Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by packers80 »

Matthews

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Davis is a sophomore Jackson will have his pick.
Bragg freshman receiver should have the size.
If ice Junior q.v. works hard enough needs to put on 15 to 20lbs. I would put his arm strength (fastball) against any d1 recruit his release is great.
Parks has ability but 2 inches and 20 lbs every school in the country would be recruiting.

Good thing is they are all back for 2019 to get bigger faster stronger

Davis will be a monster if he works hard enough his daddy started as a freshman at OU

An 8th grader and 7th grader should both be legit d1

Sunoco
Riding the Bench

Post by Sunoco »

allamericanironman wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:58 pm Davis is a sophomore Jackson will have his pick.
If ice Junior q.v. works hard enough needs to put on 15 to 20lbs. I would put his arm strength (fastball) against any d1 recruit his release is great.
Parks has ability but 2 inches and 20 lbs every school in the country would be recruiting.

Davis will be a monster if he works hard enough his daddy started as a freshman at OU

Davis is probably the only current varsity player that has the best opportunity but still needs to get bigger and faster. Bragg wants to play baseball, Parks unfortunately doesn't have the size but could wrestle at the next level. Icenhower is a great young man but being only 5'10" will hurt his chances. Another player that will be interesting to watch over the next couple of years is Tristan Prater. Not sure yet on him but his brother did play at Northwestern. As for the two junior high kids they both have the potential but time will tell.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

allamericanironman wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:58 pm Davis is a sophomore Jackson will have his pick.

Are all these kids in just the Jackson program?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Sunoco wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:43 am

Davis is probably the only current varsity player that has the best opportunity but still needs to get bigger and faster. Bragg wants to play baseball, Parks unfortunately doesn't have the size but could wrestle at the next level. Icenhower is a great young man but being only 5'10" will hurt his chances. Another player that will be interesting to watch over the next couple of years is Tristan Prater. Not sure yet on him but his brother did play at Northwestern. As for the two junior high kids they both have the potential but time will tell.
Well said

allamericanironman
All Conference

packers80 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:51 am

Are all these kids in just the Jackson program?
Yes so in the near future 3 and 4 d1 recruits on the field for the next several years. They are just babies now and monsters.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Hopefully the d1 college team in Jackson can win a playoff game soon because it sounds like they have the players.

allamericanironman
All Conference

packers80 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:24 am Hopefully the d1 college team in Jackson can win a playoff game soon because it sounds like they have the players.
Out of all the guys I mentioned all but 1 are homegrown Ironmen. Yes they will be very fun to watch. It is gonna be a run for the record books I have never seen such developed young guys. We have a darn good set of coaches. Father and son both know how to get the best out of them. Both are elites and have an eye for developing talent and getting it where it needs to go. Getting the young guys ready to play is in my opinion one of the things they do best!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

packers80 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:24 am Hopefully the d1 college team in Jackson can win a playoff game soon because it sounds like they have the players.
Wheelersburg had a small taste of d3 playoff football with Bishop Hartley . Howd that workout for ya ?

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Not sure what your getting at. Was commenting on the fact you have a lot of d1 talent upcoming, hope it equates to some playoff wins finally. Yes burg played d3, and it benefited them, nobody else here local has the stones to schedule Hartley, including Jackson. Schedule Hartley instead of d5 schools you should beat but dont. With Jackson's school size and talent, they should run the table around here and get a playoff win,but they don't.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Another thing, they don't develop talent or use it correctly. How do you have a school that size that is so ground oriented? Can not one kid out of the whole student body throw the ball? If so, then why don't they? Jackson screws themselves at least a couple times a year with the run heavy offense, they get behind by a couple scores and their done.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Jackson will roll the next few years around here, but hell, they should every year. They've under achieved for a few years now.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

packers80 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:24 pm Jackson will roll the next few years around here, but hell, they should every year. They've under achieved for a few years now.

My point is D3 region 11 is brutal. No gimme in D3. As burg found out

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Sure it's brutal, no playoff game is a gimme. We all know that, schedule up u bit and it'll help.

Ema
Riding the Bench

Post by Ema »

RILEY STARNS Gallia Academy 6'6 290 sophomores tackle

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

packers80 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:45 pm Sure it's brutal, no playoff game is a gimme. We all know that, schedule up u bit and it'll help.
I don’t disagree

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Jackson has a wealth of talent, would like to see them put it together for southern ohio. As an outsider I'd like to see them be more diverse and use their talent, they short change themselves.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

packers80 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:58 pm Jackson has a wealth of talent, would like to see them put it together for southern ohio. As an outsider I'd like to see them be more diverse and use their talent, they short change themselves.

See I would like to see em line up and smash people . Like Johnstown did . It’s a helpless feeling when you know where the ball is going and can’t do a darn thing about it

Return to “Football”