Post by radiodavel »

2018 OHSAA State Final Football Games Attendance Down
https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2018 ... dance-down

compare Columbus and Canton

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: 2018 OHSAA State Final Football Games Attendance Down

Post by greygoose »

One thing you can tell is the attendance drop from the 1st year of hosting to the 2nd year big drop. Bad part about this year is that if you didn't have 2 teams in Hoban and Massillon so close the numbers for this year would've been really bad. Still just one of the reasons I would love to see a rotating schedule between, Cincy, Columbus and Canton. Yes, I know the TV probably hurts a lot in terms of ppl going but at the same time I think you would get an uptick in attendance just do to being some place different, ppl get tired of seeing the same surroundings and dealing with the same parking issues. I mean outside of that DII game there was a significant drop in attendance across the rest of the divisions. This is even with everyone pounding there chest and thumping around about NEO teams, like they're part of them or something, yeah well no one showed up to watch them either.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

greygoose wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:17 am One thing you can tell is the attendance drop from the 1st year of hosting to the 2nd year big drop. Bad part about this year is that if you didn't have 2 teams in Hoban and Massillon so close the numbers for this year would've been really bad. Still just one of the reasons I would love to see a rotating schedule between, Cincy, Columbus and Canton. Yes, I know the TV probably hurts a lot in terms of ppl going but at the same time I think you would get an uptick in attendance just do to being some place different, ppl get tired of seeing the same surroundings and dealing with the same parking issues. I mean outside of that DII game there was a significant drop in attendance across the rest of the divisions. This is even with everyone pounding there chest and thumping around about NEO teams, like they're part of them or something, yeah well no one showed up to watch them either.

I like the rotation idea. Let’s have it in each section of the state. Rotate betweeen Ohio Stadium, Canton, Paul Brown, and Peden. Spread the love OHSAA!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

get away from the one location. If two Northwest team are playing have it in a NW stadium. Same way for SW and NE. Now SE might go to Columbus. All other game like SE against NE it would go to Columbus along with SW vs NE and etc.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

Put it in the shoe and forget it..........

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Location location location!!! Nobody is driving 3-4 hours to watch a game. Thursday game with school and work next day and every other State plays at their main college stadium. You put it at the Shoe it’s 2 hours for all teams.

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

14U wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:44 am Location location location!!! Nobody is driving 3-4 hours to watch a game. Thursday game with school and work next day and every other State plays at their main college stadium. You put it at the Shoe it’s 2 hours for all teams.
We need to go to work for OHSAA................ 8-) 8-)

I

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

Flyers58 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:49 am
14U wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:44 am Location location location!!! Nobody is driving 3-4 hours to watch a game. Thursday game with school and work next day and every other State plays at their main college stadium. You put it at the Shoe it’s 2 hours for all teams.
We need to go to work for OHSAA..............Maybe we could convince someone with a little knowledge of how bad the current situation is......... ;) ;)

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

One angle I have not heard brought up is that when the State Championships are taking place there are 14 schools involved. All other schools in the OHSAA are in the opening weekend of high school basketball. If the OHSAA want schools to attend the football finals then move the opening weekend to high school basketball. Say a coach wanted to take his team up to the finals to experience it- they are not going if they have basketball games scheduled. Many of kids playing football are also playing basketball, wrestling and bowling.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Looks like it needs to be back in a more central location which is the shoe

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

If the crew get a new stadium ohsaa should buy the old one, put turf in and play a Thursday, Friday and Saturday football game of the week and soccer games Monday Tuesday Wednesday and Saturday games of the week every week. Then host playoff games all weekend and state championships there for all field sports. Great stadium for football and soccer. Just a thought

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

It’s stupid having them in NEO. Should be at the Shoe but NEO people are the biggest crybabies in the state

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:58 pm It’s stupid having them in NEO. Should be at the Shoe but NEO people are the biggest crybabies in the state
That has to feel like a home game for the NEO. Not to put them down but they can have that part of the state. It sucks always cold and the wind never stops. The people from NEO are the rudest disrespectful people. it’s like they hate it there too! I am sure they are nice ones. They can have it and yes their are regions 4 of them and should all take turns that’s the only way to be fair but OHSAA we all know those guys don’t care but you can’t let it be there next year because I just said so.

Do you think we could do anything through here. Matt Ash could at least put pressure on them. He could be a very powerful voice for change if needed.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:11 pm If the crew get a new stadium ohsaa should buy the old one, put turf in and play a Thursday, Friday and Saturday football game of the week and soccer games Monday Tuesday Wednesday and Saturday games of the week every week. Then host playoff games all weekend and state championships there for all field sports. Great stadium for football and soccer. Just a thought
That would be a great venue. Perfect size.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Said it before , regular season should start 2 weeks early. Teams are practicing last May. No reason for season to go into December in Ohio. Also, really like idea of playing finals at 3-4 different sites across the state each year. Traveling even 2 hours for fans not happening these days.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Maphre Stadium (Crew Stadium) could be another option. Now that the crew will be getting a new stadium, turf could be installed. Great parking, nice layout and centrally located to everyone in the state.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Went to the game Saturday to see the Johnstown/Orrville game. Rained all day. Wasn't allowed to bring my umbrella into the stadium though. Reason I was given by staff was that it "could be used as a weapon". Is this a normal thing at HS games or just a HOF stadium thing? Have to say it caught me by surprise, things get sillier every year it seems.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The no umbrella thing, I believe is because you were seeing a game in a pro stadium,not a high school stadium.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:48 pm The no umbrella thing, I believe is because you were seeing a game in a pro stadium,not a high school stadium.
I guess that makes sense, although I personally wouldn't consider it a pro stadium. It is the home stadium for Canton McKinley HS, and I think Walsh University and Malone University play there as well.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Technically it is an NFL stadium.
With all of the rules of a NFL stadium.

Return to “Football”