D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by Poo Bear »

packers80 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:52 pm If Jackson really had all those d1 players, shame on them for not winning a state title yet.
Don’t listen to that crap Man. 10 D1 players is Horse crap!

They have at least 15

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:12 pm
packers80 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:52 pm If Jackson really had all those d1 players, shame on them for not winning a state title yet.
Don’t listen to that crap Man. 10 D1 players is Horse crap!

They have at least 15
Soon to be 20 poo. Ironmen own this thread. As for state titles with this group we should rule the region and finally see state. Don’t let my bias let you all form hate. Instead get behind these super talented SEOPS. All b.s. aside they are really legitimate and are going to be the talk of SEOPS for a long time but don’t just take my word for it come out and watch us play and you decide. The guys from burg already commented on their size and the strength next year will be overwhelming. The offensive line has some young brutes 300lb that can move heck we even have a 300lb runningback. Ironton will get the first taste next year so y’all get your butts out and come watch next years preseason 1 and 2. I would put them both at 1 until we had out a couple quarters.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Western Brown Qb is areas only d1 recruit quarterback

Yes I am an awesome poster! Thanks.

Burg coaching or lack of we should say cost them the title and the other distractions added to it. I am going to put blame squarely on the offensive coordinator. Playing from behind kills their whole scheme. Holden was not even used,come on coach.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

allamericanironman wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:07 pm Western Brown Qb is areas only d1 recruit quarterback

Burg coaching or lack of we should say cost them the title and the other distractions added to it. I am going to put blame squarely on the offensive coordinator. Playing from behind kills their whole scheme. Holden was not even used,come on coach.
Ouch....don't slam your own coach. Remember....Burg has owned Jackson. Be careful.

allamericanironman
All Conference

ravensfan09 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:16 am
allamericanironman wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:07 pm Western Brown Qb is areas only d1 recruit quarterback

Ouch....don't slam your own coach. Remember....Burg has owned Jackson. Be careful.
The burg reference was vs. Johnstown. But since you went there Jackson should have ran it vs. burg last year as they were not as good against the run. Burg owned everyone last couple years.

Yikes
Riding the Bench

Post by Yikes »

ravensfan09 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:35 am
greygoose wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:56 am I think this topic should've read more like, 2019 Senior Class SEO players who will be going D1 or receiving a scholarship would've been a more appropriate choice for this topic. Some people make it just to broad when you said football prospects, I mean when someone mentions 7th and 8th graders, lol. So basically who in this upcoming senior class is garnering looks for a full ride scholarship?? Mathews from burg, possibly, Parker from Trojans, Wilburn from Nelsonville York. I know he's outside the SEO area but did the QB for Western Brown get any offers?? Looking at his stats he totaled just over 4000 yards of offense, 23 passing Tds and 11 rushing Tds to go with just 8 INt's.
Not sure on the QB from Western Brown. Did the Bohem(?) Kid from Portsmouth get any serious D1 offers?
Boehm signed with West Virginia State University not too long ago

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

ravensfan09 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:16 am

Yes and Jackson has owned most others around here. I could list them but would take all day

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Nice to hear the young man has an oppurtunity to continue his Football life, best of luck at West Virginia State!

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:44 am
burgfella69 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:12 am
Poo Bear wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:30 pm

The johnnies had the blueprint to beat burg
nah, burg had the blueprint to beat burg. I'm not making excuses and maybe johnstown wins anyway but burg shot themselves in the foot so many times that game and that's a fact.
LOL, don't know why we're rehashing this game under this thread but I'll play for a post or 2. Burg NEVER shot themselves in the foot, that would mean they had self inflicted game play that cost them the win. They didn't turn it over, they weren't overly flagged, they didn't go dropping passes. None of it was self-inflicted unless you are referring to being outcoached, which this was one of the rare games they were thoroughly outcoached. Burg had countless number of 3 and outs and didn't top that 100 yard mark until that 3rd quarter I do believe, and after the 1st drive of the game for the Johnnies I don't know that burg forced another 3 and out on the Johnnies the rest of the way. Time of Possession was so lopsided that it's easy to see who won and why they won. Burg wanted to play a east/west style of game play a against a team that was smaller and faster to where that style played right into their hands. Don't make excuses for a loss, the Johnnies just flat out beat burg in every aspect of that game from the 2nd drive of each team on till the scoreboard read zero's. Honestly there's nothing wrong with taking a loss that late into the post season but do it with some dignity and class. It's so hard to replicate the success of the 2017 season and people tend to forget this was a state semifinal game not some 1st or 2nd round loss, absolutely nothing to hand their heads about.
didn't see this until now, but yeah, I was referring to throwing the ball every down instead of running it straight at Johnstown like Orville did.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Yikes wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:21 am
ravensfan09 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:35 am
greygoose wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:56 am I think this topic should've read more like, 2019 Senior Class SEO players who will be going D1 or receiving a scholarship would've been a more appropriate choice for this topic. Some people make it just to broad when you said football prospects, I mean when someone mentions 7th and 8th graders, lol. So basically who in this upcoming senior class is garnering looks for a full ride scholarship?? Mathews from burg, possibly, Parker from Trojans, Wilburn from Nelsonville York. I know he's outside the SEO area but did the QB for Western Brown get any offers?? Looking at his stats he totaled just over 4000 yards of offense, 23 passing Tds and 11 rushing Tds to go with just 8 INt's.
Not sure on the QB from Western Brown. Did the Bohem(?) Kid from Portsmouth get any serious D1 offers?
Boehm signed with West Virginia State University not too long ago
Thats awesome. Glad to hear he is continuing his career. Maybe he will join their swim team!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

burgfella69 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:35 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:44 am
burgfella69 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:12 am

nah, burg had the blueprint to beat burg. I'm not making excuses and maybe johnstown wins anyway but burg shot themselves in the foot so many times that game and that's a fact.
LOL, don't know why we're rehashing this game under this thread but I'll play for a post or 2. Burg NEVER shot themselves in the foot, that would mean they had self inflicted game play that cost them the win. They didn't turn it over, they weren't overly flagged, they didn't go dropping passes. None of it was self-inflicted unless you are referring to being outcoached, which this was one of the rare games they were thoroughly outcoached. Burg had countless number of 3 and outs and didn't top that 100 yard mark until that 3rd quarter I do believe, and after the 1st drive of the game for the Johnnies I don't know that burg forced another 3 and out on the Johnnies the rest of the way. Time of Possession was so lopsided that it's easy to see who won and why they won. Burg wanted to play a east/west style of game play a against a team that was smaller and faster to where that style played right into their hands. Don't make excuses for a loss, the Johnnies just flat out beat burg in every aspect of that game from the 2nd drive of each team on till the scoreboard read zero's. Honestly there's nothing wrong with taking a loss that late into the post season but do it with some dignity and class. It's so hard to replicate the success of the 2017 season and people tend to forget this was a state semifinal game not some 1st or 2nd round loss, absolutely nothing to hand their heads about.
didn't see this until now, but yeah, I was referring to throwing the ball every down instead of running it straight at Johnstown like Orville did.
Johnstown's pint sized QB was quicker than a cat and was a Houdini when it came to ball control, hurry up and time management. That's what won them the game. Nobody expected what happened that night. That's what makes high school football great.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Are there any D1 prospects in the South Central district? Looks like only a few from Southeast Ohio.

phstrojans1111
Riding the Bench

Post by phstrojans1111 »

Portsmouth OL Colin Boehm committed to West Virginia St , but last week received an offer from MAC Ohio U

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

phstrojans1111 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:29 am Portsmouth OL Colin Boehm committed to West Virginia St , but last week received an offer from MAC Ohio U
Thats awesome!! He accept the offer at OU?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

phstrojans1111 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:29 am Portsmouth OL Colin Boehm committed to West Virginia St , but last week received an offer from MAC Ohio U
Wow, that's really late in the process to be sending out offers to a senior given how close we are to signing day. Have to wonder if they had a player either A back out or B they are asking him to come on as a preferred walk-on. Either way best of luck

phstrojans1111
Riding the Bench

Post by phstrojans1111 »

no , ohio offered full scholarship
https://twitter.com/Colin_Boehm75

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

phstrojans1111 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:07 am no , ohio offered full scholarship
https://twitter.com/Colin_Boehm75
Did he accept the offer or decide to stay at WV State?

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

Very few

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Congratulations to Waverly’s Easton Wolfe.
Committed to Southern Illinois...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

smurray wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:13 pm Congratulations to Waverly’s Easton Wolfe.
Committed to Southern Illinois...
Nice

Return to “Football”