Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Re: 2019 Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by Larry Fine »

BillC wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:01 pm
Larry Fine wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:09 pm
fbnut wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:41 pm

No idea why Athens and Jackson don’t play
We play Jackson this year . Don’t think they’ll be much of a problem. I would like to see the Dawgs play Pirates
You don’t think Jackson will be a problem for Athens or you don’t think Athens will be a problem?
My dawgs by 21

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

fbnut wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:41 pm
JTEK wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:06 pm
Larry Fine wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:47 pm

31-6 at half , Hartley subbed , then subbed back in 51-20.

My dawgs actually competed so stop the superiority complex , move along now
Was unaware I have a superiority complex. I’ll work on that one. We can agree to disagree
Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend
I’m not a psychiatrist but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night and I see “superiority complex” all over all your posts :lol:
:lol:

footballelite
Riding the Bench

Post by footballelite »

I ran into Coach W at the little league fields a few weeks ago. He said they just got done with testing and that this is the fastest AND strongest team he has had in his tenure. I for one find that very impressive!!!!!

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

footballelite wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:51 am I ran into Coach W at the little league fields a few weeks ago. He said they just got done with testing and that this is the fastest AND strongest team he has had in his tenure. I for one find that very impressive!!!!!
I'm extremely excited to see this team take the field this year. As I've said before, there may not be much "star power" on the field but top to bottom I truly feel this will be a very good football team. Over the past 5-7 years or so I have really notice a transformation in the type of team Wheelersburg has been. It reminds me of Coldwater in a sense. Now before you all get too excited and have my head for comparing Burg to Coldwater, I am not comparing their success on the field because Coldwater is unmatched as a "small school." What I am comparing is the style of play and the quality of players that are taking the field. Coldwater fields a team every year that has every position filled with a good and solid football player, and their teams are rarely headed by a superstar. I think this is the culture that Coach Woodward is trying to instill into the program. Yes, it is great to have the Salyers, Holdens, Charmicaels, Millers, Shankweilers and Lang's of the world, but the most successful teams year in and year out have solid talent at all positions and have little fall off between positions or first and second teams. I think this team has a chance to be very good when it's all said and done.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

That’s just coach speak. Underdog against ironton

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

wobycat wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:32 pm That’s just coach speak. Underdog against ironton
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Don't get me wrong, there is a buzz around Ironton that hasn't been there in a while, but they have a lot left to prove that they are improved from last year. Again, a team that could only muster 7 points on a Hail Mary in last years game. This years game will be different, no doubt and will most likely be a close game but I'm not sure Wheelersburg is an underdog in this game.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

wobycat wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:32 pm That’s just coach speak. Underdog against ironton
Are you serious , you are saying that the Burg is an underdog against Ironton this year? Wow, no way are they the underdog !!

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

We talking Band or Football?

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

In no way am I trying to disrespect Ironton or their program because I do believe they are headed in the right direction and have some good things going on down there but I just don't see any evidence that would make me think they are the favorite. Other than a couple players being recruited (which is great for the program and those kids), it's hard to look past some of the struggles they had last year.

BillC
Riding the Bench

Post by BillC »

Larry Fine wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:04 pm
BillC wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:01 pm
Larry Fine wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:09 pm

We play Jackson this year . Don’t think they’ll be much of a problem. I would like to see the Dawgs play Pirates
You don’t think Jackson will be a problem for Athens or you don’t think Athens will be a problem?
Lol
My dawgs by 21

footballelite
Riding the Bench

Post by footballelite »

This has to be sarcasm from Woby. Most of your posts are logical, but not this one. You have a team that has lost 1 regular season game (Hartley ) in 4 years playing a team week 1 that finished 3rd in the OVC the past two years. No logical person would say Wheelersburg is an underdog.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:05 pm
footballelite wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:51 am I ran into Coach W at the little league fields a few weeks ago. He said they just got done with testing and that this is the fastest AND strongest team he has had in his tenure. I for one find that very impressive!!!!!
I'm extremely excited to see this team take the field this year. As I've said before, there may not be much "star power" on the field but top to bottom I truly feel this will be a very good football team. Over the past 5-7 years or so I have really notice a transformation in the type of team Wheelersburg has been. It reminds me of Coldwater in a sense. Now before you all get too excited and have my head for comparing Burg to Coldwater, I am not comparing their success on the field because Coldwater is unmatched as a "small school." What I am comparing is the style of play and the quality of players that are taking the field. Coldwater fields a team every year that has every position filled with a good and solid football player, and their teams are rarely headed by a superstar. I think this is the culture that Coach Woodward is trying to instill into the program. Yes, it is great to have the Salyers, Holdens, Charmicaels, Millers, Shankweilers and Lang's of the world, but the most successful teams year in and year out have solid talent at all positions and have little fall off between positions or first and second teams. I think this team has a chance to be very good when it's all said and done.
Uhhhh....unmatched?....Marion Local?

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:57 pm
spider2Ybanana wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:05 pm
Uhhhh....unmatched?....Marion Local?
I guess I was just considering opponents that Wheelersburg has played against and their overall styles, but yes, you are correct in comparing Coldwater and Marion Locals successes. Two powerhouse programs that always represent the small schools well but do have differing styles.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:41 pm In no way am I trying to disrespect Ironton or their program because I do believe they are headed in the right direction and have some good things going on down there but I just don't see any evidence that would make me think they are the favorite. Other than a couple players being recruited (which is great for the program and those kids), it's hard to look past some of the struggles they had last year.
Yes they had their struggles but with a first year coach that showed he is hardcore that it’s his way or leave as he lost many players that wasn’t use to conditioning, weightlifting etc!! No I’m not from Ironton or Lawrence county but do have many friends from Ironton I played against in the Lutz era that updated me on the football team. If Pendleton keeps up his way, I see good things coming out of Ironton again. I have heard that he has been getting some outside players(don’t know if this is true, heard people talking in front of me) that see what Ironton is trying to do. I would like to see another small school from southern Ohio toughen up and be another playoff team.also burg Ironton starts the season off being playoff contenders and have big gate that it has to be played on Saturday because of the hype of the game. Well I just hope all works out for Ironton but one years doesn’t tell what the future will be but the next couple years will.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

The amount of people that do not get sarcasm on here blows my mind.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

The reason Tiger fans think we have a chance this year is because of the last game against a common opponent in Johnstown Monroe,not the regular season.We all know what happened in those games.The Tigers have basically their whole team back with the exception of a couple of linemen.They are being replaced by a couple of experienced transfers.The Pirates have a few question marks,but both teams will be factors in the playoffs regardless of the outcome of their opening game against each other.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Hedge hog ran a 4.47 in Toledo this weekend

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:01 pm Hedge hog ran a 4.47 in Toledo this weekend
Yea he did. That kid is going to be a problem for EVERYONE.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:41 am
Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:01 pm Hedge hog ran a 4.47 in Toledo this weekend

"Going to be"???

That kid has been a problem. The skill and speed that him and Tanner Holden brought to the game covered up a lot of things in the Wheelersburg offense. Those two are as good as we get to see in these parts.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:31 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:41 am

"Going to be"???

That kid has been a problem. The skill and speed that him and Tanner Holden brought to the game covered up a lot of things in the Wheelersburg offense. Those two are as good as we get to see in these parts.
Yea. As in he's not done being a problem. Lol. And he's only getting faster

Return to “Football”