2019 Wheelersburg Pirates

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: 2019 Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by wobycat »

As long as Woodward leads them out, this team will be prepared and will maximize their potential every game. Time will tell if they have enough talent on field to maintain the regional success they have had.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Ironton held Johnstown to its lowest offensive output of the season. That came straight from their fans on here. You take away two first quarter long runs by #40 and they don’t really move the ball. Their D did about the same to Ironton as well though. They didn’t have a first down on Ironton in the 2nd half. They ran at will against Wheelersburg.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TOUGH wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:47 pm Ironton held Johnstown to its lowest offensive output of the season. That came straight from their fans on here. You take away two first quarter long runs by #40 and they don’t really move the ball. Their D did about the same to Ironton as well though. They didn’t have a first down on Ironton in the 2nd half. They ran at will against Wheelersburg.
Burg beat Ironton by 21 who lost to Gallia 8th game in the season. Gallia lost to Jackson. Burg beat Jackson by 19.

What's your point?

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Ironton was also up by 20 on Gallia before 3 straight self inflicted turnovers in 2nd half.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg 12-2 SOC/Regional Champs

Ironton 6-5 1st round playoffs

Ironton needs to finish games before they can start bragging.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TOUGH wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:51 pm Ironton was also up by 20 on Gallia before 3 straight self inflicted turnovers in 2nd half.
And yet they couldn't stop them. Ironton couldn't defend the pass. Evident by who they lost to.

dr3737
Waterboy

Post by dr3737 »

I would love to see Johnson Central/Burg play. That would be a very good game

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

dr3737 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:59 am I would love to see Johnson Central/Burg play. That would be a very good game
I believe they once played before...

In 2007 Wheelersburg hosted Johnson Central.. Central won 14-3.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Valenth wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:01 pm
dr3737 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:59 am I would love to see Johnson Central/Burg play. That would be a very good game

Yea it was 07 and they won 14-3. I believe we held one of the best rb’s in ky that yr in shawn grim to one of his lowest rushing totals of his career

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Now thinking about it.. I remember listening to it on 99.3! I remember they interviewed the Johnson Central head coach and one thing he said was "Wheelersburg beat our guys up, and Was a very physical team. "

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Turning point of that game was when Burg ran a fake punt where they snapped the ball to the back man but Burg sold it like they had snapped it to the punter who with the rest of the team took off to the right and the whold JC defense went with them. The runner that had the ball had it tucked under his butt and all he had to do was stand up and walk into the endzone from about 45 yards out, but he dropped the ball and when he went to pick it up he dropped it and then went to one knee to pick it up causing the ball to be dead when he did that.

JC was tough but Burg did hit them hard. I think Grim and another key player missed the next weeks game and they lost.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:59 pm

I’m almost positive that grim missed the next wk. they lost the following wk 43-22 to woodford co according to our schedule that yr on joe eitel

Turning point of that game was when Burg ran a fake punt where they snapped the ball to the back man but Burg sold it like they had snapped it to the punter who with the rest of the team took off to the right and the whold JC defense went with them. The runner that had the ball had it tucked under his butt and all he had to do was stand up and walk into the endzone from about 45 yards out, but he dropped the ball and when he went to pick it up he dropped it and then went to one knee to pick it up causing the ball to be dead when he did that.

JC was tough but Burg did hit them hard. I think Grim and another key player missed the next weeks game and they lost.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:59 pm

I’m almost positive that grim missed the next wk. they lost the following wk 43-22 to woodford co according to our schedule that yr on joe eitel

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Kudos to Ironton, but let's be real... Maybe Johnstown didn't play their best game and Ironton played like a team clawing from losing back to back close games. Maybe Jtown took them a little lightly? A motivated Johnstown team playing Burg coming off a tough victory against Madison. It's not a video game where there are not external factors that come into the game, etc. Johnstown should have saved some of that for Orrville who also was an unknown opponent.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:41 am Kudos to Ironton, but let's be real... Maybe Johnstown didn't play their best game and Ironton played like a team clawing from losing back to back close games. Maybe Jtown took them a little lightly? A motivated Johnstown team playing Burg coming off a tough victory against Madison. It's not a video game where there are not external factors that come into the game, etc. Johnstown should have saved some of that for Orrville who also was an unknown opponent.
Ironton was pretty good defensively against the run last year plus they were good running between the tackles as well. Burg probably could’ve ran it a little more to shorten the game too.

Burg was decent defensively against run but not as good as last year. Combine that with the emotional win and curcus that followed Madison game, Burg probably was not as prepared. Having said that neither ironton, burg, nor Johnstown were going to stop orrville. And if that sophomore back stays and not transfers, they will have a shot at two more.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Other big losses are defensive end and middle line backer that was a stud. How are you going to stop a good run game? Dahm was he man bear pig you really should post a nickname for burgfan listing to the playoff games was challenging. Wasn’t gonna comment but where are all the 10-0 predictions here. Do you think playing at Jackson will be easy? We will run the ball every play like we should have done last year. Squats power cleans deadlift will decide this years battle and the war!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

allamericanironman wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:24 pm Other big losses are defensive end and middle line backer that was a stud. How are you going to stop a good run game? Dahm was he man bear pig you really should post a nickname for burgfan listing to the playoff games was challenging. Wasn’t gonna comment but where are all the 10-0 predictions here. Do you think playing at Jackson will be easy? We will run the ball every play like we should have done last year. Squats power cleans deadlift will decide this years battle and the war!
Burgs Jv was pretty good. Kids will have to fill roles. They will have a pretty good offense if they find a QB. The front 6 on defense will be practically a new squad except a couple that saw a lot of action. Their secondary will be really good. Not sure on these guys yet. See you after some scrimmages.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

wobycat wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:06 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:24 pm Other big losses are defensive end and middle line backer that was a stud. How are you going to stop a good run game? Dahm was he man bear pig you really should post a nickname for burgfan listing to the playoff games was challenging. Wasn’t gonna comment but where are all the 10-0 predictions here. Do you think playing at Jackson will be easy? We will run the ball every play like we should have done last year. Squats power cleans deadlift will decide this years battle and the war!
Burgs Jv was pretty good. Kids will have to fill roles. They will have a pretty good offense if they find a QB. The front 6 on defense will be practically a new squad except a couple that saw a lot of action. Their secondary will be really good. Not sure on these guys yet. See you after some scrimmages.
Who you scrimmage first spread teams power run what we got early on. Our JV is also solid we beat your boys but it was close. I would expect our game close but at Jackson right now we would have to be ranked ahead. No disrespect but if we play to potential we will be more than game. 8 months the boys will grow into men I grew 4 inches and 30 lbs soph to jr year added 60 lbs. on bench press and 150lb squat. Needless to say that’s the beauty of it!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

allamericanironman wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:01 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:06 pm
Who you scrimmage first spread teams power run what we got early on. Our JV is also solid we beat your boys but it was close. I would expect our game close but at Jackson right now we would have to be ranked ahead. No disrespect but if we play to potential we will be more than game. 8 months the boys will grow into men I grew 4 inches and 30 lbs soph to jr year added 60 lbs. on bench press and 150lb squat. Needless to say that’s the beauty of it!
I think Jackson will have a good year. Burg is just too unknown right now.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Wheelersburg will be solid for the foreseeable future. They have the numbers to play JV and Freshmen football games while most others don't have that capability. Looking forward to seeing the product that the Burg puts on the field in 2019.

Return to “Football”