Jackson Ironmen 2019

Jacksonironmen2007
Waterboy

Jackson Ironmen 2019

Post by Jacksonironmen2007 »

What is the Outlook for the 2019 Ironmen
Who is returning and what's the schedule?

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Jackson Ironmen 2019

Post by greygoose »

With what they have returning and players just adjusting to the system even better, it wouldn't shock me at all to see Jackson being a 9 or 10 win team next season.

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

Jackson is definitely the overwhelming favorite to win the FAC next season. Chillicothe loses a lot, WCH has some talent returning but their QB transferred back to Pickerington during Week 10. This leaves them with no viable option at the QB position unless they get a transfer. Hillsboro will be way down next season, Miami Trace will still be down, and Greenfield doesn't have a whole lot after Mischal, whom i doubt plays next season. I feel like Jackson wins the Gold football for finishing undefeated in the league and WCH/Chilli battle it out for 2nd place. Interesting story in Jackson next season is the QB position. Does Coach Hall let Icenhower finish his career at QB, or does the incoming freshman from River Valley take over the ropes next season?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Have to be a pretty speacial frehman to overtake a senior. Especially one that’s been under center now for quite some time. Let the freshman continue to learn and watch an experienced senior run the show. That sets up another 3yr QB. Tons of talent coming back and next season should start again a run that. Could come close to the one that started in 1995.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Start of the season will be very special with the conclusion of the Jackson-Wellston series. I’m sure both communities will be out in full support with lots of pre-game festivities to enjoy.

JacksonMayor
Waterboy

Post by JacksonMayor »

One last chance to stomp a mudhole in their bottoms. I bet this will be a great game as it provides bragging rights for an extended period of time. Has there been any talk of these two matching up for one of those jamboree games?

jgrlzz
Freshman Team

Post by jgrlzz »

Check out the "FRONTIER ATHLETIC CONFERENCE SCHEDULES" thread. Has all 6 teams.

Jacksonironmen2007
Waterboy

Post by Jacksonironmen2007 »

I've heard a little talk about the freshman quarterback transfer! Does the young man really live up to the hype people are talking :?:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jacksonironmen2007 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:56 pm I've heard a little talk about the freshman quarterback transfer! Does the young man really live up to the hype people are talking :?:
Winters has special size and very good skills. He’ll compete. I won’t be surprised is he’s a starting safety.

It’s Icenhower’s job. He’s a good QB and has worked hard.

Hoping Winters grows another couple inches, but if not he still has very good high school QB size.

Jackson returns a ton of talent...headlined by 1st team all-state Brice Parks. O-line kids working hard. Backs Spires, Parks, Graham, Johnson. Wideouts Prater and hopefully Bragg. Treylan Davis could be a force as he keeps getting stronger and stronger. Evan Spires a good all-around player. Caden Humphreys a good dline kid.

Big expectations

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Agree on the expectations. It’ll be a fun ride. a game I’m looking forward to is the Athens game.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Wouldn't be shocked if they run the table. 8-2 at worst.

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

Heard Icenhower is moving back to Point, I guess his family never sold their house and was waiting for the Senior QB to graduate. I'm not sure if this is 100% but heard it from a family friend.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Even if he goes back, i see a big win in week 1. I am guessing we will be trying to make a statement to end the series.

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
Sunoco
Riding the Bench

Post by Sunoco »

I agree with the schedule being a little weak this year at least a 9-1 season. The burg game will be interesting this year. A lot of good talent returning. Over the next 3-4 years the Ironmen will be fun to watch.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

I was told that Jackson ended the series of scrimmaging NY annually. Anyone know why? :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Heard a Williams kid from NY was transferring to Jackson. Some really fast kid

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

goblue1395 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:06 pm Jackson is definitely the overwhelming favorite to win the FAC next season. Chillicothe loses a lot, WCH has some talent returning but their QB transferred back to Pickerington during Week 10. This leaves them with no viable option at the QB position unless they get a transfer. Hillsboro will be way down next season, Miami Trace will still be down, and Greenfield doesn't have a whole lot after Mischal, whom i doubt plays next season. I feel like Jackson wins the Gold football for finishing undefeated in the league and WCH/Chilli battle it out for 2nd place. Interesting story in Jackson next season is the QB position. Does Coach Hall let Icenhower finish his career at QB, or does the incoming freshman from River Valley take over the ropes next season?
WCH loses all of their athletes. They will not be good unless they get in a few transfers..which they have been good about getting transfers.. but they didnt even field a JV team most weeks.

Hillsboro returns 4 guys up front and one of their RB's. They wont be as bad as you think. No where near this seasons team, but competitive. I do think Jackson is the favorite, but it may be a toss up for 2nd in the league with Chilly losing the guys they have.

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

veer wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:58 pm
goblue1395 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:06 pm Jackson is definitely the overwhelming favorite to win the FAC next season. Chillicothe loses a lot, WCH has some talent returning but their QB transferred back to Pickerington during Week 10. This leaves them with no viable option at the QB position unless they get a transfer. Hillsboro will be way down next season, Miami Trace will still be down, and Greenfield doesn't have a whole lot after Mischal, whom i doubt plays next season. I feel like Jackson wins the Gold football for finishing undefeated in the league and WCH/Chilli battle it out for 2nd place. Interesting story in Jackson next season is the QB position. Does Coach Hall let Icenhower finish his career at QB, or does the incoming freshman from River Valley take over the ropes next season?
WCH loses all of their athletes. They will not be good unless they get in a few transfers..which they have been good about getting transfers.. but they didnt even field a JV team most weeks.

Hillsboro returns 4 guys up front and one of their RB's. They wont be as bad as you think. No where near this seasons team, but competitive. I do think Jackson is the favorite, but it may be a toss up for 2nd in the league with Chilly losing the guys they have.
Some, not all. Still Return All-District RB Jamie McCane, probably 5-6 starters on Defense, 2 starting WR's and 3 OL I believe. Without any transfers, WCH could still be a playoff team next season.

BillC
Riding the Bench

Post by BillC »

NoPain23 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:42 pm Heard Icenhower is moving back to Point, I guess his family never sold their house and was waiting for the Senior QB to graduate. I'm not sure if this is 100% but heard it from a family friend.
You heard wrong. They are not moving back. Very happy here. And their house is now sold.
Last edited by BillC on Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

The pieces are there to make another run at a league title. Each team is different. Who will step up and be leaders , will the players dedicate themselves to the weight room all off season. This team has potential but they have accomplished nothing yet .

Return to “Football”