Wellston(0) @ (35)Jackson

24sevenfootball
Riding the Bench

Re: WK1 Wellston @ Jackson (8/26)

Post by 24sevenfootball »

Game will be over by halftime, jackson by 5 scores!

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Learn something every day.

We have no passing game and will be down 35 at halftime.

falcons4life
Riding the Bench

Post by falcons4life »

Dandy Don wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:38 pm Learn something every day.

Dandy, what side are you on? I thought I heard where Wellston is much improved this year.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

We know it has to be bad if Dondy is saying this. I take it "Dutch" can't get the boys to run through the brick walls like he did in his first stint at the helm. That's a shame. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
i83
Freshman Team

Post by i83 »

Jackson big

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

falcons4life wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:59 pm

Dandy, what side are you on? I thought I heard where Wellston is much improved this year.
I was quoting the knucklehead above me, Mr. 24/7

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

No need to thump your chest on here. We'll find out in a few days what each team has. Hope for a competitive and injury free game .

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

i83 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:49 pmJackson big

And Big

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Trailblazer
Riding the Bench

Post by Trailblazer »

Jackson....40
Wellston... 16

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Nice Gridiron Glory video piece on the game going around social media, sums it up pretty good.

The Rockets will bring a workman-like mentality to the game Saturday.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson kids in the weight room every morning at 630am. Yeah they put in the work

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson 35
Wellston 0

Jackson 5 yards and a cloud of dust and solid defense.

Jackson good depth a running back. Line did well blowing them off the line but need to do a lot better on penalties.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Typical wellston vs jackson game.

Jackson to big and strong.

IMO should have been more like 21-7 21-0 wellston gave them one right before half. And i did'nt have a real good view but pretty sure jackson muffed a punt that the refs gave them but that happens.

wellston will be fine lot of good players

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:35 pm Typical wellston vs jackson game.

IMO should have been more like 21-7 21-0 wellston gave them one right before half. And i did'nt have a real good view but pretty sure jackson muffed a punt that the refs gave them but that happens.

I had a poor angle but thought they touched it too...it looked bad. Had a good angle on the look to be Wellston fumble upon contact that Matt Humphreys was going to take 95 yards to the house...but blown dead.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:02 am
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:35 pm Typical wellston vs jackson game.

I had a poor angle but thought they touched it too...it looked bad. Had a good angle on the look to be Wellston fumble upon contact that Matt Humphreys was going to take 95 yards to the house...but blown dead.
was standing so did not see that one well either. lol Just i was almost sure jackson touched the punt and then wellstons qb not falling on ball was bad also I think wellston will do alright some good things there. jackson will be jackson and win their share

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: WK1 Wellston @ Jackson (8/26)qa

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson looked rusty . They haven't had a scrimmage in a while , need to clean some things up. But the rushing game was there , the hard nosed defense was there. Wellston play calling was very Bland. Their line fires off and engages . I think wellston looked improved or at least well coached . Jackson will improve more as the season goes , they always do . Wellston could win their share of games . I think 6-4 is very possible .

Anyways good game, good atmosphere , no injuries .

24sevenfootball
Riding the Bench

Post by 24sevenfootball »

Jackson had a a different game plan here, they run up the middle all night, never attempting outside. Jackson did not even think about showing what they are capable of in this game and didnt have too. You will see a mich more explosive team than u seen tonight in other games.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Re: WK1 Wellston @ Jackson (8/26)qa

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:24 am Jackson looked rusty . They haven't had a scrimmage in a while , need to clean some things up. But the rushing game was there , the hard nosed defense was there. Wellston play calling was very Bland. Their line fires off and engages . I think wellston looked improved or at least well coached . Jackson will improve more as the season goes , they always do . Wellston could win their share of games . I think 6-4 is very possible .

Anyways good game, good atmosphere , no injuries .
well said

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

24sevenfootball wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:31 am Jackson had a a different game plan here, they run up the middle all night, never attempting outside. Jackson did not even think about showing what they are capable of in this game and didnt have too. You will see a mich more explosive team than u seen tonight in other games.

Give wellston defense Alota credit . They didn't back down one bit and they got a few players who will lay the wood to you. This game could've been a 35-14 or 28-14 type game . Hard for wellston to compete simply by the size of schools but pound for pound wellston is pretty darn solid .

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

After spending from 6:55 until 7:30 on the street leading in from Main Street until where you turn up the hill, being greeted by an extremely unpleasant lady as I tried to politely explain to her the traffic situation still looming behind me that was being caused so that the $2 admission could be collected to see the 8th wonder of the world, we finally got parked and got seated.

No sense with a long analysis here. We played hard on both sides of the ball initially then just failed to get any momentum and eventually a school twice as big takes advantage and adds some scores. Would have like to have seen some other kids gets some touches on O, not sure why that didn't happen, but it did feel like there were improvements from last year's Week 1 outing.

Not belaboring this but this game is not a good decision for us Week 1. Could care less about the gate every 2 years. It has not only been an almost certain 0-1 start but it causes a lot of community strife-discussion-chatter every year amongst everyone as soon as the season starts. You don't need that in Week 1 it has a carryover effect to Week 2/3 and beyond, just not needed from a loss but not needed for getting people fired/stirred up. If the gate is $20k every 2 years then find a way to raise $10k in both years and ditch this game until we reach a point in the program where it makes sense to play it again.

In 2019 how about some cops at the intersection at bottom of hill directing traffic and more than 2 people (and maybe someone that can smile) collecting money. Just a random thought.

We should get back on track next week with a trip and a win at Huntington.

Return to “Football”