Green(14) @ (46)West Union

mattash
Site Admin

Green(14) @ (46)West Union

Post by mattash »

Thoughts? It says Western Union is a club team, does that mean its not with the school or what?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
GoBucks1047
JV Team

Re: WK1 Green @ Western Union

Post by GoBucks1047 »

West Union. They've been a club team for a couple or so years, but they're not school sponsored like North Adams, Peebles, and Eastern Brown in the SHAC. They're located almost in the center of Adams County. Green has played West Union every year West Union has sported a club football team.

Fred Flintstone
Riding the Bench

Post by Fred Flintstone »

Money Transfer?

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

I don't know about money transfer but we need to add a team that we can get points from winning playing them is pointless

SOC 1
Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Green starts 1-0, Green has scheduled schools who are club or just starting varsity football for the last few years to try and build up confidence to the team.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

They a small team?

Michael Scott
bcltcr
Riding the Bench

Post by bcltcr »

Didn't know Western Union had a football team? Are they the Western Union Moneygrams? Made up of employees?

West Union is a small town in Adams County. I'll take them in this one.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

How many SVC schools have football?

Michael Scott
Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

Green has a powerful o line and really good qb and backs

SOC 1
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

mattash wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:16 pm How many SVC schools have football?
All of them to my knowledge.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Lol meant SHL

Michael Scott
GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:41 am
I'm gonna assume he meant SHAC. Fayetteville-Perry (SBAAC football only) and Manchester (might be joining SOC I football only in 2018) have sponsored football. North Adams, Peebles, and West Union have club football and isn't school sponsored so anyone who plays them won't get points from playing and beating them. Eastern Brown/Georgetown (SBAAC) have a combined club team named Southern Buckeye, but Eastern Brown has the established club football program while Georgetown has the available playing facility where their games are played (Russellville) so they have a combined club to benefit both districts.

Lynchburg-Clay, Leesburg-Fairfield, Ripley-Union-Lewis-Huntington (Ripley), and Whiteoak are the remain 4 schools who don't have football, but Lynchburg-Clay could easily be able to start a football program if they wish, and I think Leesburg-Fairfield would follow starting their own. Ripley and Whiteoak are capable, but their size enrollment wise could cause some issues, but Manchester has proven they have potential being their size and not even been able to stay in a football conference longer than a couple years.

If schools could start sponsoring football in the SHAC, I'd love to see them start a 6-8 team football league while Georgetown starts them a sponsored football program so when Fayetteville-Perry football leaves the SBAAC, Georgetown would be able to replace them since Georgetown is already a member of the SBAAC. Adams, Brown, and Highland Counties would be entertained with a lot more Friday night and Saturday afternoon high school football games if this would be able to happen.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

GoBucks1047 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:39 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:41 am
I'm gonna assume he meant SHAC. Fayetteville-Perry (SBAAC football only) and Manchester (might be joining SOC I football only in 2018) have sponsored football. North Adams, Peebles, and West Union have club football and isn't school sponsored so anyone who plays them won't get points from playing and beating them. Eastern Brown/Georgetown (SBAAC) have a combined club team named Southern Buckeye, but Eastern Brown has the established club football program while Georgetown has the available playing facility where their games are played (Russellville) so they have a combined club to benefit both districts.

Lynchburg-Clay, Leesburg-Fairfield, Ripley-Union-Lewis-Huntington (Ripley), and Whiteoak are the remain 4 schools who don't have football, but Lynchburg-Clay could easily be able to start a football program if they wish, and I think Leesburg-Fairfield would follow starting their own. Ripley and Whiteoak are capable, but their size enrollment wise could cause some issues, but Manchester has proven they have potential being their size and not even been able to stay in a football conference longer than a couple years.

If schools could start sponsoring football in the SHAC, I'd love to see them start a 6-8 team football league while Georgetown starts them a sponsored football program so when Fayetteville-Perry football leaves the SBAAC, Georgetown would be able to replace them since Georgetown is already a member of the SBAAC. Adams, Brown, and Highland Counties would be entertained with a lot more Friday night and Saturday afternoon high school football games if this would be able to happen.
Good run down

Michael Scott
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Green should win

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

Best of luck to the Bobcats !

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Green(14) @ (46)West Union

Post by mattash »

Can someone post stats?

Michael Scott
Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

Green recovered 2 fumbles for td's but the ref blew the whistle. The refs were home boys

SOC 1
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Seabee_0586 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:43 am Green recovered 2 fumbles for td's but the ref blew the whistle. The refs were home boys
Game didn't count. Move forward

Michael Scott
Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Seabee_0586 did those three big linemen that nobody in the SOC or Division 6 or 7 miss the game?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Upset?

Return to “Football”