Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK1 'Unioto @ Vinton County

Post by noreply66 »

Hoping VC get out of the block quick for the start of the season.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Gotta believe Tvc and Vc with a win here

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

VC wins and rolls to a 9-1 season

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Seems like same old same old on here. Every year lot of support to Vc and it's never a game. I look for this year to be close unioto has been inconsistent on offense so far but to be fair they are subbing a lot in these scrimmages. They have a lot of speed on both sides of the ball. Yates will be the best player we see all year. With him as a top recruit here is a lot of film on vc from last year if you know where to look. I like the way there offense changed after last years game. Against us they handed it off too much it was like a free play. Looked like Yates to a direct snap and they ran more qb iso. If they continue this style of play or even run a more empty maulk style offense they will be tuff. I still like the tanks speed in this game. Tanks by 7 to 10.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

I like the Vikings in this one by a couple TD's

joeboggs1
JV Team

Post by joeboggs1 »

Unioto looked better than expected in their scrimmage against Hillsboro. They have a few playmakers on offense that will cause many teams fits this year. Fisher touching the ball on every play is a great advantage to the Shermans, and Carroll may likely end up being one of top backs in the SVC. Their line has very nice size also.

Defensively, they struggled a little with Hillsboro's rushing attack, but did improve as the scrimmage went on.

I think there will be a slight learning curve for the Tanks early in the year, so VC definitely catches them at the right time. I don't know much about VC, outside of Yates, but no one should be taking Unioto lightly.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

This will be an interesting game because of Yates and Uniotos youth. I hope VC can get them, but as seen in years past, the tanks are usually ready.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

After watching unioto against galia vc will pick the score worst tanks team I've seen just sad

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I don't think I would be that disappointed with game tonight as a tanks fan. You eliminate turnovers and tanks probably win that game by 2 scores

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Rolltanks wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:56 pm After watching unioto against galia vc will pick the score worst tanks team I've seen just sad
You haven't seen many Unioto teams then lol there were a few years where the Tanks would punt on 3rd Down to avoid losing more yardage. There was a year where they were outscored an average of 49-6, I can't imagine this year would be worse.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Unioto must have lost a bunch to get rolled by a Gallia team that has been 1-9 the past two seasons

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:06 pm Unioto must have lost a bunch to get rolled by a Gallia team that has been 1-9 the past two seasons
They did. Lost a dynamic dual threat QB, his top 2 WR, and another electric RB along with a couple of OL and that's just on offense. They'll be fine, but it may take a couple weeks.

joeboggs1
JV Team

Post by joeboggs1 »

My biggest concern as a Unioto fan would their inability to stop the power running game. They had much more size than Galia and Galia still had a bunch of success between the tackles. Hillsboro also ran the ball at will.

I think Unioto has some very nice pieces. Carroll is going to be special. But they have to figure out a way to stop the run if they hope to repeat last year's success.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:06 pm Unioto must have lost a bunch to get rolled by a Gallia team that has been 1-9 the past two seasons
you will get rolled by a lot of teams if you lose the turnover battle like 5 to 0. but trust me gallia will not be 1-9 this year.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

That's good. Wasn't that long ago Gallia was pretty good. Well back when Penrod was a coach there

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

svac83 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:08 pm
you will get rolled by a lot of teams if you lose the turnover battle like 5 to 0. but trust me gallia will not be 1-9 this year.

This may sound crazy but after watching the film of Uniot and Gallia, Unioto looked like the better team. The loved the ball well and if they didn't throw that pic towards the end of the first quarter, Gallia would've finished the 1st with negative yardage. Unioto will be/is going to be tough again this year.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Pulling for Jesty and VC in this one. Come on Vikes get the non league win cause the Bucks may need the playoff points. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Dundas wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:50 pm
svac83 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:08 pm

This may sound crazy but after watching the film of Uniot and Gallia, Unioto looked like the better team. The loved the ball well and if they didn't throw that pic towards the end of the first quarter, Gallia would've finished the 1st with negative yardage. Unioto will be/is going to be tough again this year.
I would say your summary fairly accurate with 2 exceptions. One it seems to take the blue Devils a series or two to make adjustments offensively and defensively to a otter teams speed and weaknesses.. that was also the case with preview against south point and scrimmage with Athens.

The thing I don't think the film shows. Is the pace of play that the blue Devils play. The blue Devils had times in the running game they were probably getting 3.5 snaps per minute of game time. Unioto was gassed by the time they through the interception..hands on hips or holding shirt takes between snaps every play. And Penrod kept yelling we're going to have to play faster then that.. I am not sure what exactly Blue Devils did for conditioning but that is probably what has stood out most this season I am guessing they knew they are small so they have to be in great shape.. with that said unioto wins that probably if they have no turnovers.

Trailblazer
Riding the Bench

Post by Trailblazer »

Look for VC to suprise some people this year...

VC... 30
Unioto. 22

Return to “Football”