Jackson Stadium

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Jackson Stadium

Post by Orange and Brown »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:57 pm
ravensfan09 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:21 am Is Athens High School able to use Peden Stadium? If so, why not play one game a year in the stadium and split the gate with the opponent. Maybe Nelsonville or Jackson? That would be a fun thing to get started!
Yeah but you make more money playing at your normal field. Athens used the Convo to play Bishop Watterson and Africentric. Athens hasn’t used Peden since we played Parkersburg South there. It would be fun to have three games on Saturday, featuring the 5 county schools. But getting NY and Trimble from their home fields is like pulling teeth.

Alexander vs Fed Hock
Athens vs Waverly
NY vs Trimble
Trying to get Fed to schedule Alexander again would be a miracle.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Chillicothe has a track around it and does not qualify as a stadium. Valley is sweet for a small school. Ironton is second on my list. Burg third great atmosphere. Portsmouth is tied for 4th with valley. Nelsonville with chilli round out my top 5 both have tracks. Wellston I will show some love you guys also have a neat old stadium.
Jackson and Marietta tied for first. I know it has a track and turf now but I still like it for whatever reason always have.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Marietta staduim yes has a very nice historical
Setting. Going through town. A college town. Nice. Showers were awful though. Tank staduim will always rank #1 for the historical part IMO. Alumni Stadium reigns king of newbies the last 15yrs. It just doesn’t get any better. Biggest complaint is the parking and $2 for it ?? Geez. Chances are you prolly could use the excersise And there isn’t that much of a walk. I guess you don’t have to walk any when going to “The Shoe” for a bucks game. And $2??? 😂😂😂. You prolly just spent money on food gas snacks so forth getting there. What in the world is $2. Get some change from the console.

There are college programs that aren’t even close to having what is on the hill. Those that complain are looking for something to complain about. Period. Same type of person that would complain about winning a million dollars because they didn’t win two million dollars. They are a lot of nice stadiums in SEO. A lot. And all schools should be proud of what they have. But don’t be jealous because the Jackson Ironmen have the finest in all the land.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:40 am Marietta staduim yes has a very nice historical
Setting. Going through town. A college town. Nice. Showers were awful though. Tank staduim will always rank #1 for the historical part IMO. Alumni Stadium reigns king of newbies the last 15yrs. It just doesn’t get any better. Biggest complaint is the parking and $2 for it ?? Geez. Chances are you prolly could use the excersise And there isn’t that much of a walk. I guess you don’t have to walk any when going to “The Shoe” for a bucks game. And $2??? 😂😂😂. You prolly just spent money on food gas snacks so forth getting there. What in the world is $2. Get some change from the console.

There are college programs that aren’t even close to having what is on the hill. Those that complain are looking for something to complain about. Period. Same type of person that would complain about winning a million dollars because they didn’t win two million dollars. They are a lot of nice stadiums in SEO. A lot. And all schools should be proud of what they have. But don’t be jealous because the Jackson Ironmen have the finest in all the land.
Jackson is nice. No one can say that it's not.
I wouldn't trade a Friday night at Boston Field for a game at Jackson though. I wouldn't trade a Friday night at Boston Field with any stadium.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Nelsonvilles stadium is very nice. A great venue for a football game. Playoff game atmosphere every Friday night!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Nelsonville is Football Friday Night. Always have really enjoyed going there watching games. Would like to see a little bigger home side built. Home side is always full during the Rocky Brands. Never have seen a bigger crowd for track.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:39 pm
countywide35 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:40 am Marietta staduim yes has a very nice historical

I wouldn't trade a Friday night at Boston Field for a game at Jackson though. I wouldn't trade a Friday night at Boston Field with any stadium.

Nelsonville is nice as is Logan. I just prefer alumni stadium atmosphere. Nowhere better to watch football . But all these opinions are subjective

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:53 pm

Nelsonville is nice as is Logan. I just prefer alumni stadium atmosphere. Nowhere better to watch football . But all these opinions are subjective
Is the atmosphere better than a Friday night in the 90’s at Marvin Kenocke?

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:21 pm Nelsonville is Football Friday Night. Always have really enjoyed going there watching games. Would like to see a little bigger home side built. Home side is always full during the Rocky Brands. Never have seen a bigger crowd for track.
I agree....thats small town sports. Nelsonville has a great stadium, but also has fans to fill it!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:21 pm Nelsonville is Football Friday Night. Always have really enjoyed going there watching games. Would like to see a little bigger home side built. Home side is always full during the Rocky Brands. Never have seen a bigger crowd for track.
Well they have like 25 teams at a track meet so that’s a lot of kids and fans, but will say they host the best meet around.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Dundas wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:47 am

While all these new fields / stadiums are nice and pretty there was a lot of nostalgia with the old fields .

Marvin Kenocke field was awesome place to play football . It was basically a cow pasture when it rained . The fans were right on top of the sidelines . I remember walking from the locker room out through the crowd to the field . Later the Viking heads were painted on the old grocery store . I remember the old sidelines were a muddy troft , with a couple old wood benches . I remember coaches had long yellow cords for their headsets lol

Jackson had the one sided bleachers and other side was the press box. Very intimidating place to play.

CH Jones still has the old school nostalgia feel to it .

In hindsight as nice as some of these new stadiums / fields are I would go back to the old ones in a heartbeat

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Poo Bear wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:24 pm
Dundas wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:47 am

While all these new fields / stadiums are nice and pretty there was a lot of nostalgia with the old fields .

Marvin Kenocke field was awesome place to play football . It was basically a cow pasture when it rained . The fans were right on top of the sidelines . I remember walking from the locker room out through the crowd to the field . Later the Viking heads were painted on the old grocery store . I remember the old sidelines were a muddy troft , with a couple old wood benches . I remember coaches had long yellow cords for their headsets lol

Jackson had the one sided bleachers and other side was the press box. Very intimidating place to play.

CH Jones still has the old school nostalgia feel to it .

In hindsight as nice as some of these new stadiums / fields are I would go back to the old ones in a heartbeat
I like the old atmosphere as well but do not like having to get there at 5:55 for a 7:30 game.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:34 am
Well they have like 25 teams at a track meet so that’s a lot of kids and fans, but will say they host the best meet around.
Possible 30 plus this year.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Funny thing is all these pretty beautiful stadiums aint produced one state champion. NY only state championship the field was the old grass field and all the bragging that jackson field gets caint seem to get jackson out of the first couple rounds.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Made second round 4 times since move to alumni , 3 rd round once

Whos your team. ?

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

My bad 3rd round once

Poo Bear