of playoffs are less due to wins are much more important than the size of the school you lost too. CG last year would have needed to be 7-3 to make the playoffs . Possible at 6-4 if things played out perfectly. Grandville is the only playoff team last year with a similar schedule but they still played 2 D6/7 schools to CG's 1 which was Valley.
CG is fine in the OVC, you guys okayed for a regional title in 17. No one in the OVC is to big for the Hornets.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:34 am
CGFAN#1 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:51 am
D7 for sure.
CG is fine in the OVC, you guys okayed for a regional title in 17. No one in the OVC is to big for the Hornets.
I hope you are right. CG has a proud history of playing up to bigger schools and that must continue to make playoffs. Adding Gallia. Portsmouth and Ironton to the OVC did make things harder. Playoff example is the top 4 D6 regional playoff seeds CG was in averaged 7 games against D6/7 schools versus our 1. I would like that schedule.

Return to “Football”