D2 State Title Game - Oh brother, no... Washington vs Hoban

formerfcfan
SEOP

D2 State Title Game - Oh brother, no... Washington vs Hoban

Post by formerfcfan »

Massillon versus Hoban. Might as well be the Cowboys versus the Patriots, if you ask me.

Anyone feeling one way or the other on this one? Guess I want Massillon to win, but only because I’m sick of Hoban.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: D2 State Title Game - Oh brother, no...

Post by LucasDavenport »

Massillon Washington. Most wins in Ohio Playoff History without winning A Title.

Hoban heavy favorites

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Cb and being D2 helps but Hoban wins the title. Massillon still has 26 paper titles after this year.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Thursday Night Lone Ranger Game.

7:30 pm.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Paper titles meant something long ago. Doesn't mean a thing since 1972. Good for tp if we ever become Venezuela. Go Hoban.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

This will sell out

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Tom Benson seats 23,000. Don’t think it will sell out but should be a good crowd.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Seen Massillon lost a big player vs WW, even with a player of that caliber was going to be an uphill battle. If he's out for the game though could turn into a long night. Hoban with another title.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

The talk of a sellout made me wonder about the attendance records. 1973 right around 30,000
2nd place 23,000 in 1980
Last year biggest crowd around 10-12,000 that’s a guess

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:06 pm This will sell out
Should probably move this game to the Browns Stadium.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:33 pm Cb and being D2 helps but Hoban wins the title. Massillon still has 26 paper titles after this year.
Wasn't there only one Massillin team in those days?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

noreply66 wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:51 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:33 pm Cb and being D2 helps but Hoban wins the title. Massillon still has 26 paper titles after this year.
Wasn't there only one Massillin team in those days?
Massillon proper (city) has always been 1 district. What they refer to now as Massillon Perry is an area between Canton and Massillon basically along Rt.30 and Massillon Jackson is to the North of town and has been an ever-growing suburb with big money. There's also Massillon Tuslaw which is a smaller school just west of town sorta out in the country.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
VCPops
Freshman Team

Post by VCPops »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:14 am Tom Benson seats 23,000. Don’t think it will sell out but should be a good crowd.

Fawcett Stadium as it will always be known to us Canton Mckinley Bulldogs has always sold out for the Canton-Massillon game and will sell out for this game being the number of people from Massillon,Akron( which is less that 20 miles away and all the Mckinley fans who will go just to see Massillon get beat again.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Public School Recruits vs the Catholic School Recruits. Hoping somehow both teams lose.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

teach1coach2 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:38 am Public School Recruits vs the Catholic School Recruits. Hoping somehow both teams lose.
This begs the question “when Hoban sees their state title forfeited four months later, will Massillon have finally won one?”

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I am hoping Hoban puts a running clock on Washington.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Why the hate for Washington? What am I missing? Shouldn't the hate be more towards Hoban?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
thebarlowbandit
All State

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:44 am Why the hate for Washington? What am I missing? Shouldn't the hate be more towards Hoban?
He went to watch a game there before and they failed to be impressed with his stories of travel to see 5 games a weekend and still made him pay admission and charged him for a program.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:44 am Why the hate for Washington? What am I missing? Shouldn't the hate be more towards Hoban?
I think most people would largely agree that their disdain is less-so rooted against the school itself, but the community and it’s generally noxious fanbase (including its message board following.) Although, at the same time, I think the Nate Moore and Thayer Munford situation (interesting that each of them both decided to move to Massillon from Cincinnati at the same time) has galvanized a lot of the general disdain, too.

My own personal animus relates to the paper titles chest-thumping and how Massillon fans decide to be the arbiter of what poll champions are legitimate and which ones are not.

(FWIW, as a Catholic school fan, I think what Hoban has accomplished is tainted, I think their means of getting where they were at today has been despicable, and I want to see them piledrived out of OHSAA postseason play for a good long time.)

thebarlowbandit
All State

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:10 am
I think most people would largely agree that their disdain is less-so rooted against the school itself, but the community and it’s generally noxious fanbase (including its message board following.) Although, at the same time, I think the Nate Moore and Thayer Munford situation (interesting that each of them both decided to move to Massillon from Cincinnati at the same time) has galvanized a lot of the general disdain, too.

My own personal animus relates to the paper titles chest-thumping and how Massillon fans decide to be the arbiter of what poll champions are legitimate and which ones are not.

(FWIW, as a Catholic school fan, I think what Hoban has accomplished is tainted, I think their means of getting where they were at today has been despicable, and I want to see them piledrived out of OHSAA postseason play for a good long time.)
Say all people want, but they have amassed an amazing number of wins and play quality competition every season. As far as their fan base we have few in SE Ohio who are equally obnoxious

Return to “Football”