D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

4-27-19

Reid Carrico got offers from LSU and Michigan today.

4-28-19 - Offer from Florida State
4-30-19 - Offer from Purdue
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Wed May 01, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BillC
Riding the Bench

Post by BillC »

Nothing against any of these kids who have been mentioned....but there is a huge difference in “offers”.
Ask any coach and they’ll tell you there are Offers that are committable offers (ones that are serious and a kid can commit right then and there) and Uncommittable offers (ones that mean absolutely nothing other than a school is interested). Any university can pass out as many of these as they please at any time to any kid. That is why you will see a school offering 15 QBs, or 15 Centers, or whatever position. There’s no way all of those kids can commit to that school. They may hand out 15 offeres in one grade but they will still pick one kid to make a serious committable offer to. I know nothing about the kid at Ironton, and wish him nothing but success, but I promise you that his offers at that age mean nothing except those schools are very interested and want to see how he develops in his Jr and Sr year.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

BillC wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:49 pm Nothing against any of these kids who have been mentioned....but there is a huge difference in “offers”.
Ask any coach and they’ll tell you there are Offers that are committable offers (ones that are serious and a kid can commit right then and there) and Uncommittable offers (ones that mean absolutely nothing other than a school is interested). Any university can pass out as many of these as they please at any time to any kid. That is why you will see a school offering 15 QBs, or 15 Centers, or whatever position. There’s no way all of those kids can commit to that school. They may hand out 15 offeres in one grade but they will still pick one kid to make a serious committable offer to. I know nothing about the kid at Ironton, and wish him nothing but success, but I promise you that his offers at that age mean nothing except those schools are very interested and want to see how he develops in his Jr and Sr year.

Sorry to be seem out of sorts but what turd thing to say

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:50 pm
BillC wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:49 pm Nothing against any of these kids who have been mentioned....but there is a huge difference in “offers”.

I get it. It seems silly to mention every offer that has been offered. Most know they aren’t hard offers but Carrico is a four star recruit. He’s going to be playing at a high level D1. Hes got a big decision to make. From what I’ve heard College football is tough. I was just speaking to a dad today that has a son at a major D1 program and some of the things they have them do is astounding. Things I’d never think of.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

wobycat wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:01 pm

I get it. It seems silly to mention every offer that has been offered. Most know they aren’t hard offers but Carrico is a four star recruit. He’s going to be playing at a high level D1. Hes got a big decision to make. From what I’ve heard College football is tough. I was just speaking to a dad today that has a son at a major D1 program and some of the things they have them do is astounding. Things I’d never think of.

Even at D3 , any level of college football is a grind and only the hardcore make it

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

If you don't like it scroll on past it instead of reading it, pretty simple. He has a Coach that played at a high level D1 school, I'm sure he's advising him well.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:08 pm

If you don't like it scroll on past it instead of reading it, pretty simple. He has a Coach that played at a high level D1 school, I'm sure he's advising him well.
You’re kind of sensitive to it. No one said anything bad about it.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Of course offers are out there, its great news for the young man, it is showing interest in his skills that matters at this step, the schools will eventually cut back on thier interest list, as well as the young man himself. Its a process, and it gets longer as the NCAA has allowed more and more contacts to younger kids. Bottom line, he is being listed as a four star recruit on many recruiting rating systems............Division one programs will be all over him.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

So back on topic. Let’s actually list all the D1 prospects.

Nelsonville - Wilburn
Ironton - carrico, possibly Salyers
Burg - Matthews, possibly Richardson
Parker- Portsmouth
Starns and pleasant- Gallia Academy
Wolfe - waverly
Compliment- coal grove
Icenhower - Jackson

Might be missing a few. Maybe one of these athletes can find themselves on a roster one day. Always good.

GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

I saw on FB that 2018 OL Eastern (Pike) graduate Dalton Tomlison has accepted a full ride to UMass. I know he's been gone for a year playing JuCo football in Iowa, but this is big news for the Beaver community considering how young their program is. Congratulations!

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

wobycat wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:11 pm So back on topic. Let’s actually list all the D1 prospects.

Nelsonville - Wilburn
Parker- Portsmouth
Wolfe - waverly
Compliment- coal grove
Icenhower - Jackson

Might be missing a few. Maybe one of these athletes can find themselves on a roster one day. Always good.
I like how three schools down it flips. Never heard of Parker high, or wolfe high LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: Just razzing ya! A lot of great local talent coming out of SEO!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

OSU22 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:52 am
wobycat wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:11 pm So back on topic. Let’s actually list all the D1 prospects.

Nelsonville - Wilburn
Parker- Portsmouth
Wolfe - waverly
Compliment- coal grove
Icenhower - Jackson

I like how three schools down it flips. Never heard of Parker high, or wolfe high LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: Just razzing ya! A lot of great local talent coming out of SEO!
Good catch. That was probably the point I was going back in thread to figure out all the names mentioned.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Trust me,most of these schools that have offered Carrico would sign him up today if they could.

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Post by caldwellbasketball »

Sheridan sophomore linebacker Shay Taylor (6'3 210) was on the sideline for the Michigan State spring game. Great player with major D1 interest. His recruitment will explode very soon as he plays for a great program and will be in the spotlight.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Trent Salyers from Burg is headed to Valparaiso. D1 FCS

Congrats to Mr. Salyers

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

wobycat wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 11:38 am Trent Salyers from Burg is headed to Valparaiso. D1 FCS

Congrats to Mr. Salyers
Congrats to Trent Salyers.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to Trent Salyers, well deserved.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

Matthews from Wheelersburg visit to Toledo
Attachments
423694AD-892B-4775-989A-287FD44C210E.jpeg
2EC2BED8-5247-4A03-BA2E-A6CEBA757CCA.jpeg

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

bfry wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 1:12 pm Matthews from Wheelersburg visit to Toledo
Mathews is a dynamic playmaker. He and Parker from Ptown are definitely game breakers.

BillC
Riding the Bench

Post by BillC »

Bowling Green, Toledo, OU, have all made visits to Jackson to visit with Icenhower and Spires. Harvard coming tomorrow.

Return to “Football”