Waterboy

Coal grove coach Evan took boyd county head coaching job

Post by coopracing »

:D

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Re: Coal grove coach Evan took boyd county head coaching job

Post by Half Slice »

Talk about Roll Coal. What a crock. Feel bad for the Hornets and those kids.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'm very saddened to hear that. especially for the coal grove players and community. who just loved this young man. I pray you all find the right person for the job, the school and the community. I felt the young man had a very bright future there. but I have no idea about pay or anything involved.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Why leave? CG has a better football program with more history than Boyd Co. Has to be the $$$$$.

Especially when you build something special and win a league title in your first year. Get the kids to buy in and then walk out a year later. SMH.

What a sellout.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Good riddance. Terrible that he couldn’t even man up and tell his team straight up. Kids had to hear the official word on social media. The school district has to get the job posted ASAP. We can’t wait till spring time to hire somebody.

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

Otto wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:09 am Why leave? CG has a better football program with more history than Boyd Co. Has to be the $$$$$.

Especially when you build something special and win a league title in your first year. Get the kids to buy in and then walk out a year later. SMH.

What a sellout.

He didn’t build anything. He inherited what Brian Kidd had built. I personally don’t believe money was that big of an issue. The talent doesn’t look promising in the ranks I’m told by insiders. I think he got out while the getting was good.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

didnt coal grove fire him and then rehire him? Or was that kidd?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

For people to think coaches coach for money is a joke, This is not college where they come up with unlimited amount of money. Coal Grove did have a very good season last year. This year was not. The football support had cracks in it this year. That has been Coal Grove in football the last 15 years. Some people do not want the program to get better unless they can take some credit for it even if in their own mind or influence decisions. As his decision being made close to the end of the football season. I would say it has something to do with what I mentioned in some form.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

IMG_3257.JPG

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Comes down to this, he got to see the true Coal Grove fan this year. Win and they will build you a statue, lose and they will burn you at the stake. This year didn't bother me because I didn't expect a good season. Many people expected a repeat of last year and that wasn't in the cards. Also, Boyd County isn't a "football" school, they will throw him a parade for going 4-6, not want to destroy him.

Now it's back to the drawing board but to be honest, I dont k ow who will want this job, with a fan base with really high expectations and a talent pool that is really not there (if you watched the jr. High you know what I mean).

OVCFAN83
Waterboy

Post by OVCFAN83 »

Ferguson didn't inherit what Kidd built. I personally think the problem is in the administration or something, you don't have the season he had in his 1st year and leave a year later. It would've been hard for anyone to build at CG when you have 1/4 Kidd Supporters, 1/4 Lucas Supporters, and 1/2 Ferguson supporters. As we have already seen in this thread he was just coaching "Kidds Team."

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Some people I’ve talked to said he was in the 2nd year of his 2 year contract and administration came to him about the lackluster season this year. Sounds like he wasn’t getting the support that you need to build a program.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I feel bad for the grove kids. Hopefully they can find a quality head coach soon. Good luck to coach Ferguson moving forward.

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:57 am Some people I’ve talked to said he was in the 2nd year of his 2 year contract and administration came to him about the lackluster season this year. Sounds like he wasn’t getting the support that you need to build a program.
Not true! To my knowledge all CG coaches are on 1 year contracts.

Gator B Long
Freshman Team

Post by Gator B Long »

I hope for the CG kids they get stabilized in their football program.The football program will have had 4 coaches in the last 6 yrs. Interview and hire a QUALIFIED person by Christmas.

Mojo Bob
Waterboy

Post by Mojo Bob »

I’m sure Luke Sammons will apply

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

pistol wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:55 am
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:57 am Some people I’ve talked to said he was in the 2nd year of his 2 year contract and administration came to him about the lackluster season this year. Sounds like he wasn’t getting the support that you need to build a program.
Regardless if it was a 1 or 2 year contract, he was still up for renewal.

blackraider
Riding the Bench

Post by blackraider »

Gifford from SP may be a good call.Dead end job at SP. Successful HC experience would be a pre-requisite.

The voice of the PEOPLE
pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:01 pm
I know some of the administration and the coach had nothing but their full support

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

pistol wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:36 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:01 pm

I know some of the administration and the coach had nothing but their full support
That’s good to hear about their support. Something must of happened though for him to look elsewhere. Especially given Boyd County is not a football power. Big loss for the CG program. Wish them luck in their search. Hopefully they can find a good fit.

Return to “Football”