XandO72
JV Team

Re: 2019 Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by XandO72 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:22 am
XandO72 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:16 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:14 pm

Can you expound upon that?
Maybe he feels like post scrimmage hyperbole isn't gonna score touchdowns or make tackles for Burg? 🤷‍♂️
And I certainly hope win or lose when you are departing for the night from the stadium, you take a moment to yaself and acknowledge the commitment put in by all of the aforementioned.

Ya never know. It could be your comfort in a time of loss. 🤫

You're right, it doesn't. The KIDS do all the work. And when you are heading for your car a few minutes into the 4th quarter, I hope you come to the realization that, you sir, are an idiot.

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:26 pm
Max opinion wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:14 pm I seen the scrimmage sat , wheelersburg is in trouble big trouble on the 30th
Define trouble.
Let’s see , wheelersburg can’t match up with Ironton , wheelersburg is small , all this talk about the fastest defense ever translates to the smallest defense ever , wheelersburg will get pushed around and if you think your QB is going to have the time to set back and throw deep ball after deep ball your mistaken . Lastly someone said when a ironton fan is walking to the car in the 4th quarter it’s more like wheelersburg fans might not want to turn their cars off , does that help you ?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Max opinion wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:01 am

Define trouble.
Let’s see , wheelersburg can’t match up with Ironton , wheelersburg is small , all this talk about the fastest defense ever translates to the smallest defense ever , wheelersburg will get pushed around and if you think your QB is going to have the time to set back and throw deep ball after deep ball your mistaken . Lastly someone said when a ironton fan is walking to the car in the 4th quarter it’s more like wheelersburg fans might not want to turn their cars off , does that help you ?
11 days

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Our qb will need only a couple seconds to get the ball out. Trust and believe

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Until Ironton beats the Burg, Ironton is playing for second.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I watched Ironton at Valley and then seen Wheelersburg against Chillicothe.

Wheelersburg wins by 10-14.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

522Pirate wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:48 pm I guess you would rather focus on that as opposed to beating CG 7-6
I watched and Ironton didn’t play their skill starters. I don’t know much about their line so don’t know if the played or not. Don’t know why you wouldn’t play starters for one quarter but they have their reasons I guess.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I was going to give max the benefit of the doubt but that was a poor analysis. He’s comparing apples to oranges. Burg is not a power back team like ironton. They’ve got really fast skilled kids. Furthermore burg does not have a pro style type QB in the backfield this year. He’s a dual threat. I doubt any play calling from burg will have check down reads.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Max opinion wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:14 pm I seen the scrimmage sat , wheelersburg is in trouble big trouble on the 30th
How do you know by a scrimmage that Burg is in trouble? Scrimmages shows nothing for a game coming up. Good teams works on plays they need to and putting different players in and out to see how it runs. Coaches will run same plays to see how their line is blocking or holding up or backs. You also will have a running team throw the ball more just to get reps against 11 defenders coming at you. Just like Ironton didn’t play their skill players Saturday.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Max opinion wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:47 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:42 pm
Max opinion wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:27 pm I’ll agree to disagree
Hey. I’ll be the first one to come on here and congratulate you on your observation. I hope you will do the same.
Absolutely, I’ve been wrong before just see a big gap this year
I Absolutely Love Burg Haters !!! We Shall see in a few days ….. All this talk will be over ...

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

Max opinion wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:01 am

Define trouble.
I have watched both teams play and I didn't notice a size difference between the 2 lines. Wheelersburg's o-line and d-line looked really good against Chillicothe as did Ironton's against Valley. I don't see either getting pushed around. It will be a battle

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

I guess I can understand not playing half the starters in a scrimmage. League opponent, gets some younger kids some much needed experience, not take a chance of losing someone to injury in a game of no meaning. But that last one really doesn’t make sense to me. Do they not practice you take that chance every day. It just seems to come across to me as arrogance. Do the coaches fee feel like they are so where they need to be at this point that they don’t need the work. And I keep reading that the Jackson scrimmage is going to be basically a walk-thru. Really. I don’t expect that at all. As a burg fan I kinda hope ironton really is that confident because I think it’s gonna bite them in the ass come week one. I know there are idiots on both sides that thump their chest about how great their team is and spew outlandish comments that make people roll their eyes but for as much as the ironton faithful mention burg being full of themselves I sure have seen a lot of comments that make me think the iron fans believe this game is already won and over. Maybe it just me, but with the preview last week it just seems like something that would happen on the west side maybe. Wonder why I feel that way

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I hope Jackson doesn’t “walk through” we got a lot of things to work on before Wellston . But that’s what coaches do , identify problems and make adjustments.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Understand Poo don’t you agree that it’s easier to identify problems and make adjustments when you can get a live look against an opponent. Even when it’s just a scrimmage. Why waste that opportunity?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

who does tha burg finish out the preseason with prior to the ironton game?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:19 am who does tha burg finish out the preseason with prior to the ironton game?
Burg has a jamboree game with Granville this Friday.

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

victor creed wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:47 pm I guess I can understand not playing half the starters in a scrimmage. League opponent, gets some younger kids some much needed experience, not take a chance of losing someone to injury in a game of no meaning. But that last one really doesn’t make sense to me. Do they not practice you take that chance every day. It just seems to come across to me as arrogance. Do the coaches fee feel like they are so where they need to be at this point that they don’t need the work. And I keep reading that the Jackson scrimmage is going to be basically a walk-thru. Really. I don’t expect that at all. As a burg fan I kinda hope ironton really is that confident because I think it’s gonna bite them in the ass come week one. I know there are idiots on both sides that thump their chest about how great their team is and spew outlandish comments that make people roll their eyes but for as much as the ironton faithful mention burg being full of themselves I sure have seen a lot of comments that make me think the iron fans believe this game is already won and over. Maybe it just me, but with the preview last week it just seems like something that would happen on the west side maybe. Wonder why I feel that way
Making a big deal about a preview lol previews are for fans and parents not much of anything else , Ironton played their line and it looks like they needed to see something because a couple of changes were made . Just because a team didn’t want to play many starters in a game that is meaningless and no disrespect to Coal grove but they had more than wanted from Ironton’s freshman and sophomore’s . As far as this weeks scrimmage I would assume more of the same if there’s something they want to see or maybe change they will work on it , ironton don’t use a scout team at practice they go 1’s vs 1’s so they get plenty of good reps so for you to say it’s arrogance or calling west side like shows how much you really know

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Went up to Jackson to watch the freshmen scrimmage last night. Burg won 5-0. pretty dominant performance. I remember Jacksons freshman class always being very good. The future seems bright at Burg

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Blitz wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:00 am Went up to Jackson to watch the freshmen scrimmage last night. Burg won 5-0. pretty dominant performance. I remember Jacksons freshman class always being very good. The future seems bright at Burg

pretty sure that same group handled Jackson with ease as 8th graders last year as well...…..

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

1’s vs 1’s in practice. My gosh that’s cutting edge. Whowould have ever thought of that. You do realize there are OSHAA rules regarding time limits against hitting right. It’s not the Wild West like it may have been in the 80s when I played. So when you get an opportunity to be full go in a scrimmage or jamboree game Is probably in your best interest to take advantage of it. I have read a lot of your posts I will take what I know about high school football based on what I have seen you post any day.

Return to “Football”