2019 Wheelersburg Pirates

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: 2019 Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

XandO72 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:04 pm
dewey73 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:39 am I was up watching practice yesterday in wheelersburg and it looked like Tanner Holden wasn't practicing and rumor has it Trent Salyers transferred to Green.
Salyers was drafted by the Raiders. Seen him on HBO's hard knocks and Holden is gonna be the XFL's 2019 "He Hate Me." No worries though, the Rose Bowl champs are the KINGS OF SE OHIO and Pasadena, CA. 😂
Did you by chance play ball for Morehead?

DKing
Waterboy

Post by DKing »

I am getting a kick out of reading all these comments. They are truly hilarious. The old saying of “hook, line and sinker” applies to fans from both schools on this post. Every type of bait has been thrown out there and both sides are taking it, hook, line and sinker. For many years, Ironton had the better team and then the tides changed and for the past years it is Wheelersburg that has had the better team. IMO, the past results don’t matter unless the kids this year let it be a distraction. It is a new season for both teams and each one is capable of winning this game. I hope both teams play their best and come out injury free so that a possible rematch in the playoffs would be something to look forward to.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Go Burg! and gotta love all the Burg haters! And all the doubters and people saying that Ironton has way better athletes than Burg! That stuff just cracks me up! I don't even know how to respond to that kind of stupidity

Burg grad 85
XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:03 pm
dewey73 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:39 am I was up watching practice yesterday in wheelersburg and it looked like Tanner Holden wasn't practicing and rumor has it Trent Salyers transferred to Green.
Salyers was drafted by the Raiders. Seen him on HBO's hard knocks and Holden is gonna be the XFL's 2019 "He Hate Me." No worries though, the Rose Bowl champs are the KINGS OF SE OHIO and Pasadena, CA. 😂
Capital University.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

XandO72 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:48 pm

Nah. But I know a Rose Bowl champ when I see one. 😁

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Weird question btw.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

DKing wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:07 pm I am getting a kick out of reading all these comments. They are truly hilarious. The old saying of “hook, line and sinker” applies to fans from both schools on this post. Every type of bait has been thrown out there and both sides are taking it, hook, line and sinker. For many years, Ironton had the better team and then the tides changed and for the past years it is Wheelersburg that has had the better team. IMO, the past results don’t matter unless the kids this year let it be a distraction. It is a new season for both teams and each one is capable of winning this game. I hope both teams play their best and come out injury free so that a possible rematch in the playoffs would be something to look forward to.
"Bait?" "Both sides are taking it." = 😂😂

OR: maybe ya taking it a bit more literal than it is. Maybe - and follow me on this, MAYBE it is just people talking smack about football and that is that? 🤷‍♂️

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

XandO72 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:57 pm
DKing wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:07 pm I am getting a kick out of reading all these comments. They are truly hilarious. The old saying of “hook, line and sinker” applies to fans from both schools on this post. Every type of bait has been thrown out there and both sides are taking it, hook, line and sinker. For many years, Ironton had the better team and then the tides changed and for the past years it is Wheelersburg that has had the better team. IMO, the past results don’t matter unless the kids this year let it be a distraction. It is a new season for both teams and each one is capable of winning this game. I hope both teams play their best and come out injury free so that a possible rematch in the playoffs would be something to look forward to.
"Bait?" "Both sides are taking it." = 😂😂

OR: maybe ya taking it a bit more literal than it is. Maybe - and follow me on this, MAYBE it is just people talking smack about football and that is that? 🤷‍♂️
Agree w the rest however. Its anybody game. The rose bowl champs are not the powerhouse their emotions seduce them into believing they are and Ironton is unpoven until they prove it.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

XandO72 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:52 pm

Weird question btw.
I see you trying to get your post count up with 3 replies to one question. It's hard being a newbie.

May be a weird question but I have my reasons. I feel like you are on the coaching staff and have a little too much of a connection to the program. You haven't given any real background to yourself. Just a bunch of gum bumpin.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Sport Fan wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:03 pm
XandO72 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:24 am
XandO72 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:14 am

None of that changes that he is using at least partially, the past to insist a future outcome. It's a mistake. It's that simple like it or not. It's not the same fight.
That is also why you will rarely hear me mention anything about what any team did last year. Or any year in the past. I do not care. The last game these two teams played they both lost and one of the two got spanked. They are both undefeated when they tap in.

And this season the depth and talent and experience is as comparable as it has been in a long time. B0TH teams are gonna get blood in their mouth. BOTH teams are hungry and I believe one team has a little bit bigger chip - but so what. Still gotta execute.

@ Tanks
Ironton has the more individual elite skill position talent this season and Burg will be looking to establish an identity & Ironton is more experienced and talented at QB.

No score yet. I'll do that closer to game time, but Ironton is going to win this game. Decisively.
Sounds like you are the QB Daddy or Brother
Some of you seem old and kinda behind on "how to internet." Lol. They really need a class for boomers so they do not try to attach these weird projected perceptions. I could be virtually ANYONE in the world but you have it narrowed down based on nothing. Lol

Sigh. They will never accuse ya of being too smart for ya own good I guess. 🤷‍♂️😂 #SilverLinings

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:02 pm

Weird question btw.
I see you trying to get your post count up with 3 replies to one question. It's hard being a newbie.

May be a weird question but I have my reasons. I feel like you are on the coaching staff and have a little too much of a connection to the program. You haven't given any real background to yourself. Just a bunch of gum bumpin.

How is my personal background applicable? #Creeper 😂

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

XandO72 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:05 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:02 pm

How is my personal background applicable? #Creeper 😂
Don't let a little sarcasm and satire get to ya so much detective. 🤷‍♂️😂

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

:D Well I am glad to see all the posts flying around the week before the season officially starts. Itown should be improved but the Burg will be Burg like always. It should be a great ballgame between 2 powerhouses. I hope both teams win their conferences and make it to the second season. Keep rooting for your favorite team and remember the kids appreciate you backing them.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironton is for real
After seeing them against Jackson tonight. Not that tha burg is pushover because by no means are there. Buts gonna be a war next Friday night. Absolutely a war

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:43 pm Ironton is for real
After seeing them against Jackson tonight. Not that tha burg is pushover because by no means are there. Buts gonna be a war next Friday night. Absolutely a war
Good to see a semi-neutral post on the ole' SEOPS.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Now you see.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

yes i see we just lost 14-13 to a final 4 D3 team. much better than i thought we would do

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Probably would have won that game if varsity plays the whole time. Burg had the ball and driving when the jv took over.

Offensively burg did a good job moving the football. Oline looked really good. Defensively they have to get better at tackling. The defense is very fast. Overall I think the pirates are going to be a tough out for anyone they face this season.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Good luck burg!

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:41 pm Good luck burg!
Luck won't have anything to do with it! That old tiger arrogance has been resurrected..."hey, it's only Wheelersburg"

Return to “Football”