Green(14) @ (46)West Union

hoot
Varsity

Re: Green(14) @ (46)West Union

Post by hoot »

It is what it is. Green has one (Hannan WV) maybe two wins in them period .. The kids play hard. That is the best you can ask ..

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

46-14????

Holy smokes!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well give them the 2 tds then and they still get smoked. West Union has been building themselves up over the last few years, looks as if maybe they're starting to hit stride could see them bringing in football represented by the school.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: WK1 Green @ Western Union

Post by Bleeding Red »

Tartanblue wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:43 am Green starts 1-0, Green has scheduled schools who are club or just starting varsity football for the last few years to try and build up confidence to the team.

It looks like that backfired on them.

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

Guys we will see next week we couldn't cover the pass I hope they work on that all week long

SOC 1
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

West Union passing the ball??? Man they have come along way used to be foot to foot run run run

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

They threw the ball all over the place

SOC 1
Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Seabee_0586 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:44 pm Guys we will see next week we couldn't cover the pass I hope they work on that all week long
Covering the pass is defense. Your said Green had three OL guys nobody could compete with. With a line that big and good as you said you should move the ball with no problem.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

14 points and losing by 32 to a club team means there isn't anything "great". Period.

Much respect for the kids at Green for playing with such small numbers, but this doesn't bode well for many wins at all.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

LONGGGG YEAR

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK1 Green @ Western Union

Post by Ironman92 »

GoBucks1047 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:39 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:41 am
mattash wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:16 pm How many SVC schools have football?
All of them to my knowledge.
I'm gonna assume he meant SHAC. Fayetteville-Perry (SBAAC football only) and Manchester (might be joining SOC I football only in 2018) have sponsored football. North Adams, Peebles, and West Union have club football and isn't school sponsored so anyone who plays them won't get points from playing and beating them. Eastern Brown/Georgetown (SBAAC) have a combined club team named Southern Buckeye, but Eastern Brown has the established club football program while Georgetown has the available playing facility where their games are played (Russellville) so they have a combined club to benefit both districts.

Lynchburg-Clay, Leesburg-Fairfield, Ripley-Union-Lewis-Huntington (Ripley), and Whiteoak are the remain 4 schools who don't have football, but Lynchburg-Clay could easily be able to start a football program if they wish, and I think Leesburg-Fairfield would follow starting their own. Ripley and Whiteoak are capable, but their size enrollment wise could cause some issues, but Manchester has proven they have potential being their size and not even been able to stay in a football conference longer than a couple years.

If schools could start sponsoring football in the SHAC, I'd love to see them start a 6-8 team football league while Georgetown starts them a sponsored football program so when Fayetteville-Perry football leaves the SBAAC, Georgetown would be able to replace them since Georgetown is already a member of the SBAAC. Adams, Brown, and Highland Counties would be entertained with a lot more Friday night and Saturday afternoon high school football games if this would be able to happen.
I don't see LC going to football. Fairfield seems very unlikely considering 16 of their 90 boys run for the #1 cross country team in the state. Ripley struggling with sports it seems. Whiteoak has failed the last two years in starting a soccer team. It's a 43 mile wide district with high school just 3 miles from western end. Only 85 or so boys....they won't be having a football team.

Return to “Football”