Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK1 'River Valley @ Eastern Meigs

Post by Orange and Brown »

Still playing this game?
Come on Raiders! Toughen up that schedule.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Just kick butt ! One game at a time !

route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

I don't think this is gonna be as easy a win for RV as most people think

Peregrine06
Riding the Bench

Post by Peregrine06 »

Big gap in school sizes will result in a Raiders win. Give me them by 2 touchdowns.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Hard to believe we are only 5 days away from High School football season!!

I agree with others on this one.....I believe Eastern will be greatly improved this year and may surprise some people.
However, I think RV is just too much for the Eagles in this Week 1 match-up.

RV 35
Eastern 14

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Cake walk for RV. It will be a close game until just after they step off the bus. This will provide some needed playoff points for the Bucks down the road, so go RV. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

GO RAIDERS!!!!

Excited to see how RV plays this year in the trenches....lost a lot up front.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

xyz wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:22 pm
Ground Buck wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:20 pm Cake walk for RV. It will be a close game until just after they step off the bus. This will provide some needed playoff points for the Bucks down the road, so go RV. :mrgreen:
Unlike 2015 when NY provided no playoff points for River Valley
Yep, that's the only time RV could beat NY, during the worst season in school history. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

xyz wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:12 pm
Ground Buck wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:48 pm

Yep, that's the only time RV could beat NY, during the worst season in school history. :mrgreen:
False again. 2003 beat the playoff team that NY had
Didn't realize you wanted to go back 14 years. But yea, they did beat that team, so you have two wins to speak of. Now, about those playoff points this year, we hope you can topple the weak D7 team this week to give us some. :mrgreen:

RaiderDad
Waterboy

Post by RaiderDad »

Looking forward to seeing what these young Raiders can do. Excited to see Patrick Brown build off of a great junior campaign. He will have weapons around him, Dustin Barber and Layne Fitch should be his go to receivers and I'm confident that the sophomore RB Cole Young will be a workhorse.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Sure did. I was on that team. Honestly the Buckeyes were good that year and we just played our butts off. It meant a lot to us to win that game. Nothing but respect for the NY program.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Don't forget everyone.....

RV Football Broadcasting is back for another year of Raider Football! Join Eric Whitt, Carl DeWitt and Ron Hammond LIVE every Friday night for Raider Football! Remember, RV Football Broadcasting is the ONLY way to hear RV Football games ALL season long!

The Raider Football season begins this Friday night at Eastern. Join us for the Ohio Valley Bank Pre-game Show at 7:10pm!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:16 pm

Sure did. I was on that team. Honestly the Buckeyes were good that year and we just played our butts off. It meant a lot to us to win that game. Nothing but respect for the NY program.
I remember a lineman RV had in that game. He was as wide as he was tall. Short fella about 5'5", but prolly weighed 250 or better. Not much talent but he played hard. I think he's on here cause I remember him mentioning that game several times. That was an average to below average NY team that had a bad game that night. But RV did play hard, I agree with that. :mrgreen:

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

The 2015 RV win sent a SHOCK wave through the NY program......and propelled RV to its first ever playoff appearance!!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Ground Buck wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:56 pm

I remember a lineman RV had in that game. He was as wide as he was tall. Short fella about 5'5", but prolly weighed 250 or better. Not much talent but he played hard. I think he's on here cause I remember him mentioning that game several times. That was an average to below average NY team that had a bad game that night. But RV did play hard, I agree with that. :mrgreen:
Whatever gets you through your day Ground Buck. That game holds a special place for me. My grandmother died earlier that week and it was very emotional game for me. It was a very rough week. I played one of my best games that night. So yeah I'm proud of that game. You can take jabs if it makes you feel better, but you won't sour what that game meant to me.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:48 pm
Ground Buck wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:56 pm

Whatever gets you through your day Ground Buck. That game holds a special place for me. My grandmother died earlier that week and it was very emotional game for me. It was a very rough week. I played one of my best games that night. So yeah I'm proud of that game. You can take jabs if it makes you feel better, but you won't sour what that game meant to me.
I take it that you're the short wide guy. No offense meant. I agree you played hard. :mrgreen:

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

HoopsHotHead wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:40 pm The 2015 RV win sent a SHOCK wave through the NY program......and propelled RV to its first ever playoff appearance!!
That was the worst season in NY school history, and the best in RV school history. So no "shock wave." We got back to reality last season though with a typical Buckeye Beat Down on RV. You can expect more of the same this season. Before you know it we'll be 14 years down the road and some short wide guy from that 15' team will keep reminding us of how hard he played in that "shock wave" win, but will leave out all the beat downs suffered by RV in between. :mrgreen:

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

I was just saying it was the end for that coaching staff..... :mrgreen:

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

HoopsHotHead wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:42 pm I was just saying it was the end for that coaching staff..... :mrgreen:
For the head coach, yes. No surprise though, it was a long time coming. Coincidentally, RV beat him in his first and last seasons. He's the only NY coach they could beat. He prolly should have got the boot the first time, and the second time wouldn't have happened. But maybe for you in 14 years the HC will be on his way out and RV can get another win. :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”