1%
Washington
5%

Total votes: 113

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Which County has the best overall football

Post by Dundas »

Any of you burg fans that think the 14 team would've beaten (or kept it close) with athens... did you watch athens that year? (Serious question)

There was NO team south of 70 and east of Cincinnati that could've beaten Athens that year. I'd be surprised if more than 2 or 3 teams would've been within a running clock. Honestly. Athens went to Steubenville and put it on the big red... burg would've kept them under 30?? Hahaha that's hilarious!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Also, athens scored more points at Steubenville than any other school. Ever. But yes, Burg would've kept them under 30. Hahah

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hard to compare era's but Athens is clearly the most dominate team in it's era of all time in seo. But no school in SEO ever had that much talent and likey never will

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:54 pm Hard to compare era's but Athens is clearly the most dominate team in it's era of all time in seo. But no school in SEO ever had that much talent and likey never will
Thank goodness Week 1 is upon us and this topic will slowly drift to the bottom lol.

I am not even sure what your first sentence means. You say it is hard to compare era's but say that Athens is the most dominate team it its era (which if its era is 2014 I might be like ehh ok it's possible), but then you say lol "of all time in SEO". Which that sounds like every era forever lol and if that is the case then you are full of crap.

First of all your team didn't even win.

Let that sink in for a few seconds...I give you a few...Jeopardy Song playing.

Ok, now.

How in the world are you the greatest team ever in all the eras in SEO and you didn't win. You guys had a great team, you scored a lot of points, but at the end of the day someone else scored more. The fact you scored as many as you did and lost says something actually about not being the greatest team if you want my two cents.

You play an old Ironton or Burg team of the 70's, 80's or 90's "era" (that actually won a championship) and that would keep the ball 10 minutes on a scoring drive and only give you the ball 4 times a game and see what happens when they get just one defensive stop or turnover. Game over.

"Modern Day Millenial" era I give you your props. Athens County had the best football in 2013-2015 with Athens, Trimble and lesser extent in those years NY and Alexander.

"Baby Boomer" era goes to Scioto and Lawrence County. When Ironton was Ironton they alone win it for Lawrence Co., and Portsmouth, West, Valley and Burg in the 80's, 90's and 2000's make Scioto County the winner.

So Athens County wins for a couple years but overall I just don't see it.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:58 am
Raider6309 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:54 pm Hard to compare era's but Athens is clearly the most dominate team in it's era of all time in seo. But no school in SEO ever had that much talent and likey never will
Thank goodness Week 1 is upon us and this topic will slowly drift to the bottom lol.

I am not even sure what your first sentence means. You say it is hard to compare era's but say that Athens is the most dominate team it its era (which if its era is 2014 I might be like ehh ok it's possible), but then you say lol "of all time in SEO". Which that sounds like every era forever lol and if that is the case then you are full of crap.

First of all your team didn't even win.

Let that sink in for a few seconds...I give you a few...Jeopardy Song playing.

Ok, now.

How in the world are you the greatest team ever in all the eras in SEO and you didn't win. You guys had a great team, you scored a lot of points, but at the end of the day someone else scored more. The fact you scored as many as you did and lost says something actually about not being the greatest team if you want my two cents.

You play an old Ironton or Burg team of the 70's, 80's or 90's "era" (that actually won a championship) and that would keep the ball 10 minutes on a scoring drive and only give you the ball 4 times a game and see what happens when they get just one defensive stop or turnover. Game over.

"Modern Day Millenial" era I give you your props. Athens County had the best football in 2013-2015 with Athens, Trimble and lesser extent in those years NY and Alexander.

"Baby Boomer" era goes to Scioto and Lawrence County. When Ironton was Ironton they alone win it for Lawrence Co., and Portsmouth, West, Valley and Burg in the 80's, 90's and 2000's make Scioto County the winner.

So Athens County wins for a couple years but overall I just don't see it.
^^^^^^^ This

Return to “Football”