Gallia Academy(8) @ (14)Meigs

Dandy Don
All Conference

Re: WK1 Gallia Academy @ Meigs

Post by Dandy Don »

I think this might be the Friday Night game to go to for me.

I like the Blue Devils in a Week 1 upset here I think.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Pulling for Central Meigs in this one. After all, it's a non league game and the Bucks may need the playoff points. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

😂

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck Blue Devils....

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Hoping Coach Penrod has a nice start with his new team.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

I look for this to be a closer game than the experts think. I will go with the home team in a nail biter!!

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Stone Cold wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:24 am I look for this to be a closer game than the experts think. I will go with the home team in a nail biter!!
Who are "the experts"? :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I believe it is a safe bet that Meigs will win this matchup easily. Meigs is fast, athletic, and well rounded on both sides of the ball. I would guess Meigs has a better year than what others on this site are predicting. Just my own personal thoughts, feel free to disagree.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I love my Blue Devils and am very excited about this year and the future of this ball club and they are vastly improved from a year ago. But the problem is vastly improved might not make the record that much better. In the last 2 matchups between these 2 teams meigs is average beating the Blue Devils by 24 points a game.. 34-10. So my Blue Devils can be 3 touchdowns better then last 2 years and still not when.

Meigs is 10-10 last 2 years and average scoring margin is negative 4 points. You could see them being a little better and record being much better... on the other hand Blue Devils are 2-18. Have average scoring less then 15 points a game over last 2 years. While giving up 47 a game. Looking at last year even if Blue Devils improved 28 points a game they would of went from 1-9 to 3-7 so still not be very good. I know this team is a lot better then last 3 years. So I am not sure how that will transfer into a lot of wins. But like me I said I will be shocked if they face more then one running clock this year. After facing 7 last year. Quite frankly I don't know how good this team can be.. will be very fun to watch though. This team has improved in each scrimmage and I think each of there 3 opponents would tell you they were a lot better then you would think coming off there last 3 years.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Ground Buck wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:54 pm
Stone Cold wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:24 am I look for this to be a closer game than the experts think. I will go with the home team in a nail biter!!
Who are "the experts"? :mrgreen:
You know, All of the smart football minds that post on here!! 😁

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

This match up has the makings of a classic confrontation between two coaches who were each at one time dubbed "the best coach in SE Ohio" at one time or another over the past few years. One was "the savior," and the other a "sure winner cause he played in the NFL." So on Friday, which one will be "the best coach..." on the field? :mrgreen:

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Bald Eagle wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:11 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:52 am The Blue Devils are really physical. I'm telling you, don't count them out. They are going to punch Meigs right in the mouth. This'll be a good one.
If anyone would know physical play it would be you with all the times we whipped your arse when we was in school
If you're from Gallipolis I won't disagree with you. They are getting that physicality back. It will make a world of difference for this team.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Meigs Defense will give up some yards in the run game, But we have way too many weapons on Offense that will keep us several scores ahead.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

gallia ina stunner

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

tvc_fan wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:13 am Meigs Defense will give up some yards in the run game, But we have way too many weapons on Offense that will keep us several scores ahead.
We shall see, but i just don't see it. This game will be close. I can see giving up a lot of points. This Gallipolis team made a good Unioto team look bad in the preview.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:55 am
tvc_fan wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:13 am Meigs Defense will give up some yards in the run game, But we have way too many weapons on Offense that will keep us several scores ahead.
We shall see, but i just don't see it. This game will be close. I can see giving up a lot of points. This Gallipolis team made a good Unioto team look bad in the preview.
I've heard Unioto is pretty down this year, and also...It's a Preview...lol

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Is it true that they dont even practice defense at Meigs?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Only one so called 'expert' took gallia in the messenger picks!

;)

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

tvc_fan wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:48 am
BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:55 am
I've heard Unioto is pretty down this year, and also...It's a Preview...lol
Unioto returned their entire line on offense and defense. Preview or not, this team is very physical.

Trailblazer
Riding the Bench

Post by Trailblazer »

I look for Meigs to roll in this one...

Meigs 36
Gallia 12

Return to “Football”