Jackson Stadium

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Re: Jackson Stadium

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

It looked like the home side was pretty full, I'd say Johnstown traveled well!

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Anyone know what the final attendance was for this game?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

mattash wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:51 pm 1. Jackson
2. Valley
3??? lol for me Symmes Valley cause I get to stand in the endzone.
YOU HAIN'T RIGHT BOSS, LOL.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I KNEW YOU ALL WOULD DIG JOHNSTOWN'S BAND, THEY ARE AS GOOD AS THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM IS AT WHAT THEY DO.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:16 pm It looked like the home side was pretty full, I'd say Johnstown traveled well!
Home side had quite a few ppl who were there to watch the game and not Johnnies fans. It was fairly full but there was plenty if searing left. Just looking around where I was at come kickoff, the 45, there were seats all around no-one was packed in. I'd love to know the final count for that game, my guess was 5,500-6,000 just a rough guess though. Looking across at visitor side it looked like it was shoulder to shoulder.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:18 pm I was impressed of how it held the crowd. I came up at halftime and had never ever seen cars parked on both sides of the entrance of the drive to the field house...those folks caused a lot of trouble for those leaving in the early 4th quarter. Cars trying to go both ways and only room for one car. Zero chance they were directed to park there and those 12-15 cars clustered up the exit badly for nearly 15 minutes.

Jackson parking is WAAAAY better than many let on but it’s hairy for a packed 7,000 in attendance (estimate).....but al season long it is not a problem at all IMO
That's the thing. There was no one directing traffic or parking cars at all.

Hail State
Waterboy

Post by Hail State »

I heard they're tearing it down

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:53 am
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:18 pm I was impressed of how it held the crowd. I came up at halftime and had never ever seen cars parked on both sides of the entrance of the drive to the field house...those folks caused a lot of trouble for those leaving in the early 4th quarter. Cars trying to go both ways and only room for one car. Zero chance they were directed to park there and those 12-15 cars clustered up the exit badly for nearly 15 minutes.

Jackson parking is WAAAAY better than many let on but it’s hairy for a packed 7,000 in attendance (estimate).....but al season long it is not a problem at all IMO
Yeah typically there's guys parking them in the open field next to the field. Not sure where you parked there was guys directing parking past the field house along the road there outside the fence

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I believe you but that also doesn’t sound right. Typically around 5 different people (maintenance/custodial staff) pointing you to a recommended area. I didn’t arrive until the end of the second quarter so I just picked a spot that wasn’t really legal but not constricting traffic.

Whynotus18
Waterboy

Post by Whynotus18 »

heard the stadium was being condemned is this true i hope so they need a new stadium.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whynotus18 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:34 pm heard the stadium was being condemned is this true i hope so they need a new stadium.
A plan is being looked into. A $9.4 million dollar design is in the works. It will seat 11,750 and also include the adjacent land that is going to have a 3 story parking garage that will hold around 600 cars/trucks

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:22 pm

I believe you but that also doesn’t sound right. Typically around 5 different people (maintenance/custodial staff) pointing you to a recommended area. I didn’t arrive until the end of the second quarter so I just picked a spot that wasn’t really legal but not constricting traffic.
There was ppl out there directing you, even had someone standing there as you went up the hill from the 139 side. Ironman92 you weren't the one in the red truck parked in the grass on the hillside next to the handicap parking, that I watched driving over the the concrete burm??

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:48 pm

There was ppl out there directing you, even had someone standing there as you went up the hill from the 139 side. Ironman92 you weren't the one in the red truck parked in the grass on the hillside next to the handicap parking, that I watched driving over the the concrete burm??
Black Honda parked in field house lot

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:42 pm
Whynotus18 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:34 pm heard the stadium was being condemned is this true i hope so they need a new stadium.
A plan is being looked into. A $9.4 million dollar design is in the works. It will seat 11,750 and also include the adjacent land that is going to have a 3 story parking garage that will hold around 600 cars/trucks
Doggone, I bet the cost of parking is going up! lol :lol: :lol: :roll:

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

We got there 35 minutes before kickoff and never had a soul directing us. We came up the 139 side and there was no one there at all.

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

Does Jackson usually have enough parking on the hill for regular season games or do people have to park down at the middle school?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:43 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:42 pm
Doggone, I bet the cost of parking is going up! lol :lol: :lol: :roll:
It’s being discussed. Proposed $2 as normal and $350 per County #27 tag

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:45 pm

We got there 35 minutes before kickoff and never had a soul directing us. We came up the 139 side and there was no one there at all.
Did you turn right at the top to go around the backside of the school or go straight?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BBALL99 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:50 pm Does Jackson usually have enough parking on the hill for regular season games or do people have to park down at the middle school?
I've been there when burg played at Jackson and there was plenty of parking area, but like I said they use a open field they have there for parking and Saturday they didn't

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:23 pm
BBALL99 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:50 pm Does Jackson usually have enough parking on the hill for regular season games or do people have to park down at the middle school?
I've been there when burg played at Jackson and there was plenty of parking area, but like I said they use a open field they have there for parking and Saturday they didn't
Didn’t realize they didn’t use that field. When weather is wet of iffy they don’t use that field.

Return to “Football”