2019 Wheelersburg Pirates

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Re: 2019 Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by Max opinion »

fbnut wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:46 pm
Max opinion wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:17 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:01 pm

So Ironton has no 2 way players? I thought Carrico played RB and LB. He must be an astounding athlete to play both sides of the ball at the same time. No wonder he makes all the plays. He knows what's coming. 🤣😂

Boy your simple .. Let’s see if your going against the #1 line is it real necessary to have Reid run the ball ? Probably not so he will be at linebacker , the starting line goes against the starting front seven at practice ,
So no linemen go both ways?
No

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:24 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:01 pm

So Ironton has no 2 way players? I thought Carrico played RB and LB. He must be an astounding athlete to play both sides of the ball at the same time. No wonder he makes all the plays. He knows what's coming. 🤣😂

Boy your simple .. Let’s see if your going against the #1 line is it real necessary to have Reid run the ball ? Probably not so he will be at linebacker , the starting line goes against the starting front seven at practice ,
It's "you're". But I was just having a laugh. You could surely do the same. But I understand if humor is something you don't grasp. You aren't going to make a good point about scrimmages and keeping kids off the field. It's stupid.
Yes I agree 100% protecting kids from getting hurt in a meaningless game is just sooooooo stupid . College and pros coaches don’t agree with your thinking but I’m sure you k kw way more then they do , your from wheelersburg

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Max opinion wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:24 pm

It's "you're". But I was just having a laugh. You could surely do the same. But I understand if humor is something you don't grasp. You aren't going to make a good point about scrimmages and keeping kids off the field. It's stupid.
Yes I agree 100% protecting kids from getting hurt in a meaningless game is just sooooooo stupid . College and pros coaches don’t agree with your thinking but I’m sure you k kw way more then they do , your from wheelersburg
Just an opinion but after what has happened the past decade against Wheelersburg and a 6-4 season last year, I would think Ironton would want to take advantage of as many reps as possible to make sure they are hitting on all cylinders week one. Especially with some new faces in there ;)

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:29 pm

Just an opinion but after what has happened the past decade against Wheelersburg and a 6-4 season last year, I would think Ironton would want to take advantage of as many reps as possible to make sure they are hitting on all cylinders week one. Especially with some new faces in there ;)
That sounds to logical ! LOL I Guess they are just that Good this Year

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Again, it's "you're". College and pro coaches can do their own thing because they have the athletes who have been recruited or drafted. Haha. So you saying ironton has recruited the top talents in the nation and they don't need reps? These are high school KIDS. They need as many reps as possible you blithering idiot. But hey. Who cares. Burg gonna clap them cheeks AGAIN.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

You really have no idea what college coaches do because there are no scrimmages and the majority of practices are closed. Pros do play a lot if not all there starters in the preseason. I watched Russell Wilson play over a quarter in the Seahawks last scrimmage. Pat mahomes has played. Usually the next to last preseason game you will see starters go at least a half.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

And that is your opinion because you speak from a small town fans perspective as opposed to someone who knows from which they speak. 🤷‍♂️

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Blitz wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:00 am Went up to Jackson to watch the freshmen scrimmage last night. Burg won 5-0. pretty dominant performance. I remember Jacksons freshman class always being very good. The future seems bright at Burg
Yes freshmen did and burg lost 3 starters off the 8th grade team. The QB got moved up to JV, varsity with the others moving playing somewhere else. Jones (6’1)moved from wide receiver to QB and looked good for his first game against 11 defenders rushing him. The whole team played well and team ball, flying to the ball where ever it was on defense also The Big Uglies blocked good too. Yes future does look bright.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

14U wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:08 pm
Blitz wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:00 am Went up to Jackson to watch the freshmen scrimmage last night. Burg won 5-0. pretty dominant performance. I remember Jacksons freshman class always being very good. The future seems bright at Burg
Yes freshmen did and burg lost 3 starters off the 8th grade team. The QB got moved up to JV, varsity with the others moving playing somewhere else. Jones (6’1)moved from wide receiver to QB and looked good for his first game against 11 defenders rushing him. The whole team played well and team ball, flying to the ball where ever it was on defense also The Big Uglies blocked good too. Yes future does look bright.
There a talented group of young men
Future looks good

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

XandO72 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:03 pm

And that is your opinion because you speak from a small town fans perspective as opposed to someone who knows from which they speak. 🤷‍♂️
Well, I guess my experience playing HS ball and 4 years at a Division 1 collegiate level isn't useful when speaking to someone with such intellect as yourself. You're right, I don't know anything about the game :roll:

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Might not make it til next Friday.

Stay in your holier than thou lane. All mighty one.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I’m reserving my opinion after Granville. Chillicothe might be a dud but if they perform close to last Saturday, ironton waits til next year.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

wobycat wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:15 pm I’m reserving my opinion after Granville. Chillicothe might be a dud but if they perform close to last Saturday, ironton waits til next year.
Granville will be a good test for the Pirates. Bigger school with some good size and speed. I believe their QB is a Crouch (Carsyn maybe). Another in the lineage of Crouch QB's coming from that area. Their QB last year was Cam Crouch who was the brother of Chayse who played for Newark Catholic when they played Valley in the playoffs a few years back. He went on to play QB at Illinois.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:33 pm

Well, I guess my experience playing HS ball and 4 years at a Division 1 collegiate level isn't useful when speaking to someone with such intellect as yourself. You're right, I don't know anything about the game :roll:
At a collegiate level not at the collegiate level huh? Lol. Ok.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Yeah that phrase is actually “knows OF which they speak”
Are you that old WWF wrestler “The Genius” Lanny Poffo? At least you try, I guess...

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

522Pirate wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:39 pm

Are you that old WWF wrestler “The Genius” Lanny Poffo? At least you try, I guess...
None of that changes that he is using at least partially, the past to insist a future outcome. It's a mistake. It's that simple like it or not. It's not the same fight.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

So you are not a big believer in the saying...those who can’t remember the past are condemned to repeat it. Seems to me some intelligent people consider the past a fairly accurate predictor of the future...especially if lessons aren’t learned.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

XandO72 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:14 am
522Pirate wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:39 pm

None of that changes that he is using at least partially, the past to insist a future outcome. It's a mistake. It's that simple like it or not. It's not the same fight.
That is also why you will rarely hear me mention anything about what any team did last year. Or any year in the past. I do not care. The last game these two teams played they both lost and one of the two got spanked. They are both undefeated when they tap in.

And this season the depth and talent and experience is as comparable as it has been in a long time. B0TH teams are gonna get blood in their mouth. BOTH teams are hungry and I believe one team has a little bit bigger chip - but so what. Still gotta execute.

@ Tanks
Ironton has the more individual elite skill position talent this season and Burg will be looking to establish an identity & Ironton is more experienced and talented at QB.

No score yet. I'll do that closer to game time, but Ironton is going to win this game. Decisively.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

At which positions do the Tigers have “the more individual elite skill position talent”? Ironton may have the more experienced kid at playing QB but I would disagree he is more talented at playing QB.

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

fbnut wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:56 pm You really have no idea what college coaches do because there are no scrimmages and the majority of practices are closed. Pros do play a lot if not all there starters in the preseason. I watched Russell Wilson play over a quarter in the Seahawks last scrimmage. Pat mahomes has played. Usually the next to last preseason game you will see starters go at least a half.
I guess playing college football 4 years means nothing and I don’t know anything about it lol . And next yes you see pro QB play a entire quarter maybe 2 that’s what I was saying but thanks for proving my point , can’t slide one past you can we

Return to “Football”