In a few short days the grass fields will be cut and painted
The turf fields will be manicured
All lights will be checked
Bleachers will be cleaned and ready for the fans to set

1,000 of players and coaches will slowly head to their locker rooms
While millions of fans will be standing in ticket lines
all waiting for the game we all love and long to see played

Before all of this gets started
I want to take the time to say thanks to all of those players, coaches, cheer leaders, refs ,concession stand workers and those working the gates to say thanks you for all that you do.

To the coaches, what you do takes more time then we all understand and on top of that many of you go the extra mile to mold these young men into not only better players but better young men and even more you go another mile to help them get into college.

To the younger players take things slow and listen not only to your coaches but to those players, who take the time to teach and explain things to you. They have been there and done that and when they are willing to share, make sure you give them 100% of your attention.

Most of all to the seniors
I am guessing this season has come a lot faster than you ever thought it would.
I know it is cliche to say, enjoy every practice, take one play at a time but this season it really is right on point.
When you take the field on opening night suck it all in and enjoy the moment because this is the last time you get to enjoy an opening night at this level.
You young men have endure a lot of ups and downs along the way and those memories will stay with you a lifetime. The good, the bad, the ugly and heartbreaks that go along with this great game you have played.

Take the time to help your teammates and leave a great impression on those, who are younger and hoping to build on all that you and your classmates have built.

In closing I hope everyone of you seniors really live the "I AM GIVING 100% ON EVERY PLAY, BECAUSE IT COULD BE YOUR LAST PLAY" because for many of you after this is it will be.
To those who are hoping to play at the next level, you to really need to live that and give as much as possible and never forget those, who helped you along the way.
As good as you are if not or your coaches and teammates this ride would have never been what it was.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Re: 2017 Thank you seniors

Post by Stone Cold »

Well said !

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....

Return to “Football”