2019 Wheelersburg Pirates

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: 2019 Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by Mad-Dogg »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:45 am
Mad-Dogg wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:45 pm Looking at the new classification will burg be in D5 this yr or D6? I know at 158 that would put us in D6 the previous classification
CB numbers are not yet added. Burg will most likely stay DV. They would have to have a CB of less than 10 to stay DVI and that is not going to happen. CB will probably be somewhere between 20-30, maybe more.
How exactly does CB work

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:11 pm
spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:45 am
Mad-Dogg wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:45 pm Looking at the new classification will burg be in D5 this yr or D6? I know at 158 that would put us in D6 the previous classification
CB numbers are not yet added. Burg will most likely stay DV. They would have to have a CB of less than 10 to stay DVI and that is not going to happen. CB will probably be somewhere between 20-30, maybe more.
How exactly does CB work
I'm unsure of the specifics but basically kids who live outside the district count as more than one toward the enrollment number.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Last year's CB was in the 30's...this year would have to be what 53 to bump up to D4? I would imagine the CB number will be higher than last year but I wouldn't think in the 50's.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

JTEK wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:34 am It will be interesting to see where horsley plays on offense because that will determine where he plays on D
I think Horsely will be our QB

Burg grad 85
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg younger players got a lot of playing time with some of the blowouts this year. They are now ready to step in and fill positions that Burg has lost to graduation.

Sure, Burg may not be the high powered offense we've seen the last two years but with Mathews still there and a HUGE O-line coming back, they will be tough to beat.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:03 pm Burg younger players got a lot of playing time with some of the blowouts this year. They are now ready to step in and fill positions that Burg has lost to graduation.

Sure, Burg may not be the high powered offense we've seen the last two years but with Mathews still there and a HUGE O-line coming back, they will be tough to beat.
Agree 💯

Burg is the king of southern Ohio until someone can beat them consistently.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg will be underdogs game one

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

wobycat wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:51 pm Burg will be underdogs game one
😂
Please

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

scott1297 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:44 am
JTEK wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:34 am It will be interesting to see where horsley plays on offense because that will determine where he plays on D
He may but if he does you’ll need to find a backer because he won’t be playing there

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fbnut wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:02 am
He may but if he does you’ll need to find a backer because he won’t be playing there
He will play outside but he will still play backer. They will be ok at the inside linebacker position.

http://www.burgfootball.com

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

I like the thought of putting Horsely at QB. Doing so, you put the ball in the hands of a senior who has played a lot of influential football for the Pirates over the years. Everyone knows that the offense will have to change slightly going into next year, but I'm not sure that is a bad thing. The offensive line will be very good, and now the threat of a running quarterback adds another element that we haven't really had over the past two years. Do not get me wrong, watching Salyers orchestrate the offense the past two years has been spectacular, but I'm not sold that there will be a significant fall off in regard to offensive weapons. Having an incredible talent like Holden will absolutely be missed but sometimes I think the offense attempted to force some things to him, especially in bigger games, that my have effected the offensive efficiency. Obviously having Mathews and Horsely back is important, but I think there are a lot of solid football players on this team that are going to step up and play some good football for the Pirates. I'm excited to get to know some new names coming up the next few years.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:08 am

He will play outside but he will still play backer. They will be ok at the inside linebacker position.

When’s the last time you remember the burg starting qb playing anything but safety or corner and that’s if they played D at all. Physically he won’t be able to take the pounding because if he is the qb he is going to be in on every snap and he will be carrying the ball a lot. He plays inside or outside he going to have a lot of contact on every snap. If he plays rb you can at least get him off the feild for a breather for a few plays or series.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fbnut wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:32 pm

When’s the last time you remember the burg starting qb playing anything but safety or corner and that’s if they played D at all. Physically he won’t be able to take the pounding because if he is the qb he is going to be in on every snap and he will be carrying the ball a lot. He plays inside or outside he going to have a lot of contact on every snap. If he plays rb you can at least get him off the feild for a breather for a few plays or series.
Lang and schank both played outside linebacker. I’m sure they’d love to have the luxury of not using him but they’re going to go with their best option.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:26 pm

Lang and schank both played outside linebacker. I’m sure they’d love to have the luxury of not using him but they’re going to go with their best option.
Shank was only a qb during his sophomore year and he didn’t play backer. He was a rb his junior and senior year and I don’t think he moved to backer until the Minford game his senior year. That was only because they had to, that team couldn’t stop anyone running the ball. Lang May have been a monster back, I can’t remember but his team was loaded. Horsley and Mathews are going to be asked to do a lot on offense.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

If horsley is the qb the style offense will probably require him to run more than any Qb since E Miller. I think they will be ok without him on defense as a full time player. Could see him playing back in the middle off the ball 1/2 to 2/3 of the snaps. If he is playing qb he won’t be near the line of scrimmage every play making tackles. If the burg is forced to do this he won’t be the player in week 11 that he was in week 1. He will be beat to death.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

fbnut wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:33 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:26 pm
Shank was only a qb during his sophomore year and he didn’t play backer. He was a rb his junior and senior year and I don’t think he moved to backer until the Minford game his senior year. That was only because they had to, that team couldn’t stop anyone running the ball. Lang May have been a monster back, I can’t remember but his team was loaded. Horsley and Mathews are going to be asked to do a lot on offense.
You are right about Schankweiler. Lang played outside backer/monster his sophomore year. If I remember correctly, he played monster is senior year but moved inside later in the year and Shank played the monster. Those teams were loaded with talent at the top, but lacked depth. Not to mention they were still running the ball 80% of the time. Imagine if the current offensive schemes would have been in place then....talk about an explosive offense.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I would like to say congrats to the Burg community and to Burg graduate Dr. Drew Burleson for being named the Cincinnati Reds team Doctor. What a awesome accomplishment.
I know this is a football thread but Wow.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:41 pm I would like to say congrats to the Burg community and to Burg graduate Dr. Drew Burleson for being named the Cincinnati Reds team Doctor. What a awesome accomplishment.
I know this is a football thread but Wow.
Wow. I wonder where you could find a story about it

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Not a lot of talk or news coming out of Burg land lately.
I did see that Blake Richardson (So.) won his weight class at the state lifting meet in Kenton a couple weeks ago. I look for him to be a force on the O and D lines this year. He had a really good year last year but he seems to have been hitting the weight room even harder. Congratulations big fella!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:53 am Not a lot of talk or news coming out of Burg land lately.
I did see that Blake Richardson (So.) won his weight class at the state lifting meet in Kenton a couple weeks ago. I look for him to be a force on the O and D lines this year. He had a really good year last year but he seems to have been hitting the weight room even harder. Congratulations big fella!
Burg fans are cautiously waiting. Lol. They know not to come out and brag about themselves when new positions are being filled. But to reply to your post. I’m hearing really good things for this season.

Return to “Football”