What in tarnation?

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Re: What in tarnation?

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

bleed_blue wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:17 pm
fbnut wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:59 am
bleed_blue wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:22 am

He didn’t film the entire game from the Madison sideline. I believe he was over for maybe the last drive.
Or people maybe are a little influenced by there anti burg bias
It’s my understanding he was in the end zone on Madison’s sideline
He wasn’t close to the team or coaches
It was also stated the videos were not edited so it comes down to who you choose to believe
Like I stated in another thread. Madison said the film he sent didn’t have what they were looking for so they said they were edited. How many people doing highlight films turn their camera on from the time they start filming film everything they see and turn it off when the game is over? I would think they film the play stop after the play is over and wait for the next play thus making it seem like the film had been edited?
Very true someone who makes highlight videos only wants to film the action so when nothing is going on like time outs end of quarter or whatever the stoppage of play might be he would stop video why would he want to waste film when play is dead makes sense to me! When Madison cools off and realizes that they just got beat by the better team then and only then will they realize how foolish their accusations were!

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

They didn’t have anything that would help them win the lawsuit lmao

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Was the Madison coach yelling out his plays? I find that hard to believe and if Derrick was standing right next to him how did someone not notice him earlier??

MM couldn’t find anything on the videos because there was NOTHING THERE TO SEE!!!!!

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Many of you who think that just because there was "no proof" so it was dropped aren't getting the fact that people proclaim that it did in fact happen. Think of it as someone got off on a technicality,that wasn't to say they weren't guilty.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

What bothers me about all of this, wasn’t he supposedly just over there the last few minutes of the game? What about how Burg completely shut there running game down from what they normally get and held them to 6 offensive points? How did the Burg manage to do all of that without the help of someone on the field? Maybe Burg has a helluva coaching staff that dissected every aspect of Madison’s offense came up with a scheme that totally dominated them. Burg’s defense was clearly faster than that huge offensive line and they hadn’t faced that all year.

They had no answer for Holden and Mathews and once Burg got them two going North and South instead of East and West they started moving the ball. They had there QB covering Holden and it was obvious that he could not cover Holden, evident on the give and go play in the 2nd qtr and the only defense he had was to shove Tanner. Sure they threw the flag for PI and it saved a TD and For some reason Burg never went back to that play.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:03 am What bothers me about all of this, wasn’t he supposedly just over there the last few minutes of the game? What about how Burg completely shut there running game down from what they normally get and held them to 6 offensive points? How did the Burg manage to do all of that without the help of someone on the field? Maybe Burg has a helluva coaching staff that dissected every aspect of Madison’s offense came up with a scheme that totally dominated them. Burg’s defense was clearly faster than that huge offensive line and they hadn’t faced that all year.

They had no answer for Holden and Mathews and once Burg got them two going North and South instead of East and West they started moving the ball. They had there QB covering Holden and it was obvious that he could not cover Holden, evident on the give and go play in the 2nd qtr and the only defense he had was to shove Tanner. Sure they threw the flag for PI and it saved a TD and For some reason Burg never went back to that play.
Your not going to change people’s mind
Same guys that wine and cry year round about burgs open enrollment, holding kids back, transfers, recruiting and it goes on and on
They can’t compete and this is how they deal with it

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

12gauge wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:18 am Many of you who think that just because there was "no proof" so it was dropped aren't getting the fact that people proclaim that it did in fact happen. Think of it as someone got off on a technicality,that wasn't to say they weren't guilty.
Please don’t volunteer for jury duty.

JeepsWin
Waterboy

Post by JeepsWin »

Week later and 12G still stirring. Doesn’t matter what is said, he and others will continue to stir the pot and make up lies forever as long they gots an audience.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:20 am
12gauge wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:18 am Many of you who think that just because there was "no proof" so it was dropped aren't getting the fact that people proclaim that it did in fact happen. Think of it as someone got off on a technicality,that wasn't to say they weren't guilty.
Please don’t volunteer for jury duty.
Wouldn’t want him sitting on my jury :lol:

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

People proclaim things all the time. Just because someone says something doesn’t mean what they are saying is true. We live in a society that wants to rush to judgement over everything before actually seeing the facts. Society has twisted it to where people are guilty until proven innocent.

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Dear Madison fans please stop with the accusations you had a good football team but you just faced a better prepared team just like last year. Burgs experience being in those kind of games really helps. The better team won just face it and now you should support the team who defeated you. Show good sportsmanship just like Burg would have if they would have lost.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Lots of distractions, lies, false accusations and innuendo but ALMOST GAMETIME!!!

29 Hours 20 Minutes until Kickoff!!!! Looking forward to this game! Should be an instant classic!

GO BURG!!!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

No one cares, just as soon as burg fans stop posting about it this topic will be over. No need in debating something that isn't an issue up for debate.

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:10 pm No one cares, just as soon as burg fans stop posting about it this topic will be over. No need in debating something that isn't an issue up for debate.
Amen brother!

Trojan Horse
Waterboy

Post by Trojan Horse »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:10 pm No one cares, just as soon as burg fans stop posting about it this topic will be over. No need in debating something that isn't an issue up for debate.
Why have you posted this over and over. If you don't like it don't read it

Trojan Horse
Waterboy

Post by Trojan Horse »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:04 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:31 pm
55buckeyes98 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:03 pm

If he was inside the 25 yardline he did something wrong...he crossed the media line. Why did he run to the other side supposedly when another reported went to tell? If he was filming Wheelersburg why did he need to be in the Madison side? He may have done nothing wrong we ll never know but just doesn't look good...
Is this true? Show proof of it don’t just say it get the proof and put it up or shut up!

Someone had to film this post the video or shut your mouth!

We deal in facts my friend.
Do you have the proof that this did not happen? No one can say for sure one way or another. I have an opinion not of guilt or innocence, but of circumstance. All I can say whether it's jealousy or sore losers there is always a lot of "rumors" around the program that are maybe not proven but not disproved either! I won't say exactly what those rumors are because I don't have facts from where I sit, but where there is smoke there is fire and the win at all costs mentality will only last for so long.
Couple good posts here. If you get accused in court of a crime the prosecution tries to convince the jury that because of past history the defense is capable of committing the crime. Especially the last couple years with all the transfers. When people complain Wheelersburg posters respond with reasons why its ok prior to high school. They can't deny it. Other stuff too. They make it really easy for area people to believe they would do it. Because like the other guy said, its win at all costs.

Fact is the guy shouldn't have been there. Woodward knew he was there and was ok with it. Its his responsibility.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Trojan Horse wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:09 am
Why have you posted this over and over. If you don't like it don't read it
Because I can, I'd be more worried about why everyone wants to speculate on something they have already ruled out. I mean I guess everyone just enjoys a good scandal because just like your post trying to keep it going where there is nothing to keep going. Ruins the game and the kids don't deserve that.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Trojan Horse wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:21 am
55buckeyes98 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:04 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:31 pm

Is this true? Show proof of it don’t just say it get the proof and put it up or shut up!

Someone had to film this post the video or shut your mouth!

We deal in facts my friend.
Do you have the proof that this did not happen? No one can say for sure one way or another. I have an opinion not of guilt or innocence, but of circumstance. All I can say whether it's jealousy or sore losers there is always a lot of "rumors" around the program that are maybe not proven but not disproved either! I won't say exactly what those rumors are because I don't have facts from where I sit, but where there is smoke there is fire and the win at all costs mentality will only last for so long.
Couple good posts here. If you get accused in court of a crime the prosecution tries to convince the jury that because of past history the defense is capable of committing the crime. Especially the last couple years with all the transfers. When people complain Wheelersburg posters respond with reasons why its ok prior to high school. They can't deny it. Other stuff too. They make it really easy for area people to believe they would do it. Because like the other guy said, its win at all costs.

Fact is the guy shouldn't have been there. Woodward knew he was there and was ok with it. Its his responsibility.
Another true Trojan fan here, you can't even comment on the real issue without mentioning transfers?? I mean really what does that have to do with this non issue?? Nothing....you just want to complain and stir. I'm not even a burg fan but it just gets old trying to get on here and ppl make a prediction about a game and mention transfers like that's the reason they'll lose. Or why the burg is so much better than their team. Coach your kids up support them and play on.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I’ve been thinking about the animosity towards Wheelersburg from the rest of the county and I think I have an idea as to why it seems to have ramped up a notch. (Besides the ease in communication we have now — Facebook, Twitter, Message boards).

In the past — think of the 89 championship team — Wheelersburg wasn’t that far ahead of the area teams. I believe if my memory is correct that Wheelersburg won their 4 playoff games that year by 1 Td scores and defeated West by 1 point in the regular season. The next year Coal Grove was better and went to the State Semis.

Last year West had a great team and possibly the 2nd or 3rd best team in school history. Ranked 4th and 9-0 and went to Wheelersburg in week 10 and were beaten 41-7. It wasn’t close. Waverly went 9-1 this year. Made the playoffs in D4. 49-0. Not close. Imagine the frustration. The gap is significant and it doesn’t seem to be closing. The cycle of talent is not as short as in most schools.

I believe this has led to the finger pointing and complaining. The thorough dominance is staggering and it’s football which is very important in Southern Ohio.

Just my 2 cents. If it makes you feel better I graduated from Wheelersburg in 1986 and I tell people that the classes of 85 and 86 tried to teach Wheelersburg some humility because we were so bad. Didn’t work but we tried. :-).

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:30 pm I’ve been thinking about the animosity towards Wheelersburg from the rest of the county and I think I have an idea as to why it seems to have ramped up a notch. (Besides the ease in communication we have now — Facebook, Twitter, Message boards).

In the past — think of the 89 championship team — Wheelersburg wasn’t that far ahead of the area teams. I believe if my memory is correct that Wheelersburg won their 4 playoff games that year by 1 Td scores and defeated West by 1 point in the regular season. The next year Coal Grove was better and went to the State Semis.

Last year West had a great team and possibly the 2nd or 3rd best team in school history. Ranked 4th and 9-0 and went to Wheelersburg in week 10 and were beaten 41-7. It wasn’t close. Waverly went 9-1 this year. Made the playoffs in D4. 49-0. Not close. Imagine the frustration. The gap is significant and it doesn’t seem to be closing. The cycle of talent is not as short as in most schools.

I believe this has led to the finger pointing and complaining. The thorough dominance is staggering and it’s football which is very important in Southern Ohio.

Just my 2 cents. If it makes you feel better I graduated from Wheelersburg in 1986 and I tell people that the classes of 85 and 86 tried to teach Wheelersburg some humility because we were so bad. Didn’t work but we tried. :-).
If you would have said in the 70’s,80’s,90’s and early 2000’s that Portsmouth would drop The Burg in football because they just could not compete people would have called you crazy

Return to “Football”