Chasing Ghosts: The Haunting of Ironton football

ManitouDan2
SE

Re: Chasing Ghosts: The Haunting of Ironton football

Post by ManitouDan2 »

The jeanie is out of the bottle and the aura of big bad Ironton is no longer there , they are just another team at this point in history.

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

I'm from franklin furnace and I hope ironton the best Saturday night against wheelersburg and I hope ironton wins

SOC 1
BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:19 pm The biggest problem at Ironton is that everyone lives in the past. These kids need a fan base that will let them create a future for this program.
They need coaches who understand how to reach today's youth.
Quit trying to compare this group of kids to the teams of 20, 30, 40 years ago.
FACTS!

BTWN_THE_LINE
BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

osu 77 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:37 am Get a big broom out in the coaching office. Don't you think Wheelersburg and Ashland have lost students?
They need coaches unattached to the past regimes. All new start.

BTWN_THE_LINE
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Here is the thing with Ironton....they are still Ironton. Even if Ironton was winless, if Ironton was on Nelsonville-York's schedule, I would make every effort to be at that game. This would be a big time matchup for me no matter the records of the two schools. I can't say the same for many other nonconference opponents.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:08 pm
BubbleGum Tiger wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:01 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:19 pm The biggest problem at Ironton is that everyone lives in the past. These kids need a fan base that will let them create a future for this program.
They need coaches who understand how to reach today's youth.
Quit trying to compare this group of kids to the teams of 20, 30, 40 years ago.

no not everyone lives in the past my friend.........you are totally wrong on that assumption.......
Then how come that's all we ever hear about from Ironton posters....... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
dream on ol buddy.....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:56 pm Here is the thing with Ironton....they are still Ironton. Even if Ironton was winless, if Ironton was on Nelsonville-York's schedule, I would make every effort to be at that game. This would be a big time matchup for me no matter the records of the two schools. I can't say the same for many other nonconference opponents.

maybe if'n them cocky burgites drop us. we can start the bucks/tiger series back up. we was just as cocky in the day when we were using the burg to mop the floor with. now the tide's turned. I'm not offended by burg posters. they are top dog now in this series, but not by the overall record. let's hope this series gets back to what it was. last second thrilling wins n losses.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

I agree bait I want a close game going down to the wire I will be @ the tank this Saturday night

SOC 1
tiger59
Riding the Bench

Post by tiger59 »

Why does Ironton need excuses every year? I don't see Burg having to do that. Has this coaching staff ever beat Burg

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

bout that time gang.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I've seen one game in my life in Tanks Stadium. Great venue. I understand the pride that resides in that community. You can't write the history of SE Ohio football without talking about Ironton. Go Tigers!

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Better to have a proud, storied history to chase the future with than no history to remember.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

loganlocos wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:10 pm Better to have a proud, storied history to chase the future with than no history to remember.
Now that is good

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

tiger59 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:36 pm Why does Ironton need excuses every year? I don't see Burg having to do that. Has this coaching staff ever beat Burg
Yes twice once with a Lewis kid running the ball and the other is when Burg got beat by almost everyone on their schedule.
The problem I have they have never one a ball game that the other team was favored. Also every year that you go back on you can say that was good season they did better than expected.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the thing about ironton football at least under bob lutz was. it wasn't just a year here, a year there. it was four decades of dominance.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

but I understand, that don't feed the bulldog now.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:03 pm the thing about ironton football at least under bob lutz was. it wasn't just a year here, a year there. it was four decades of dominance.
I'm with ya Bait but don't get cocky! :lol:

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

NO WORRIES MATE.

ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

All I read was a bunch of excuses.

The major problem with Ironton football right now is a coaching staff that is ignorant of how to motivate the kids and ignorant of how to actually coach football.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

The old Ironton football patriarchy has eclipsed their shelf life. The current staff is a trickle down of outdated philosophy and whilst deserving of their respect as well as an acknowledgement of noble intention, it is time to move on.

The transition to a spread offense is not a bad idea generally speaking however it is an act of desperation here more than an intrinsic shift in offensive philosophy. It looks manufactured as opposed to organic and it is reflective of a staff anxious to adopt solutions as opposed to constructing a true team identity that results from the implementation of a signature culture.

This program attempts to feed intraveneously off the leftovers from the Lutz regime and this is a fundamental mistake at Ironton.

Should they ever aspire to rise again they must first be willing to lift their anchor.

BTWN_THE_LINE

Return to “Football”