Jackson Ironmen 2019

allamericanironman
All Conference

Re: Jackson Ironmen 2019

Post by allamericanironman »

I am sure we can go a lot deeper into why this season will be the return to glory. We should be a consensus #1 preseason SEOPS. 10-0 season is very possible. I could see a 9-1 but that would really disappoint me. I’m not just blowin smoke they will have more firepower on offense and the defense should mimic the Southern Storm from the 90s. I’ve actually got goosebumps typing this out. I’ve waited 20 years for these guys to suit up for the red and white. It’s gonna be a 5 year run with years 3 4 and 5 of the run I can see a state finals and who knows mabye a title.

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

goblue1395 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:18 pm
veer wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:58 pm
goblue1395 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:06 pm Jackson is definitely the overwhelming favorite to win the FAC next season. Chillicothe loses a lot, WCH has some talent returning but their QB transferred back to Pickerington during Week 10. This leaves them with no viable option at the QB position unless they get a transfer. Hillsboro will be way down next season, Miami Trace will still be down, and Greenfield doesn't have a whole lot after Mischal, whom i doubt plays next season. I feel like Jackson wins the Gold football for finishing undefeated in the league and WCH/Chilli battle it out for 2nd place. Interesting story in Jackson next season is the QB position. Does Coach Hall let Icenhower finish his career at QB, or does the incoming freshman from River Valley take over the ropes next season?
WCH loses all of their athletes. They will not be good unless they get in a few transfers..which they have been good about getting transfers.. but they didnt even field a JV team most weeks.

Hillsboro returns 4 guys up front and one of their RB's. They wont be as bad as you think. No where near this seasons team, but competitive. I do think Jackson is the favorite, but it may be a toss up for 2nd in the league with Chilly losing the guys they have.
Some, not all. Still Return All-District RB Jamie McCane, probably 5-6 starters on Defense, 2 starting WR's and 3 OL I believe. Without any transfers, WCH could still be a playoff team next season.
WCH lost 95% of their offense to graduation and the QB transferring away.....and their two best defensive players up front. You are going to be surprised of the drop off.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

allamericanironman wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:07 pm I am sure we can go a lot deeper into why this season will be the return to glory. We should be a consensus #1 preseason SEOPS. 10-0 season is very possible. I could see a 9-1 but that would really disappoint me. I’m not just blowin smoke they will have more firepower on offense and the defense should mimic the Southern Storm from the 90s. I’ve actually got goosebumps typing this out. I’ve waited 20 years for these guys to suit up for the red and white. It’s gonna be a 5 year run with years 3 4 and 5 of the run I can see a state finals and who knows mabye a title.
Lol, you don't have to go back to the 90's my man for a great defense, shutout a good Burg team just several years back. And speaking of Burg I would stick to that 9-1 prediction of yours for the Ironmen if you know what I mean on that one loss ;)

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

allamericanironman wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:07 pm I am sure we can go a lot deeper into why this season will be the return to glory. We should be a consensus #1 preseason SEOPS. 10-0 season is very possible. I could see a 9-1 but that would really disappoint me. I’m not just blowin smoke they will have more firepower on offense and the defense should mimic the Southern Storm from the 90s. I’ve actually got goosebumps typing this out. I’ve waited 20 years for these guys to suit up for the red and white. It’s gonna be a 5 year run with years 3 4 and 5 of the run I can see a state finals and who knows mabye a title.
You do realize you lost by 31 to a team that had zero shot in region 11. Next year Region 11 is Desales, Hartley, Eastmoor, Bellefontaine, and probably Watterson. Zanesville will probably be good

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:45 pm
Lol, you don't have to go back to the 90's my man for a great defense, shutout a good Burg team just several years back. And speaking of Burg I would stick to that 9-1 prediction of yours for the Ironmen if you know what I mean on that one loss ;)

Jackson has several tough games next year including last ever game vs Wellston that will be rocking . Athens is a perennial D3 playoff team . Old Rival logan will have a new coach and will look to restore the glory . Burg game speaks for itself . League foes Courthouse, Hillsboro and Chillicothe are always scraps . The season has already started in the weight room. Who will work hard at 630 am when no one cheering .

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

It’s never been easy to play in region11. It’s the hardest region in the state. But Jackson will have a group to compete. I hope they take everyone’s negativity and turn it into fuel for their fire.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
allamericanironman
All Conference

Poo Bear wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:43 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:45 pm

Jackson has several tough games next year including last ever game vs Wellston that will be rocking . Athens is a perennial D3 playoff team . Old Rival logan will have a new coach and will look to restore the glory . Burg game speaks for itself . League foes Courthouse, Hillsboro and Chillicothe are always scraps . The season has already started in the weight room. Who will work hard at 630 am when no one cheering .
My brother we all know who’s gonna work harder. I’m more worried about going to wch than burg. Unless burg gets a few recruits anyone that says they are gonna be on same level is dreaming or not reaching higher. Really didn’t want to start that now but let’s all be honest we will be better burg worse. Now we can debate reasons why all day. I am not blowing smoke and would not be on here but I have waited a long time for this! 2019 is just the start of the run really!

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

Probably over hyped like last year!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Slothman wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:35 pm Probably over hyped like last year!
Hmmm. Jackson replaced the entire line and a 1500 yard back and still won a league title and made the playoffs .
For some schools that’s a dream season.

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

With a three county all star team , not bad I guess!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Slothman wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:52 pm With a three county all star team , not bad I guess!
Just wait and see who’s coming next

allamericanironman
All Conference

No weak links! The suspense is killing the haters!

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

Doesn’t bother me that they get transfers, open enrollment is allowed and can be manipulated. That’s fine.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Slothman wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:16 pm Doesn’t bother me that they get transfers, open enrollment is allowed and can be manipulated. That’s fine.
To be truthful it kinda bothers me but open enrollment now it’s more acceptable. Back in the day it was despised but a college scholarship could be worth 100000$ colleges want players that win programs that win those players get picked first.

We are in it to win it and will recruit with the best of them.

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

These posts are amazing. I can't tell who is really serious. I can tell you the only way to measure your strength is to get out of southern Ohio. Football above the Lancaster-Dixon line is much different.

Good luck to you guys.

allamericanironman
All Conference

toldya wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:52 pm These posts are amazing. I can't tell who is really serious. I can tell you the only way to measure your strength is to get out of southern Ohio. Football above the Lancaster-Dixon line is much different.

Good luck to you guys.
Yankee Doodle Dandy heard ya feel ya toldya
You too are awaiting the 2019 recruits! How dare us inbreds down here compete for titles.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Is Jackson playing Hamilton Township, Granville, or Zanesville? Maybe Columbus Hartley? Dublin Scioto would be a good matchup too.
Last edited by ravensfan09 on Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

allamericanironman
All Conference

JACKSON
8/31/2019 H Wellston (SAT) d5
9/6/2019 A Athens d3
9/13/2019 H Logan, OH d2
9/20/2019 A Mount Orab Western Brown d2
9/27/2019 H Wheelersburg d5?
10/4/2019 H Greenfield McClain d4
10/11/2019 A Washington CH Washington d4
10/18/2019 A Washington CH Miami Trace d3
10/25/2019 A Hillsboro d3
11/1/2019 H Chillicothe d2
Last edited by allamericanironman on Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

allamericanironman
All Conference

ravensfan09 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:04 pm Is Jackson playing Hamilton Township, Granville, or Zanesville? Maybe Columbus Hartley? Dublin Scioto would be a good matchup too.

Or are they playing D4 and D5 schools?
We are back in a real conference now we should not be tested till week 11 and should have a home game.

3 D2
3 D3
2 D4
2 D5

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Why is a big D3 playing D4 and D5 schools? That may be the reason week 11 is always so difficult.

Return to “Football”