Makya Matthews

mattash
Site Admin

Makya Matthews

Post by mattash »

Has he signed anywhere yet? This kid is solid. I bet he had 30 tackles tonight.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
bleed_blue
Varsity

Re: Makya Matthews

Post by bleed_blue »

mattash wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:06 pm Has he signed anywhere yet? This kid is solid. I bet he had 30 tackles tonight.
He hasn’t that I’m aware off. Hopefully see more great things outta him next year

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

He is only a Junior so I look for him to be a hot commodity next year. He is one of the best two way players I’ve ever watched in my 40 years of Burg football.

langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

He is a special athlete and an even better kid off the field

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Any stats on how many tackles he had?

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Very good athlete. His father was a D1 RB at Marshall many moons ago but didn't stick around long. Has several kids and all are superb athletes.

Makya very well might end up being the best of any of them. He's in line for a huge senior season.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

bleed_blue wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:38 pm
mattash wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:06 pm Has he signed anywhere yet? This kid is solid. I bet he had 30 tackles tonight.
He hasn’t that I’m aware off. Hopefully see more great things outta him next year
The one thing that hasn't been asked is how is his grades and ACT scores?? These are the first things recruiters ask of high school coaches before they even get into the young man as an athlete they want to know the young man as a student first. If you don't have what it takes with the grades they will just leave so not to waste their time. This is advice for anyone out there even as a freshman start taking care of those grades first and let the rest unfold for you. Good luck to the young man

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:12 am
The one thing that hasn't been asked is how is his grades and ACT scores?? These are the first things recruiters ask of high school coaches before they even get into the young man as an athlete they want to know the young man as a student first. If you don't have what it takes with the grades they will just leave so not to waste their time. This is advice for anyone out there even as a freshman start taking care of those grades first and let the rest unfold for you. Good luck to the young man
He is an honor roll student

langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

Straight A's. Very intelligent and a very good kid

TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

Never met the kid but he is a great great football player.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

langra wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:18 am

Straight A's. Very intelligent and a very good kid
Awesome

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg could possibly become a run between the tackles team and put him in the “I”

Who are we kidding!!! Burg will still spread it out and get the ball to him out in the open where he can make things happen. Think Burg will have a Sophomore QB, unless they “recruit” one in so I think they will be okay. Return three offensive lineman.

Would love to see him go somewhere close in college so we can watch him play.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Mak currently carries a near 4.0 GPA in college prep curriculum, plus one college course he's already taking. As the season progresses college attention increased, d1 schools have taken notice. Humble kid, you wouldn't know these things about him because he doesn't hardly talk!

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:09 pm Burg could possibly become a run between the tackles team and put him in the “I”

Who are we kidding!!! Burg will still spread it out and get the ball to him out in the open where he can make things happen. Think Burg will have a Sophomore QB, unless they “recruit” one in so I think they will be okay. Return three offensive lineman.

Would love to see him go somewhere close in college so we can watch him play.
The cupboard is far from bare. Makaya is gonna be the go to guy next year but they still have some pieces. I’d say along with the sophomore QB there will be a few other sophomores getting quite a bit of minutes. As the old saying goes Wheelersburg doesn’t rebuild they reload.

TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

He's a great player, but without help he will be much easier to contain. Those twin sets with him and Holden were basically unguardable for local teams. You can bracket him without Holden

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

TCat wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:12 pm He's a great player, but without help he will be much easier to contain. Those twin sets with him and Holden were basically unguardable for local teams. You can bracket him without Holden
Every year it’s the same old story....what Burg gonna do. Some how they seem to find a way. I wouldn’t worry myself too much about it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TCat wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:12 pm He's a great player, but without help he will be much easier to contain. Those twin sets with him and Holden were basically unguardable for local teams. You can bracket him without Holden
I actually see TCat point but I think makaya moves to a different role next year.

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

Do we have a quarterback in the 8th grade that may be the starter as a freshman I had heard he's 6'2" and very good and may have a chance, does anyone know anything about him. Thanks- Go Burg!!!

Volunteer
Riding the Bench

Post by Volunteer »

Transferred from west last year, great athlete

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Sounds like #29 is a great kid. All I ever saw out of him on the field was class. I don't think I saw him do anything unsportsmanlike or "look at me". He seemed to be a great sport out there. Wish him the best and good luck to him in the recruiting process for college.

Return to “Football”