Jamboree Scrimmage Scores Please post here

Westfan
SEOP

Re: Jamboree Scrimmage Scores Please post here

Post by Westfan »

laser breath wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:56 pm
Not sure about comparison of scrimmage but Ironton was better last year. They have major issues outside of their QB and one or two backs.

Laser
I thought they looked big and slow last year. Seemed much more athletic to me. The quarterback is good.
Last edited by Westfan on Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bassmaster-6604
Waterboy

Post by bassmaster-6604 »

I watched this game, Ironton was better on the line (both ways) West backs never had a chance to break free . West O line looked slow, but big and strong. Ironton line looked quick and athletic. Both team played good defense. West QB looked alittle off maybe because of under pressure but would run 3 yards forward then 5 yards back. Ironton QB looked good when he released the ball on time. West looked better running the ball between the tackles. Both teams should win games this year.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

You contradict your post. You said west never had a chance to break free and that irontons line was best both ways but you said west ran better between the tackles. I wasn't there so just looking for clarification.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

falcon1 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:19 pm Minford 3 Fariland 7 Varsity
Jv 7 to 7
Freshman 0 to 0
Officals looked more rusty thay the boys playing did ! Terrible calls. :oops:
I stopped to grab some BBQ from smokin' joes and heard some of it while my kids played on the playground. Sounds like everyone was pretty rusty.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

River Valley 28
South Gallia 7 Half (Varsity)

River Valley 34
South Gallia 23 Final ( Second half was mainly JV)

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

RVRaiderFan wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:24 pm River Valley 28
South Gallia 7 Half (Varsity)

River Valley 34
South Gallia 23 Final ( Second half was mainly JV)
2nd half was RV JV vs SG Varsity. Didn't know why SG didn't play any of their younger guys.

Was pretty impressed with RV. They did stop themselves a few times. The score should have been a lot worse. I didn't see any injuries for either team so that is what you want going into week 1.

I was really impressed with RVs junior high team. They got some players especially the QB and TB.

bassmaster-6604
Waterboy

Post by bassmaster-6604 »

Sorry Wobycat, I see what you are saying. LOL I should have said that west could move the ball 3-5 yards a run with the fullback and power run straight up middle, but when they ran outside or tried to pass Irontons front 4 was on the ball before the backs could get started. I seen the fullback run only 4 times and avg around 5 a carry then they would try outside or pass and lose or only gain 1 yard. Ironton couldn't run inside or outside but their line kept west off their QB and he threw well. Irontons TD was on a 10yd run but west had 3 missed tackles, best run they had all game. When west scored they replaced their QB and drove down the field running straight up the middle almost every play. West is big up front but slow they need to run up the middle. I think both teams will compete in every game and come away with a lot of wins this year

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Thanks. I did see ironton QB at preview. Good looking athlete.

Return to “Football”